2K11 Remastered v0.3 [RELEASED]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Converted 2K12 Models and Stadium Edits Previews - HELP NEEDED]

Postby Culture Games on Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
Culture Games wrote:I would be interested in getting it to work. How was soundtrack modded on 2k9 and 2k10? I see there are modded soundtracks but no info on how it was done at the time.

I never modded or even owned those games so I wouldn't know, sorry about that.

No problem. If anyone knows it would not only help us mod those soundtracks again, but 2k11 as well.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Re: 2K11 Remastered [Converted 2K12 Models and Stadium Edits Previews - HELP NEEDED]

Postby Culture Games on Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
Culture Games wrote:I would be interested in getting it to work. How was soundtrack modded on 2k9 and 2k10? I see there are modded soundtracks but no info on how it was done at the time.

I never modded or even owned those games so I wouldn't know, sorry about that.

No problem. If anyone knows it would not only help us mod those soundtracks again, but 2k11 as well.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu May 25, 2023 11:39 am

I was briefly playing around with the signature animation changes I did, and I found some potentially good options for some of the players.

Larry Bird: John Stockton free-throw (it's the closest to how Bird shot free-throws in real life, and the generic animation doesn't really suit him well)
Magic Johnson: Rajon Rondo layups (gather animations look good on Magic)
Shawn Kemp: Oak jumpshot, Smooth free-throw, and Shawn Kemp dunk package (for some reason Kemp does not have his dunk package assigned to him by default, instead it's Athletic Guard)
RayRay_953

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri May 26, 2023 1:47 am

RayRay_953 wrote:I was briefly playing around with the signature animation changes I did, and I found some potentially good options for some of the players.

Larry Bird: John Stockton free-throw (it's the closest to how Bird shot free-throws in real life, and the generic animation doesn't really suit him well)
Magic Johnson: Rajon Rondo layups (gather animations look good on Magic)
Shawn Kemp: Oak jumpshot, Smooth free-throw, and Shawn Kemp dunk package (for some reason Kemp does not have his dunk package assigned to him by default, instead it's Athletic Guard)

Thank you, those signatures definitely look much better.

Weird how Kemp doesn't have his own dunk package. Maybe its because 2K wanted him to a be a little less athletic for that point in his career? It's strange none the less.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri May 26, 2023 3:54 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Thank you, those signatures definitely look much better.

Weird how Kemp doesn't have his own dunk package. Maybe its because 2K wanted him to a be a little less athletic for that point in his career? It's strange none the less.

Thanks, and you're welcome! 2K11 has a lot of great animations (the post-game alone is much more in-depth than 2K23) so the legends could definitely use some updated signatures. I'm thinking of looking back at the roster file once you're finished with it and making some adjustments. Some of the signatures that could be modified off the top of my head include:

- Robert Parish's wildly inconsistent signatures and tendencies between the '86 Celtics and '97 Bulls
- George Gervin having Michael Jordan's dunk package
- Many players using the generic free-throw animation
RayRay_953

Postby Murat on Mon May 29, 2023 8:46 pm

Very nice, I look forward to this. 2K11 is my all-time favorite and MyPlayer was fun to play.

only one thing, the 1991 Lakers away jersey uniform numbers have wrong colors

otherwise, a lot of beautiful work here
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue May 30, 2023 12:52 am

AMAZING STUFF

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Murat wrote:Very nice, I look forward to this. 2K11 is my all-time favorite and MyPlayer was fun to play.

only one thing, the 1991 Lakers away jersey uniform numbers have wrong colors

otherwise, a lot of beautiful work here

Yeah me too, there's something about its simplicity that makes me keep coming back to this game. It's also the only 2K game that absolutely nailed how Jordan plays and looks.

For the Lakers away numbers, funny you found it :lol: I changed it not long after I posted those previews, just didn't think anyone would notice, great attention to detail (Y)
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered [v0.1 PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:42 pm

'90-'91 & '91-'92 Chicago Stadium:

Regular Scoretables:

Regular Baseline Tables:

Regular Basket:

Regular Benches:

Jordan Challenge Scoretables:

'90-91 Bulls - Jordan Challenge Baseline Table:

Jordan Challenge Stanchions:

Jordan Challenge Benches:

Sideline Table:

Banners:

Ads & Signs:

Scorecube Ads:

'90-'91 Great Western Forum:

Regular/Jordan Challenge Scoretables:

Regular/Jordan Challenge Benches:

Regular/Jordan Challenge Stanchions:

Regular Basket:

Scorecube Ads:

GW Forum Sign:

'85-'86 Boston Garden:

Scoretable:

Basket:

Sideline Table:

Ads & Flags:

Banners:

Stadium View:

Heat - Uniform/Team/Court:

Practice Home / Away:

Home / Away:

Alternate / Latin Nights:

Retro 1 Home / Away / Alternate:

Warmups Home / Away

Court:

Mop Boy:

Crowd:

Other Updates:

All Completed 2011 Teams - Seat Cover:

All Completed 2011 Teams - Finals Basket Padding / Seat Cover:

All Completed 2011 Teams - Improved Stanchions w/ Playoff Decals:

All Completed 2011 Teams - Court Playoff Decals:

Bulls - Two-Color Stanchion:

Banner Updates:

All Classic Teams - Real Coaches / Assistant Coaches:
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:12 pm

So I have a lot to preview this time around. Finished '86 Boston Garden, '91 Forum, and '90-'92 Chicago Stadium with regular and Jordan challenge versions. Was really limited when it came to editing the models, and had to find a lot of workarounds to get stuff working, but in the end they came out quite well.

I will have 2 different roster files, one for regular play, another for the Jordan Challenges. The only difference it will have is the stadium/floor files they use. I've also finished the Heat artwork, and went back over all the completed 2011 teams to improve their baskets/stanchions/benches, and to create playoffs/finals versions of their arenas. I was thinking of creating some sort of script that would automatically transfer the files whenever the user wants, but I might be getting a bit ahead of myself.

I've created all the portraits for the classic teams, which honestly probably took the longest out of everything. The pure monotony that is involved with portrait editing is something else, but I won't ever have to touch it again so at least there's that. I also gave the classic teams their real coaches/assistant coaches with portraits. I'm not sure if the ratings they've been given are very accurate but I left most of them as 2K had them.

Lastly, I'm hoping to release v0.1 of this mod either today or tomorrow. It's been almost a year since I started this project and I still feel like I have so much to do with it. It's really starting to become toxic for me, so if I can get something out there, then at least I can say that it wasn't for nothing.

v0.1 will include:
- Completed uniforms (w/ warmups), team files, courts, stadiums, and logos for all the Classic Teams, 76ers, Bobcats, Bucks, Bulls, Cavaliers, Celtics, Hawks, Heat, and Knicks
- Alby's Realistic Roster v7 with filled out players for the classic teams, mostly with accurate cyberfaces, portraits, ratings, tendencies, and shoes
- Completed '85-'86 Boston Garden, '90-'91 Great Western Forum, '90-'92 Chicago Stadium with Regular/Jordan Challenge Versions
- Upscaled NBA Ball
- Converted 2K12 Classic Uniform Models
- Retextured Referee Uniform
- Playoffs / Conference Finals / Finals versions of the completed 2011 team's courts/stadiums

P.S Here's a nice addition to the mod that I think someone requested back when I first started. Took awhile but here they are:

Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby BPDHoplite on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:45 am

Amazing stuff
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby RMJH4 on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:51 am

Incredible work!! So excited to see any versions of this released!! :bowdown:
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2K11 Remastered [v0.1 RELEASED]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:20 pm

2K11 Remastered v0.1 released (Y) I might take a small break from this project for a while, but hopefully not too long.

Some notes:
- To use the 2K12 converted classic uniform models, change your 'Player' video settings to Medium.

- The shoes for the "non-completed" 2011 teams are missing from the download, which means a lot of the players on the Roster are missing personal shoes. You could download the missing shoes from the link below, but I have made a lot of texture changes/fixes to the shoes of the completed 2011 teams. It's up to you whether or not to replace them:
https://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtop ... 36&t=75887

Lastly, in all my years of modding I've never really asked for donations, in many cases I've turned down offers for them. But I've dedicated quite a bit of time into this project, so if there's anyone who downloads it, and would like to donate to me, I'd really appreciate it:

https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:59 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:2K11 Remastered v0.1 released (Y) I might take a small break from this project for a while, but hopefully not too long.

Some notes:
- To use the 2K12 converted classic uniform models, change your 'Player' video settings to Medium.

- The shoes for the "non-completed" 2011 teams are missing from the download, which means a lot of the players on the Roster are missing personal shoes. You could download the missing shoes from the link below, but I have made a lot of texture changes/fixes to the shoes of the completed 2011 teams. It's up to you whether or not to replace them:
https://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtop ... 36&t=75887

Lastly, in all my years of modding I've never really asked for donations, in many cases I've turned down offers for them. But I've dedicated quite a bit of time into this project, so if there's anyone who downloads it, and would like to donate to me, I'd really appreciate it:

https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT

AWESOME! Going to definitely give this a try since 2K11 gameplay still holds up today. Is there a way I can modify the Jordan Challenge roster without it becoming incompatible with the mode? I found some more signatures that could be updated.
RayRay_953

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:54 am

RayRay_953 wrote:AWESOME! Going to definitely give this a try since 2K11 gameplay still holds up today. Is there a way I can modify the Jordan Challenge roster without it becoming incompatible with the mode? I found some more signatures that could be updated.

Thats great! I'd love to hear some more suggestions for signatures. Both rosters should be compatible with the mode at the moment.

The things that usually breaks the roster is when you change players IDs, or the rotations/minutes of players. I had a few problems with making Ostertag the starting center for the '97 Jazz, but I was able to circumvent it by giving him Adam Keefes Audio ID. I guess the game checks that and makes sure the player with it is assigned more than 30+ minutes. Luckily the announcers still call him Ostertag so it works perfectly. Other than that, everything else should be fair game.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:10 am

Thank you and CONGRATS on this release
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:26 am

For a quick animation suggestion, you can use Marc Gasol's free-throw for Kevin McHale. He shoots the ball over his head and doesn't bend his knees.

Also for an overlooked error in 2K's part, Toni Kukoc has the wrong eye color. Kukoc had dark brown eyes until 2K finally gave him the correct eye color in 2K23.
RayRay_953

Re: 2K11 Remastered v0.1 [MyPlayer & Global Edits/2K12 CFs/More 2011 Teams PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:14 am

Hey there, I have quite a lot of previews to share for my next update. I'm trying to take a faster editing approach to things in the game, as I find the monotonous team-by-team editing extremely tiring. I've decided to leave out the team file/retro uniforms for the remaining 2011 teams, and hopefully do them in the future. For now I'm only going to do the uniforms they wore that season, and their courts/stadiums. So far I've finished the Clippers, Grizzlies, Hornets, Jazz, and the Kings for that. Only doing that for now makes it a lot faster to mod, which is important because I really want to get to a point where you can play any team and they will all have the same base level of art consistency.

Also, I discovered how to make it so conference finals logos show up automatically on stanchions, so I'm no longer doing conference finals/playoffs versions of stadiums. It's not really worth it when the only difference between them is a single texture, I will still do the Finals versions though as they have more than that.

I've converted some 2K12/2K13 cyberfaces that I think are much better. It's kind of crazy to go back and see just how many players got new cyberfaces for 2K12, and that was before they used any face-scanning technology. It's funny what could be done when all their artists aren't being solely dedicated to miscellaneous non-basketball shit :lol:

I also started working on my own global, with the main focus being to not change things like shadows/sweat/player models/etc. I want to keep the same look of the game and only really update accessories and some miscellaneous things. For instance fixing the infamous removal of socks when wearing calf sleeves, making materials better match upscaled textures, and lastly improving the suit models worn by players/coaches. I've opened the jacket, made it tighter, and dumbed down the textures to make it look more modern. The only problem is there just wasn't enough vertices to work with to extend the shirt downwards, so no matter what way I model it, the skeleton of the model just forces it to clip through the jacket depending on the animation being used. Still, it looks much better than the original.

Lastly, I've finished all the MyPlayer artwork for the Draft Combine and Summer League. I'll be honest, I always thought "Attack Athletics" was just some generic gym 2K made up for MyPlayer, but apparently it's actually where the Draft Combine was held back then. Pretty cool that they had a fully licensed gym for only a couple of games. The Summer League (or Summer Circuit) is a different story, I edited it with the Las Vegas Cox Pavilion in mind, but it's really only the court and the colors being used. Regardless, enjoy some previews of everything so far:

Draft Combine Uniforms:

Attack Athletics Gym:

Summer League Gym:

Global Edits:

Suit Models:

Accessories:

Arms/Elbows:

Legs/Knees:

Socks:

Converted 2K12/2K13 CFs:

Clippers Uniforms/Court/Stadium:

Grizzlies Uniforms/Court/Stadium:

Hornets Uniforms/Court/Stadium:

Jazz Uniforms/Court/Stadium:

Kings Uniforms/Court/Stadium:
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered v0.1 [MyPlayer & Global Edits/2K12 CFs/More 2011 Teams PREVIEWS]

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:44 am

It's crazy to see how much the faces improved in only one game (and how some players looked completely off in vanilla 2K11). Also from what I've noticed from your screenshots is that 2K11 defaults to the primary logos in the center court as opposed to the actual ones used. From what I remember, all international versions of the game (including the US Steam release) used those logos which ruined some modded courts which used the old texture method. Good to see those fixed.
RayRay_953

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:15 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:It's crazy to see how much the faces improved in only one game (and how some players looked completely off in vanilla 2K11). Also from what I've noticed from your screenshots is that 2K11 defaults to the primary logos in the center court as opposed to the actual ones used. From what I remember, all international versions of the game (including the US Steam release) used those logos which ruined some modded courts which used the old texture method. Good to see those fixed.

Yup, 2K12 kinda took a step back graphically but it at least brought a lot of great new artwork to the game, especially in the faces. 2K11 uses a lot of shabby 2K10 ports and probably ones older than that. I've been comparing 2K11/2K12 files and noticed how they started scaling down texture sizes, especially in stadiums. I never played 2K11 on console so I wouldn't know for sure if it performed worse, but maybe that's why they took a step back.

Also for the upscaling that I'm doing with uniforms, the texture sizes aren't very good. I could go crazy with 4K textures if I really wanted but the workload on that is too much, so x2 scale is more than enough for me. Plus, they would really stick out compared to everything else in the game.

With the center court logo thing, it's bothered me for years so I changed the floor IDs of those teams just in case anyone else has that problem. I think its only for the Bobcats, Hornets, Jazz, Raptors, and Suns. Pretty weird that it was only those teams, as you'd think 2K would have the rights to use every team logo. In those cases though, it seems like it was always the use of the "alternate" team logo.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Murat on Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:27 pm

do you remember if these were compatible with NBA 2K12?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:27 pm

Murat wrote:do you remember if these were compatible with NBA 2K12?

Most 2K11 files are not compatible with 2K12. You can obviously manually import and export textures to the 2K12 file equivalent, but a straight file copy paste will not work. The only files that work from my experience are shoe files.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered v0.1 [Lakers/Magic/Mavs/Nets & More Cyberfaces PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:52 pm

Hello again, some more 2011 team updates to preview. I've got the Lakers/Magic/Mavs & Nets finished, and also converted/updated quite a few cyberfaces. A cool one is 2K12 Dwight Howard using BBMYLove's Adidas arm sleeves. Lastly I went back and fixed all the normal maps of the courts, so they should match the one-court textures a lot better now.

Lakers Uniform/Court/Stadium:

Magic Uniform/Court/Stadium:

Mavericks Uniform/Court/Stadium:

Nets Uniform/Court/Stadium:

Converted/Updated Cyberfaces:
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: 2K11 Remastered v0.1 [Lakers/Magic/Mavs/Nets & More Cyberfaces PREVIEWS]

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:09 am

I have some more signatures to suggest:

Gary Payton: Jumpshot - Wide
Steve Kerr*: Jumpshot - Marvin Williams, Free-throw: Profess
*First clone Kerr's signatures from the '89-'90 Cavaliers to every time he's on the Bulls since he has inconsistent signatures like Robert Parish

George Gervin: Jumpshot - Eric Gordon, Free-throw: Bulldog
Scottie Pippen: Jumpshot - Jason Richardson

Also, some player tendencies could probably use an update, especially the defense tendencies. Craig Ehlo for example has an extremely low shot contest tendency, which doesn't fit his reputation for being one of the better perimeter defenders at the time
RayRay_953

Re: 2K11 Remastered v0.1 [Nuggets PREVIEWS]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:58 am

RayRay_953 wrote:I have some more signatures to suggest:

Gary Payton: Jumpshot - Wide
Steve Kerr*: Jumpshot - Marvin Williams, Free-throw: Profess
*First clone Kerr's signatures from the '89-'90 Cavaliers to every time he's on the Bulls since he has inconsistent signatures like Robert Parish

George Gervin: Jumpshot - Eric Gordon, Free-throw: Bulldog
Scottie Pippen: Jumpshot - Jason Richardson

Also, some player tendencies could probably use an update, especially the defense tendencies. Craig Ehlo for example has an extremely low shot contest tendency, which doesn't fit his reputation for being one of the better perimeter defenders at the time

Thank you for those suggestions, I gave Ehlo a shot contest of 65 as I don't know if giving a higher value would make him jump on every pump fake or not. I also think it makes sense for '97 Parish to have different signatures after a decade, so I left him the way he is for now but I can always change him again later. For now I don't think I'm going to go near tendency editing but if you would like to, you can send me a version of the roster with any tendency updates you think should be incorporated and I'll copy them over to the roster I'm editing. Completely up to you, it's just I would rather not delve into that side of roster editing as I'm trying to focus more on the artwork.

Lastly, here is some Nuggets previews. I always found it strange how the collar of their main uniforms was ignored by the 2K devs until like 2K14, as it's arguably the most inaccurate out of all the 2011 teams. Regardless, I've fixed it and updated several of the team's cyberfaces too:

Nuggets Uniforms/Court/Stadium Previews

Nuggets Updated Cyberfaces
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding