'NBA 2K12' shoots for another title

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

'NBA 2K12' shoots for another title

Postby Bliss on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm

'NBA 2K12' shoots for another title (with the help of digital Dirk)
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videoga ... =fullstory
Bliss

Re: 'NBA 2K12' shoots for another title

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks for posting. (Y) Not a whole lot of new info there but the stuff that's been mentioned so far all sounds good.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 am

"And when it comes to the A.I., we've really done a lot of work when it comes to taking advantage of each player's skills," added producer Rob Jones. "Last year, the user really knew how to take advantage of every player, but the A.I. just wouldn't attack you the same way. This year, the A.I. will play more like the real players out on the court."

Whether or not that means virtual LeBron will disappear in the fourth quarter, we'll just have to wait until October to find out.

Oh, burn! :lol:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 am

Already cant wait. They keep bringing out good quality basketball games then who needs another basketball title. I hate to say but I did not miss having a second NBA title one bit. Would've been nice but after playing NBA 2k11 you pretty much forget about all that. As for the LeBron thing, c'mon it's 2k we're talking about. They are huge fans of LeBron & have overrated him since first roster update of NBA 2k5. After losing to the flawless Miami Cheat with their amazing fourth quarter comebacks over and over again in NBA 2k11, it would be nice if they put an end to that in 2k12 and make LeBron atleast guardable this year. It wasn't even fun to play with him. He was too dominant.
atlwarrior

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 am

When I played the Heat, Dwayne Wade and LeBron took over in 2k11, LOL, But not all players did that, not even Melo did that. . .Might be harder to win against superstar teams, which is a good thing, I just hope the clutch isn't too unrealistic, like them always hitting game winning shots LOL
ThaLiveKing

Postby atlwarrior on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah man. I can't forget about Wade either and his abilty to make all kinds of fadeaways. To make matters worse, Chris Bosh was deadly with that 15 footer. He couldnt miss at times. Even if you put a hard foul on him. I hated that play the CPU ran for him.
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 pm

atlwarya9 wrote:Already cant wait. They keep bringing out good quality basketball games then who needs another basketball title. I hate to say but I did not miss having a second NBA title one bit.

I still find Isomotion clumsy and awkward at times, so I'm still hoping EA can get their act together and bounce back next year. It doesn't look like 2K needs another title on the market to keep pushing themselves to improve and innovate, but as a consumer I'd rather have the option. In the meantime, I hope they continue to improve Isomotion and bring back the option to perform the basic moves with a face button, for those of us without years of experience with the controls.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 am

They could at least give pc users the ability to use the right stick for dribbling as an option, like they gave done before on the consoles.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah, that'd be a nice option to have as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 am

Isomotion was frustrating at times. Sometimes forcing me backcourt or out of bounds. But I do think theyre working on improving the isomotion controls. I want them to bring the player speed slider too so it won't only be in association mode. It really helped up the pace of the game and dribbling but you can only tamper with it in association mode.
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 am

The stick sensitivity is something I've found difficult to get used to in NBA 2K11. I see what they're going for with the "feathering" controls but the tendency is to move the left stick fully in the direction you want to move unless you specifically want to walk/step, especially when you're trying to sprint to a spot or beat someone up court. As such, I often find myself a bit out of control.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K12