NLSC Current Roster for NBA 2K11: 2020 Season

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC Current Roster for NBA 2K11

Postby MadbaLL on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:27 am

Andrew wrote:Looks like there are quite a few assets that will help bring the game up to date, graphics-wise. I'll see what I can get done over the weekend in terms of the roster.

(Y) (Y) (Y)
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 am

That's not to say I'll have anything to release, but every journey starts with the first step, and all that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MadbaLL on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:24 am

Andrew wrote:That's not to say I'll have anything to release, but every journey starts with the first step, and all that.

of course mate, i'm just cheered up :wink:
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:01 am

I've been working on it so far this weekend. While there is a long way to go, I think I've devised a sound strategy for it.

So far, I've made sure all players who are still active are on their correct teams with their correct jersey numbers and positions. From there, I've started updating all of their years pro and ages. All players in NBA 2K11 who were in the league this season have updated years pro and ages as of the start of the 2018 season (as I'm finishing it first), and I'm currently working my way through the rest of the players. Some of them will remain free agents, though many will be removed from the active roster so they don't show up in Association, seeing as they're retired and all.

Once that's done, I'm going to take care of the active players first. As you can imagine, there aren't as many as there used to be, as there is a lot of turnover in the league over the course of seven years. A lot of teams only have a few players from 2011 on their roster, with a bunch of now-retired players and free agents currently filling roster spots until the new players are created. It does make this part of the update a little easier though, as there are less players to update. Basically I'll be updating ratings and so forth for the original players, to get them done and out of the way so I can then concentrate on creating the new players.

I'm currently thinking of creating all the necessary players in big batches, and not worrying about their ratings until they're all in the roster. That way, I can start releasing the placeholder players into free agency, and hide them in the database accordingly so they're not active. I'd then go back and fix up all the ratings for the newly added players, and maybe have a second look at some of the original players as well. I'd also assign face files, and start placing other art.

After that, I'd be doing things like updating the coaches, player contracts, team names/cities, the All-Star teams, the retro teams, and so forth. Basically the stuff that can wait until everything else is done. Once the 2018 season is done, I'll start on 2019. There will be another big job there in creating a new batch of rookies, updating player data for another year, and making further transactions, but it should be a lot quicker with many things already in place.

So, that's a basic overview of how I'm approaching it. It's difficult to say how long it's going to take, and I imagine adding all the players is going to be a long and tedious job (as it always is), but I think I've planned out the most efficient way of doing it. I don't know if I'll do any beta/demo/partial releases yet; I might leave that until I start working on the offseason rosters, since I can speed things up by only adding the rookies that have officially signed (and those that are likely to). Experience has taught me that adding all 60 Draftees right away is overkill. Anyway, I'll post further status updates when I have something of significance to report.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 am

Good luck, Andrew! Looking forward to this roster.
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby MadbaLL on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:33 am

Andrew wrote:I've been working on it so far this weekend. While there is a long way to go, I think I've devised a sound strategy for it.

So far, I've made sure all players who are still active are on their correct teams with their correct jersey numbers and positions. From there, I've started updating all of their years pro and ages. All players in NBA 2K11 who were in the league this season have updated years pro and ages as of the start of the 2018 season (as I'm finishing it first), and I'm currently working my way through the rest of the players. Some of them will remain free agents, though many will be removed from the active roster so they don't show up in Association, seeing as they're retired and all.

Once that's done, I'm going to take care of the active players first. As you can imagine, there aren't as many as there used to be, as there is a lot of turnover in the league over the course of seven years. A lot of teams only have a few players from 2011 on their roster, with a bunch of now-retired players and free agents currently filling roster spots until the new players are created. It does make this part of the update a little easier though, as there are less players to update. Basically I'll be updating ratings and so forth for the original players, to get them done and out of the way so I can then concentrate on creating the new players.

I'm currently thinking of creating all the necessary players in big batches, and not worrying about their ratings until they're all in the roster. That way, I can start releasing the placeholder players into free agency, and hide them in the database accordingly so they're not active. I'd then go back and fix up all the ratings for the newly added players, and maybe have a second look at some of the original players as well. I'd also assign face files, and start placing other art.

After that, I'd be doing things like updating the coaches, player contracts, team names/cities, the All-Star teams, the retro teams, and so forth. Basically the stuff that can wait until everything else is done. Once the 2018 season is done, I'll start on 2019. There will be another big job there in creating a new batch of rookies, updating player data for another year, and making further transactions, but it should be a lot quicker with many things already in place.

So, that's a basic overview of how I'm approaching it. It's difficult to say how long it's going to take, and I imagine adding all the players is going to be a long and tedious job (as it always is), but I think I've planned out the most efficient way of doing it. I don't know if I'll do any beta/demo/partial releases yet; I might leave that until I start working on the offseason rosters, since I can speed things up by only adding the rookies that have officially signed (and those that are likely to). Experience has taught me that adding all 60 Draftees right away is overkill. Anyway, I'll post further status updates when I have something of significance to report.

thanks for the heads up (Y)

of course, keep us informed ;)
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 am

Ages and years pro for original players have been updated. I've also removed injuries, and renamed a couple of players (Bill Walker to Henry Walker and Jeff Pendergraph to Jeff Ayres) as necessary. Next up will be ratings updates for active players, and deactivating retired players in the Free Agent pool.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 am

Andrew wrote:Ages and years pro for original players have been updated. I've also removed injuries, and renamed a couple of players (Bill Walker to Henry Walker and Jeff Pendergraph to Jeff Ayres) as necessary. Next up will be ratings updates for active players, and deactivating retired players in the Free Agent pool.

Great Work :D

I can do a logo, global and presentation update if you want like in my mod thread.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am

I've got a team logo update pack accurate as of the 2017 season, so a couple more team logo updates for 2018 and 2019 would be great. That's a higher priority than anything else in terms of artwork; getting logos, jerseys, and courts up to date.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:57 am

I didn't have a chance to do any ratings work today, but I did remember to fix up Amir Johnson and C.J. Miles' Years Pro through REDitor. Because both were drafted out of high school before the minimum age of 19 came into effect, even when increasing their age by seven years the maximum Years Pro they can be assigned in-game is a year short. So yes, I am paying attention to detail. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:21 am

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am

Very cool. Any chance you could take a look at team logos? As I said, getting the team artwork up to date would probably be the higher priority, though other presentation elements are nice to have on hand.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Andrew wrote:Very cool. Any chance you could take a look at team logos? As I said, getting the team artwork up to date would probably be the higher priority, though other presentation elements are nice to have on hand.

I haven't done it before on 2K11 but I'll give it a try today.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Sure thing, appreciate it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Here you go :D
Ive updated the G-League also and ill try and get the courts and arena done this week too.

NBA 2018-19 Team Logo Update

(Any idea whats up with the links on my thread yet?)

I wasn't able to edit and I don't think you can. Any mod tool just crashes or comes up with an error when you try to open it.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Thanks, they look great!

Which links aren't working? I thought you meant the actual download itself and it should definitely be working, as I downloaded the file earlier today.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Andrew wrote:Thanks, they look great!

Which links aren't working? I thought you meant the actual download itself and it should definitely be working, as I downloaded the file earlier today.

I meant that instead of showing the names for most of them it just shows the link for some reason, I don't know why

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm

Done. I just changed all the links to HTTPS rather than HTTP, and it seems to have re-parsed them. Not sure what happened there, but the Downloads section add-on we're using isn't infallible, so glitches can occur from time to time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Done. I just changed all the links to HTTPS rather than HTTP, and it seems to have re-parsed them. Not sure what happened there, but the Downloads section add-on we're using isn't infallible, so glitches can occur from time to time.

Thanks (Y)
You should consider joining my discord server.
It doesn't take anything away from the NLSC it is just for quickly sharing files, ideas and help. There's a few of us there already and a couple 2K11 guys although they have been inactive over the holidays.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 pm

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Looking good!

I was away last weekend and I've been busy so far this week, but I'm eager to get back to the rosters as soon as I can.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Andrew wrote:Looking good!

I was away last weekend and I've been busy so far this week, but I'm eager to get back to the rosters as soon as I can.

If someone can make the jerseys then we would be able to do a full G-League update with this roster!

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:07 am

I'd like to focus on getting the 2018 and 2019 NBA seasons done and historical stuff fixed first, but as long as the assets are there, it's something to consider, for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 am

DaCrispy wrote:Thanks :)

If someone can make the jerseys then we would be able to do a full G-League update with this roster!

Hi DaCrispy, do you need jerseys for all G-League teams or only a few specific ones?
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:27 am

JuicyShaqMeat wrote:
DaCrispy wrote:Thanks :)

Hi DaCrispy, do you need jerseys for all G-League teams or only a few specific ones?

There are such teams such as Sioux Falls and the Reno Bighorns that need art updates since they've been bought by NBA teams but right now it's just these that are being added

- Oklahoma City Blue
- Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Lakers
- Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats
- Northern Arizona Suns
- Salt Lake City Stars
- Cantin Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors

The Austin Toros became the Austin Spurs so I might do them but there is almost no difference in the logos, courts or jerseys.

And Andrew for you it will only be a simple copy paste in REDitor II.

Ive taken care of the Arena, Crowd and the Floors will be done soon so if Shaq can make the jerseys I will sort it all out :D
If you're gonna put in the work to make the greatest 2K of all time still amazing you gotta go all in!

BPDHoplite
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding