[Request] 2010-11 mods

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[Request] 2010-11 mods

Postby Ermolli on Wed May 27, 2020 5:01 am

Hello. I'm interested in getting mods from the 2010-2011 season for NBA 2K11: rosters, jerseys, courts, etc. I've been searching on this subforum but what I've seen it's from other seasons, on the download section I've found the Enhancement Pack but since it was released mid 2012 I'm not sure it applies to what I'm looking for.

I appreciate some guidance in this request. I know that it didn't have much modding work since I've read Andrew's article about games with untapped modding potential but I guess it's worth asking.

Thanks in advance.
Ermolli

Re: [Request] 2010-11 mods

Postby Culture Games on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:23 am

I'm looking for this also. Many of the links for the 2011, 2012 roster updates are dead. Kova did some great work. Surely someone has a folder with it.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Ermolli on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 am

Lady Culture wrote:I'm looking for this also. Many of the links for the 2011, 2012 roster updates are dead. Kova did some great work. Surely someone has a folder with it.

Thanks to JuicyShaqMeat I found several stuff on ModdingWay. There you can download Albys Realistic Roster V 7 Final(https://www.moddingway.com/file/10023.html), the problems is that there are many players with blank faces and I haven't found a working link for that. That's what's kept me from playing the game unfortunately.
Ermolli

Postby Culture Games on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:28 am

Ermolli wrote:
Lady Culture wrote:I'm looking for this also. Many of the links for the 2011, 2012 roster updates are dead. Kova did some great work. Surely someone has a folder with it.

Thanks to JuicyShaqMeat I found several stuff on ModdingWay. There you can download Albys Realistic Roster V 7 Final(https://www.moddingway.com/file/10023.html), the problems is that there are many players with blank faces and I haven't found a working link for that. That's what's kept me from playing the game unfortunately.

Exactly. You need the art files to go with a roster, otherwise it is useless
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Going back and enhancing the 2011 season - or indeed, eventually putting together some kind of UBR/URB-like project for NBA 2K11 - would be a cool idea. As always when it comes to such projects, time and resources are the issue, but it's worth floating the idea all the same.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Andrew wrote:Going back and enhancing the 2011 season - or indeed, eventually putting together some kind of UBR/URB-like project for NBA 2K11 - would be a cool idea. As always when it comes to such projects, time and resources are the issue, but it's worth floating the idea all the same.

All the work he is looking for was already done. There was work done on faces, portraits, jerseys, stadiums, shoes, everything for the 2011 season when the game came out. The links are just dead. Unless someone archived.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:08 am

Certainly recovering mods that were made at the time would be ideal, but I was referring to going back and remaking such mods in lieu of finding them. On top of that, a multi-season pack would be awesome too, but like I said, time and resources are the issue.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:25 am

Would it be a good idea to bring here the download files from other sites in order to preserve them in the future? I found some links from work posted here that the topics don't have available links. Would I have to ask for permission or since the creators posted here would it be ok? I wouldn't like to cause issues and I want to preserve great work done by the community in such a great game.
Ermolli

Postby MadbaLL on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:28 am

Andrew wrote:Going back and enhancing the 2011 season - or indeed, eventually putting together some kind of UBR/URB-like project for NBA 2K11 - would be a cool idea. As always when it comes to such projects, time and resources are the issue, but it's worth floating the idea all the same.

to be honest, with all due respect for all the mods great editors make here on nlsc, i only have interest in mods similar to urb/ubr.

it would be great if we could have at least some light or mini version of urb/ubr for nba 2k11.
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:38 am

Ermolli wrote:Would it be a good idea to bring here the download files from other sites in order to preserve them in the future? I found some links from work posted here that the topics don't have available links. Would I have to ask for permission or since the creators posted here would it be ok? I wouldn't like to cause issues and I want to preserve great work done by the community in such a great game.

We do want to archive files whenever we can, but it depends on the situation. Some people do only want to release their work through their own sites and social media channels, and other people have moved on from the community in less than amicable ways and want nothing to do with us (and that feeling is often mutual). In those situations, the respectful thing to do would be to leave that work alone and not re-upload it. Certainly if anyone is charging for their work, it shouldn't be uploaded here. While we don't condone, support, or allow that to happen, if people are going to do it elsewhere then that's their business, but their work shouldn't be posted, promoted, or uploaded in our community.

Basically it'd be something to be handled on a case-by-case basis, but if we have an opportunity to preserve files and there aren't any issues with it, then it's something we can do. However, as a general rule of thumb, when someone isn't around anymore, when they're not actively modding here or anywhere else and it's been years since they were a part of the basketball gaming/modding community, and we can track down lost releases, they're usually the things to upload with original credits. Conversely, when someone is still active but is choosing not to be a part of our community (or they've been shown the door after some incident), then we shouldn't upload their stuff here. As I said though, it's something to be handled on a case-by-case basis, so if there are ever any concerns then feel free to ask before proceeding.

MadbaLL wrote:

to be honest, with all due respect for all the mods great editors make here on nlsc, i only have interest in mods similar to urb/ubr.

it would be great if we could have at least some light or mini version of urb/ubr for nba 2k11.

I think it's something that would have to grow over time. I'd like to start by finishing my 2020 season roster and then see what can be done from there as a community. With less people actively modding NBA 2K11, the detail might not be there at first, but the framework would perhaps be there to build upon. We've got to remember that those projects have been around for a long time and have grown a lot over the years, so if we were to ever do something similar for NBA 2K11, it would be one step at a time, and possibly a case of doing what we can, and adding more detail later as assets are made. But we'll see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 am

Andrew wrote:
Ermolli wrote:Would it be a good idea to bring here the download files from other sites in order to preserve them in the future? I found some links from work posted here that the topics don't have available links. Would I have to ask for permission or since the creators posted here would it be ok? I wouldn't like to cause issues and I want to preserve great work done by the community in such a great game.

We do want to archive files whenever we can, but it depends on the situation. Some people do only want to release their work through their own sites and social media channels, and other people have moved on from the community in less than amicable ways and want nothing to do with us (and that feeling is often mutual). In those situations, the respectful thing to do would be to leave that work alone and not re-upload it. Certainly if anyone is charging for their work, it shouldn't be uploaded here. While we don't condone, support, or allow that to happen, if people are going to do it elsewhere then that's their business, but their work shouldn't be posted, promoted, or uploaded in our community.

Basically it'd be something to be handled on a case-by-case basis, but if we have an opportunity to preserve files and there aren't any issues with it, then it's something we can do. However, as a general rule of thumb, when someone isn't around anymore, when they're not actively modding here or anywhere else and it's been years since they were a part of the basketball gaming/modding community, and we can track down lost releases, they're usually the things to upload with original credits. Conversely, when someone is still active but is choosing not to be a part of our community (or they've been shown the door after some incident), then we shouldn't upload their stuff here. As I said though, it's something to be handled on a case-by-case basis, so if there are ever any concerns then feel free to ask before proceeding.

MadbaLL wrote:

I think it's something that would have to grow over time. I'd like to start by finishing my 2020 season roster and then see what can be done from there as a community. With less people actively modding NBA 2K11, the detail might not be there at first, but the framework would perhaps be there to build upon. We've got to remember that those projects have been around for a long time and have grown a lot over the years, so if we were to ever do something similar for NBA 2K11, it would be one step at a time, and possibly a case of doing what we can, and adding more detail later as assets are made. But we'll see.

With that said, do you still have the 2k12 real arena sounds mod? That is something even the original creator said they no longer have but wouldn't mind seeing reposted. The links are all dead. This was the first mod to add real arena sounds, as 2k12 was the first game where we were able to edit audio.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:23 pm

No, I don't anything archived for NBA 2K12.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadbaLL on Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:31 am

Andrew wrote:
MadbaLL wrote:

i truly hope so (Y)
MadbaLL

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding