NBA 2K12 on GT.TV

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

NBA 2K12 on GT.TV

Postby Phraynk on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 am

Wasn't there supposed to be something about 2K12 on TV this week, on some gaming channel?
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Re: 2K12 on TV?

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 am

SpikeTV, tomorrow night at 1am EST. It gets uploaded to Gametrailers.com soon after so Friday Morning sometime.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phraynk on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks a bunch Jao, means a lot. (Y) (Y) :)
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 am

JaoSming wrote:SpikeTV, tomorrow night at 1am EST. It gets uploaded to Gametrailers.com soon after so Friday Morning sometime.

great news I will be sleeping hope you guys can post it on here I would like to check that out (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby fumanchu on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

we dont have spike TV.... :(
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am

like I said, they will be on gametrailers.com soon after airing.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rob Owen on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Tonight, on Spike TV, witness the first NBA 2K12 gameplay footage and interviews with some of the best developers in the business. GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley will have it all, tune in at 10:05 PM PST (Check local listings to be sure, different networks may have different start times) - 2kgam.es/NBA2K12onGTTV
Rob Owen

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 pm

you can watch it here

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gam ... v/130?ch=1

of note,

there is a Shot Quality meter, rating shots from A+ to F (A, C+, etc)
new facial expressions, presentation's improved, nothing new in the 2nd segment
footage of historic games, showing the old scorebugs, but for some reason maintains the "modern" substitution slider thingy
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NBA 2K12 on GT.TV

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:17 am

Changed the thread title, might as well make this the discussion thread for the spotlight.

Decent spot all around, not too much in the way of new info but plenty of highlight clips and a bit of raw gameplay footage, though given the format the clips were brief. A lot of the stuff they were talking about in terms of fluidity and the like is difficult to glean from video, it does look a bit better but that's the kind of stuff that'll be apparent when we get our hands on the demo.

The presentation in the NBA's Greatest games looks great, I like that the commentary team notes they're "taking a look back" at a classic game rather than pretending they're in the 60s. It's a minor detail but I think it works for the atmosphere. Quibbles with some of the team selections aside, I still reckon I'll enjoy playing through those games. A few extra challenges would've been nice though, something to aim for.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby fumanchu on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:05 am

is there a youtube link for this video?
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:07 am

Doesn't look like it yet.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:09 am

nope, and I dont think these usually get uploaded to youtube either.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rob Owen on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 am

i also think..
btw, is MP mode still in 2K12? i didn't saw it in both trailers and reviews. just correct me if i'm wrong.
Rob Owen

Postby JaoSming on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 am

yes, it is still in the game and was confirmed with the achievements specifically mentioning the mode and its contracts and other features.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The Greatest10 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:46 am

wtf lebron is puffing his cheek during the alley oop and also before the jumpball other players interact with each other as a respect for the game like dirk shaking hands w/bosh and etc. gameplay is much more smooth compared last year coz it like a real tv broadcast presentation, you hear the crowd reacting actively and shouting during the points of a player much more lively.
Joe Dumars is best defender to him but not for long because he showed up already his skills in to the world that no best defender could guard him
The Greatest10

Postby koberulz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:10 am

The retro scoreboard bug really isn't all that retro. I watched game six of the 1963 Finals the other day, and that had no scoreboard bug at all.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby iPrototype on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:24 am

For those who missed it yesterday. It's a must see video~

Check it out at the GT TV Website
iPrototype

Postby wabenne on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 am

All I got to say is awesome stuff....game as far as presentation looks great. The Specific era arena's look great. Bill Russel, Wilt, and other hall of famer's looking great...2k11 was a great game and even with a lockout 2k12 will be greater. The fact that we get all of these old school teams ones that i grew up with and ones that I just heard and seen about in replays is awesome. Yes I would have liked Barkely, but hell thats not enough reason for me to down what 2k has done to improve the game at all. The rosters are more filled, game looks better, haven't played it so I can't say how much it feels better but hopefully from what those who have played it is a better feeling game....Sorry for all of the optimism but with all the haters that hate on the smallest things and ignore the amazing things I got to make up for it lol
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:55 am

wabenne wrote:Sorry for all of the optimism but with all the haters that hate on the smallest things and ignore the amazing things I got to make up for it lol

It's not "hating" to look at things with a critical eye or to have different expectations and be disappointed if they're not met.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby wabenne on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:53 am

Andrew wrote:
wabenne wrote:Sorry for all of the optimism but with all the haters that hate on the smallest things and ignore the amazing things I got to make up for it lol

It's not "hating" to look at things with a critical eye or to have different expectations and be disappointed if they're not met.

Sorry Andrew let me clarify the "hating" comment. I'm not refering to the "right" to look at something with a critical eye or have a different expectation and be disappointed if its not meant. That is fine and a person has every right to do so, as I have before. When I say hating I am refering to the many post and comments that after 2k12 has come out with great information like player specific era, like the addition of more legends, and more legendary teams, people are "Only" look with a critical eye meaning they ignore the good to point out the bad. Now surely you can appreicate what i'm saying Andrew on the basis that you are mutual you point out the good and the disappointments, but you never say I'm upset that this game didn't have Barkely and then never point out but it does have Wilt, Russel, Mugsy, Tim Hardaway, Penny, so on and so forth.

So again critizism is fine but if you critizise something that has a lot of benefits also and only point out the bad and go out of you way to not talk about the good in my veiw that classifies you as a "Hater". But hey that is just my opinion right?
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

They're not necessarily ignoring the good things or not appreciating them, though. It's easier to dissect the negatives, there's only so many different ways you can say "That's awesome, I'm looking forward to the game." I just feel the terms "hater" and "fanboy" get thrown around way too much in general so it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, but you're entitled to your take.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby wabenne on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Andrew wrote:They're not necessarily ignoring the good things or not appreciating them, though. It's easier to dissect the negatives, there's only so many different ways you can say "That's awesome, I'm looking forward to the game." I just feel the terms "hater" and "fanboy" get thrown around way too much in general so it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, but you're entitled to your take.

I see what your saying and partyly agree and i'm wouldn't or am not using the word losely because I see how that can be irratating. AT the same time what i was expressing when I originally stated my comment wasn't and issue of people trying to find the words to say how great the game was, rather many ignore the good to point out the bad, or even more point out the bad to simply not have to acknowledge the good and I guess that is a pet peeve of mine lol. 2k11 was obviously a great game where do u go after Jordan it seems they are going in a direction that is only making the game better, and while I can understand everything is not perfect, it seems haterish (is that a word) to see great information like Wilt being in the game but then hate that he's in it because its not a challenge mode like Jordan where u have to get 100 with him to move on. I"m fine with you not liking the fact that its not like the Jordan challenge mode, but then to not give props to the fact that 2k12 is giving us more teams, more legends more realness with the specific era's to me is just like a child complaining instead of acknowledging all they do have and I hate when my daughter does that lol. Thanks for even acknowledging my comment Andrew and having a respectful dialogue with me.
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Well as far as the lack of challenges go, I think the concern is that there won't be enough depth or challenge if all we have to do is win the game. I think most people would agree that it's great to have all these legends in the game, what they've done with the retro presentation is cool and there's fun to be had but wish there could've been a little bit more. I do think it's a case of "This is cool, but wouldn't it be better if..." and "It's great and all, but this is kind of weird..." (the '85 Sixers being in the game as Dr J's team, for example) rather than flat out saying "This is terrible". I see your point of course, but my guess is that it's coming across as being harsher than intended.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 am

Sh*t! I really wanted to wait until Nov or even Dec, but I just preordered the game. Really liked what I've seen in the video and could not resist any longer...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am

Hopefully there'll be no need to want to wait until November or December, nasty Association/My Player bugs and the like. Presumably they'll patch any issues as in years past, though past experience does suggest that PC users will have to wait a long time for any title updates that come out.

Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA 2K12