Best way of circumventing the CAP Limit?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Best way of circumventing the CAP Limit?

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Had a glance through our archives, and it doesn't seem there's a definitive answer on this one. I know we have a few people still working on rosters from 2K11 - and other 2K games from around the same vintage - so thought I could see if we could work out the best possible method.

Basically, I've hit the CAP limit while working on the current roster for NBA 2K11. That's not a huge surprise, given the sheer amount of players that need to be created, but it's something that I need to work around in order to get the job finished. Talking to a couple of people so far, it seems that the most effective way is to simply overwrite players as needed, or possibly move players around within the roster file to free up CAP slots.

Overwriting is probably going to be the way to go, as there are various players I definitely won't need in the database moving forward. However, before it comes to that, I thought I'd see if there was another solution out there. I was hoping it would be a similar case to the old NBA Live databases where changing the player's type so that the game considers them an original player was all it took for them to no longer count against the cap, but unfortunately, it seems it doesn't work that way. So yeah, while I'm working on the players that I've already created and before I start overwriting and fiddling around with the database any further, I just thought I'd check and see if anyone had any other ideas or solutions.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding