Saturday/Sunday Feature Picture

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Saturday/Sunday Feature Picture

Postby Houndy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:15 am

If we could lock the other thread, this is just a better title for the others to see the new pictures.

First two pics

Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: Saturday/Sunday Feature Picture

Postby iPrototype on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:27 pm

I really hope there's a bit more variation. Each position has the same pose (from what I see, all the SG have the ball and all the Centers have their arms cross? Da F*ck Kareem?!
iPrototype

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm guessing those are the lineup screens as seen in exhibition mode, which would likely be the same as the one used for current teams. If they're going for authentic presentation then I presume the actual lineup introductions/overlays as seen in NBA's Greatest will differ accordingly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

iPrototype wrote:I really hope there's a bit more variation. Each position has the same pose (from what I see, all the SG have the ball and all the Centers have their arms cross? Da F*ck Kareem?!

..is their position on the pre-game lineup screen that important?
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby anastasis16 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:47 pm

BIG GREEN wrote:
iPrototype wrote:I really hope there's a bit more variation. Each position has the same pose (from what I see, all the SG have the ball and all the Centers have their arms cross? Da F*ck Kareem?!

..is their position on the pre-game lineup screen that important?

I agree with iPrototype, the pre-game presentation should have different variation, it's a bit awkward to see Centers pose like that...
anastasis16

Postby Murat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow...!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby justinpot on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 pm

well it could be just a preview of the poses,let's just hope they make different poses or maybe just in-game introductions like what they did in live back in the day
justinpot

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:31 am

iPrototype wrote:all the Centers have their arms cross? Da F*ck Kareem?!

Kareem be representin'
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby wabenne on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 am

guess i'll be the first to say seeing this photos make me even more excited about this game...2k11 was great especially with the bringing back of Jordan another ledgends but this time the accurate starting lineups and more complete lineups with the legendary teams is great to see.
wabenne

Postby NBaller_76 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 am

Can someone please reveal whether we'll still be able to play with the Sonics ?? It would really be a setback for me and all the Sonics fans not to play with Payton & Kemp again !!! It was great to be able to play with the Supersonics in NBA2k11, and also update the team to the 2006-07 season :( Please 2Ksports.....keep the Sonics in the game :(
NBaller_76

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 am

NBaller_76 wrote:Can someone please reveal whether we'll still be able to play with the Sonics ?? It would really be a setback for me and all the Sonics fans not to play with Payton & Kemp again !!! It was great to be able to play with the Supersonics in NBA2k11, and also update the team to the 2006-07 season :( Please 2Ksports.....keep the Sonics in the game :(

Yes you can :arrow: you just have to unlock the teams by winning the games in that mode (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby NBaller_76 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 am

StompTheCourt wrote:
NBaller_76 wrote:Can someone please reveal whether we'll still be able to play with the Sonics ?? It would really be a setback for me and all the Sonics fans not to play with Payton & Kemp again !!! It was great to be able to play with the Supersonics in NBA2k11, and also update the team to the 2006-07 season :( Please 2Ksports.....keep the Sonics in the game :(

Yes you can :arrow: you just have to unlock the teams by winning the games in that mode (Y)

That would be just great !!! Are you 100% about it ??
NBaller_76

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:37 am

Yes. The 1996 Sonics are in the game and can be unlocked by winning the appropriate NBA's Greatest game. Check out the other threads here in the NBA 2K12 section for more info on the announcement.

Regarding the stances on the player introduction screens, once again I'd suggest that they're simply using the ones from exhibition play which would obviously be geared towards the current NBA. Seeing as though they've made a point of mentioning the authentic presentation within the NBA's Greatest mode itself, my guess is that the lineup introductions/overlays will differ accordingly and what we're seeing in those screenshots is how it will be upon unlocking those teams and using them in exhibition mode.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby domt25 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 am

lol... they could be pooping on the pre-game preview and i wouldnt give a shit as long as the game plays well
domt25

Return to NBA 2K12