All Time Franchise Face Off

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: All Time Franchise Face Off *Major Update Released*

Postby StormsWarning on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:20 pm

INDEED wrote:copy paste everything in your programs files\nba dir, then copy the ff2.ros to your user/appdata/nba2k saves folder

thats what i did, and its beautiful!

diggin the b&w legend portraits

nate

ty bro (Y)
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby wolfbeard on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am

HAWK23 wrote:just wanted to let you know this is my favorite mod... excellent job.... very detailed

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

nbagnome wrote:Dunno if these players are problems with others but P.Westfall & J.Mullins both look really messed up. Personally I'd drop Ralph Sampson's weight/body size also...looks way too bulky.

Jeff Mullins should look fine now. That's as skinny as Sampson gets.
Last edited by wolfbeard on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfbeard

Postby nbagnome on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 am

Mullins, Sampson, and Barkley look great! Issues I've seen...Paul Westfall still messed up, R.Blackman's arms, Young Shaq is announced as Jermaine Oneal, Sam Jones missing head

Is it possible to wipe career stats with the REDitor? I didn't see the option.

Also this mod screams for historic courts...do you have a favorite source yet? I've tried in the past but they crashed my game and I had to reinstall.
nbagnome

Postby Tommyhtc on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

nbagnome wrote:Mullins, Sampson, and Barkley look great! Issues I've seen...Paul Westfall still messed up, R.Blackman's arms, Young Shaq is announced as Jermaine Oneal, Sam Jones missing head

Is it possible to wipe career stats with the REDitor? I didn't see the option.

Also this mod screams for historic courts...do you have a favorite source yet? I've tried in the past but they crashed my game and I had to reinstall.

yeah, rolando blackman's arms are messed up because I released the wrong CF file in my fix,
the correct png number of rolando blackman is 1486, not 1468 =_=
Tommyhtc

Postby isn64 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I enjoy this mod!
a notice: Lenny Wilkens should be instead of L.Wilkins, Abdul-Jabbar instead of Abdul-jabbar.
why G.Mikan's rating is so small - 66 ?
isn64

Postby SpriteAlpha on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 pm

I've noticed in the latest update, there's a file which replaces an older 2K11 file - ux024.iff Maybe this should be renamed? (And re-referenced in the roster file of course.)
SpriteAlpha

Postby wolfbeard on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 am

isn64 wrote:I enjoy this mod!
a notice: Lenny Wilkens should be instead of L.Wilkins, Abdul-Jabbar instead of Abdul-jabbar.
why G.Mikan's rating is so small - 66 ?

You are right about the spelling of the names. I have seen Abdul-Jabbar capalized both ways, but more often it is with the J capitalized, and that is how Kareem himself spells it on his website. Good catch. Both names are editable though, so you can easily correct them.

When you watch George Mikan on film, break down the stats and read contemporaries talking about his game, it's pretty clear he didn't have a modern skill set. He was tough and strong, but he was also lumbering and slow, with his main weapon being his superior size. In the modern game he would simply have no advantages.
wolfbeard

Postby Tommyhtc on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 am

I was playing with the suns team of your mod today,
I think you gave Paul Westphal the wrong skin and cyberface,
you gave him a brownish color instead of white
do you have the correct Paul westphal cf?
Tommyhtc

Postby wolfbeard on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:56 am

Tommyhtc wrote:I was playing with the suns team of your mod today,
I think you gave Paul Westphal the wrong skin and cyberface,
you gave him a brownish color instead of white
do you have the correct Paul westphal cf?

Yeah, his CF was just a placeholder until I get his face finished. He got pushed to the back burner when I moved on to other projects, but if I get some free time I'll see if I can fix him.
wolfbeard

Re: All Time Franchise Face Off

Postby Fifedawg on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:43 am

Any word on the Westphal Cyber?
Fifedawg

Postby wolfbeard on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Fifedawg wrote:Any word on the Westphal Cyber?

Nah, unfortunately. I've been working on the retro teams and haven't had any free time to get him finished.
wolfbeard

Postby Tommyhtc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 pm

wolfbeard wrote:
Fifedawg wrote:Any word on the Westphal Cyber?

Nah, unfortunately. I've been working on the retro teams and haven't had any free time to get him finished.

no rush man, it's just paul westphal lol, it's not like he was some superstar that we've missed.
Tommyhtc

Postby lithium3 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey, I'm really trying to use these characters - but beyond just downloading both franchise face-off roster files onto my USB,

How do I actually get them onto my game?? (ps3)
Can you give a brief step-by-step? I'm just unfamiliar with using data outside of 2k/EA share

Thanks for considering, and keep up the good work!
lithium3

Postby wolfbeard on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 am

lithium3 wrote:Hey, I'm really trying to use these characters - but beyond just downloading both franchise face-off roster files onto my USB,

How do I actually get them onto my game?? (ps3)
Can you give a brief step-by-step? I'm just unfamiliar with using data outside of 2k/EA share

Thanks for considering, and keep up the good work!

