Question about wanting CAP slots and unlockables in roster updates

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Is it important to have all CAP slots and the unlockable special players in current rosters?

Yes, both
25%
Yes, CAP slots
75%
Yes, unlockable players
No votes
No, I just want updated rosters
No votes

Total votes : 4

Question about wanting CAP slots and unlockables in roster updates

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:32 am

So now that I know how to blank out career stats using REDitor II, finishing up and future-proofing rosters for NBA 2K11 is going to be a lot easier. I'm still working to get my update done and out this month. After all, there's other things I'd like to do with NBA 2K11 given the time and opportunity, but finishing up the current roster is my priority.

However, now that overwriting any original player and removing their career stats is easily doable, I've been thinking. I've overwritten a lot of players I perhaps wouldn't normally overwrite, given the choice (including the developer teams). I've also used up all of the Create-a-Player slots, which means when the roster is released, the end user won't be able to create any players in-game. They can of course use REDitor II to overwrite players, but that might be too advanced for some people to want to bother with.

With that in mind, I'm interested to know: how important is it to have a current roster that you can create new players in, and would you miss having the developers and celebrities to use on the unlockable teams?

I'm going to finish the roster with the file I'm working on, but when it's all done and ship-shape, I'd consider importing the data into another roster where I'm overwriting unneeded retired players rather than the unlockable team players, and not using any of the CAP slots. Basically, a version that's more customisable for the user and preserves some original players. It's something I'd think about if it would suit general preferences regarding current rosters. If it's not an issue, then I'll scrap the idea and just keep building future updates off the file I'm currently working on.

Anyway, please vote in the poll if you feel so inclined, and feel free to let me know your feelings if you have any detailed thoughts on the matter!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Question about wanting CAP slots and unlockables in roster updates

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:59 pm

I think having 10-20 free create-a-player slots would be helpful for some, as people may want to create players newly signed (if that happens), or players from the upcoming draft. With Reditor being so easy to use, remaking (cloning) a player once created and making him not created, followed by deleting the original created player, would open up slots and be relatively easy to do.

That was a mouthful, only the modding community would know what the hell I am talking about.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Question about wanting CAP slots and unlockables in roster updates

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Appreciate the feedback and votes so far! I'll get the roster done as-is, then work on freeing up those CAP slots.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding