List of Texture Names in the Global.iff

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K11.

Re: List of Texture Names in the Global.iff

Postby gogadantes on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi, I have a question, what's the file name that controls the brightness of the players in Blacktop mode?

Because I just downloaded and installed Abin's 4.0 global, and though it's clearly superior than the default global in every other way, I noticed that when I play a Blacktop game, the players are so much darker than with the default global. So I'm thinking of replacing whatever file it is that controls THAT with the default global's. Only thing is, I don't know which one that is. I tried exporting the overlay-blacktop_01 file with ModTool, but apparently it's a 3D model file, so I'm not sure it's the right one. Does anyone know?
gogadantes

Postby gogadantes on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:35 am

...Anyone? what about you gOry? you're Indonesian, right? Kan orang Indonesia baik-baik dan rajin menolong semuanya, tolongin dong bos:)
gogadantes

Postby kittles7 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

does anyone know what id would have to be replaced in global.iff if we wanted to make custom replay swipe logos? i scrolled through global.iff and couldn't seem to find it. also, do you know where in global.iff the small logo on replays is or where is the 2K logo that appears in the top left corner with the teams that are playing when you start a game?

i've seen other 2K logos in there but maybe it's the wrong 2K logo because replacing them doesn't seem to change these logos in the game. I'd like to make a custom logo for the replay swipes especially, but i can't seem to find where that is located in global.iff.
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 am

i dont think that one is in the global

check out frontend_sync, overlay...... files, gamedata.iff, and even the gooey_global iff files
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kittles7 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am

^well i think they are in global.iff because when i replace just global.iff with global.iff's that modders release, these things change. but when i go into mod tool, i can't seem to find them. there are a lot of blank ids in there, where i can't export the DDS. maybe it's my version of mod tool that isn't displaying all the textures / dds files. could that be it?
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 pm

nope, all the mod tool versions display the same stuff

but your easiest bet is to open both your modded global with the changes, and the default global file with 2 instances of the mod tool and just compare texture by texture
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kittles7 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:38 pm

^yeah that's what i did, i went texture by texture comparing mutliple globals and couldn't find any of these logos. these are logos that appear in the game and change when you use switch globals. i even exported a bunch of dds files that didn't display correctly in mod tool (you know how sometimes dds files appear glitchy in mod tool) just to see if maybe those were them. maybe i'll take a look at the original global.iff that came with the game. i think many people would like to make their own replay swipes and logos, so hopefully we can figure out where those textures can be found in global.iff so we could know what dds compression and size it would need and what not.
kittles7

Postby kittles7 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:01 pm

JaoSming wrote:i dont think that one is in the global

check out frontend_sync, overlay...... files, gamedata.iff, and even the gooey_global iff files

i checked frontend.iff, frontend_sync.iff, all the overaly iffs and couldn't find any logos in there. i went through the original global.iff and the only logos i found were at 157, the 3D picture of the 2K logo, and the small 2K logo at 732 and 806. That small 2K logo doesn't seem to change the logo at the start of the game when the teams come up or for the replay swipes. i didn't find it in gooey_global.iff either. in gamedata.iff there are a few logos. i'm not sure if those are them but i could check. if that's them, then i didn't know why these logos were in other global.iff's, especially since i couldn't find those logos in any of the global.iff's including the original global.iff. can you put things from gamedata.iff in global.iff or something?
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 pm

no you cant put things from other files in the global

try going through the global file with the jersey editor and the nba 2k9 iff editor beta. See if those come up with any textures you didnt see with the mod tool.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kittles7 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:21 am

yeah i've tried the jersey editor and the nba2k9 iff editor and i've been unable to view the textures in those programs when opening global.iff. are you able to find these textures in global.iff? when you open up global.iff in mod tool, is there a texture that you can export in every id or are some of them blank?
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:32 am

some are blank or are 3d models
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kittles7 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:30 am

yeah same. can you find the replay swipes texture or the replay logo in global.iff? hopefully we can find where these things are so we can make our own replay swipes and things of that nature.
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 am

im not exactly sure what you are looking for, get you get a video or a screen of what you want to change?

and you might want to check out overlay_wipes_static and overlay_wipes_set
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kittles7 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:26 am

it's the swipe logos that appear during the game. like when a player is about to shoot a foul shot and you press a button to skip right ahead to the shot, there's a logo that flashes on the screen to signal the transition. By default it's 2K. and how bout when there is a highlight and it shows a replay. there's a logo that flashes as it transitions to replay. and how bout the sprite slam cam logo when there's a big dunk? where is that logo? those are mainly what i am trying to find so we can make some custom mods for 2K11.
kittles7

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm

well the sprite one is probably wipe_sprite_slam

the team ones are taken from the logo###.iff files from the jerseys tab in the roster

and i dont know about the 2k one
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ehlomint on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:33 pm

When I load global.iff into Modtool it only goes up to 933, yet this list shows up to 1080. What am I missing here? Thanks.
ehlomint

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:07 pm

the additional stuff is actually cut off, there is a lot more. Those aren't texture but rather modifiers for the game. I'm trying to figure out if around there is where "shadowmods" are created
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11 Tutorials & FAQs