You can't use this on consoles.
wolfbeard

Postby KCRoyals on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:08 am

This is a great roster set. It is why I also bought the pc version of NBA 2K11. I have been adding players to teams. Last night I added C Sam Lacy to the Kings and G Archie Clark to the Wizards. Below is a list of players I am thinking about adding to the Franchise Faceoff roster.

Clippers -- PG Ernie Digregorio, G Randy Smith, SF Jim McMillan, PF Garfield Heard
Pacers -- C Mel Daniels, SF Roger Brown, G Freddie Lewis
Cavs -- G Austin Carr, SF Bingo Smith, SF Campy Russell, C Jim Chones, PF Jim Brewer
Spurs -- G James Silas
This is just a partial list. I enyoy using some of the really old time players. I will also try to add some of the old ABA players

Thanks,

KCRoyals
KCRoyals

Postby wolfbeard on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 am

KCRoyals wrote:This is a great roster set. It is why I also bought the pc version of NBA 2K11. I have been adding players to teams. Last night I added C Sam Lacy to the Kings and G Archie Clark to the Wizards. Below is a list of players I am thinking about adding to the Franchise Faceoff roster.

Clippers -- PG Ernie Digregorio, G Randy Smith, SF Jim McMillan, PF Garfield Heard
Pacers -- C Mel Daniels, SF Roger Brown, G Freddie Lewis
Cavs -- G Austin Carr, SF Bingo Smith, SF Campy Russell, C Jim Chones, PF Jim Brewer
Spurs -- G James Silas
This is just a partial list. I enyoy using some of the really old time players. I will also try to add some of the old ABA players

Thanks,

KCRoyals

Sounds good. Are you doing cyber faces for them or just using created players?
wolfbeard

Postby KCRoyals on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:18 am

:bowdown2: Just creating players. Altering the faces a little bit so everyone does not look the same. I have a couple of rosters like this loaded on the xbox 360. I am going to try to use those ratings for the pc roster additions. It will go much faster that way. I just need to find time to sit down in fornt of the the xbox screen with my laptop. I may not really get into this until Saturday morining.

Thanks for the great work you put into this project.

KCRoyals
Last edited by KCRoyals on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCRoyals

Postby KCRoyals on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:22 pm

The roster list above is exactly what I would love to see in a roster set. I think the only player missing would be Ernie DiGregorio PG for the Clippers/Braves.

KCRoyals
KCRoyals

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 am

Hawk23, your list looks like the roster I made for NBA Live in the past. You included players that played in the 40's, 50's and 60's. Plus not all were all stars. And you included ABA players. There was an NBA before M.J.
Bassman58

Postby wolfbeard on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:39 am

Hawk23,

1. Thanks, man.

2. Yes, but I'm not making it so multiple players wear the same number. I don't think it's realistic, but of course if you want you could change them in REDitor yourself.

3. I gave both Love and Van Lier consideration but I don't have CFs for them. Also, I don't think Van Lier would make it because he wouldn't be needed. He was a better overall player than Kerr but Kerr gives them a much needed deep threat and clutch free throw shooting at the end of games.

4. It's possible.

5. I have added great coaches, Phil Jackson to the Bulls, Pat Riley to the lakers, etc. If I have a future update they will be included.

6. I like the idea of including some older players, and that's a pretty comprehensive list you have there. However, I purposely skewed this to more recent players for reality purposes. Does anyone honestly think players from the 40's and 50's would be successful in the modern game? Let's take a look at Carl Braun as an example. He had a slow set shot, with a career shooting percentage in the 30s, and that was in an era with unsophisticated D and virtually no modern athleticism. He would get his lunch handed to him by modern guys in the D-league, let alone all time all stars. So yes, there was an NBA before MJs time, but not all eras are created equal.

Also, if I had it my way, then many more players would have been included, but I don't have CFs for all those older players. If anyone would like to take the time to make CFs for some of those old school role players then I will take the time to give them ratings and tendencies and include them in an update.
wolfbeard

Postby Fifedawg on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Hey Wolfbeard, do you mind if I continue on with this project?
Fifedawg

Postby Sman21 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Is their a list of all players in this mod?
I like to put a few of my favourite alltime players into the current rosters.
An put them in free agents list to be picked up by any team in my association.
That way im playing current day NBA but get to play against an see some of my all time faves.
Sman21

Postby wolfbeard on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

Fifedawg wrote:Hey Wolfbeard, do you mind if I continue on with this project?

What do you have in mind?

Sman21 wrote:Is their a list of all players in this mod?
I like to put a few of my favourite alltime players into the current rosters.
An put them in free agents list to be picked up by any team in my association.
That way im playing current day NBA but get to play against an see some of my all time faves.

Nah, I don't have a complete list of every player, but you could certainly go through and cherry pick the players you want.
wolfbeard

Postby Sman21 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 am

I forgot i could just easily use reditor an search for names to see if there in there

(Y) thx for all the hardwork on this mod
Sman21

Postby Fifedawg on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 pm

I want to add more players and portraits. I'll be seeking help from others on more cf's.
Fifedawg

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding