X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): 40-42

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:04 pm

I miss no 2k community site. Once they cut it Associations have fallen off way side & the ones going don't have as many (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Image 2012/13 SEASON AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

SG- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Season Stats: 29.4ppg, 3.9rpg, 5.7apg, 2.3spg

Kobe was a well deserved winner, edging out Kevin Durant (OKC), whose time holding the MVP trophy will come. Bryant had one of his finest season as he continues to defy age (34) and is playing some of the best, most rounded ball of his career. He also led the Lakers to a league best 62-20 record and back into the playoffs, where they hope to avenge the last two seasons of playoff defeat with another title and possibly a rematch of the 2011 NBA Finals. Kobe's second MVP trophy of his career finally breaks Lebron James' four year run of the award. I know many around the country will be glad to season Lebron going without a fifth straight MVP.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

SF- Gerald Wallace, Charlotte
Season Stats: 17.8ppg, 9.2rpg, 2.2spg, 1.6bpg

This award is a cumulation of the defensive work and energy that "Crash" has brought to the league, as he narrowly beats out back-to-back winner Josh Smith (Atl) and Dwight Howard (Orl).

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

PF- Gordon Burks, Portland
Season Stats: 13.0ppg, 8.3rpg, 1.1bpg

In what was an otherwise horrible season for the league worst Portland Trailblazers, there was one bright spot, which was number five overall pick, forward Gordon Burks out of Penn. The 6'8" tweener kept hearing what he couldn't bring to the table before the 2012 NBA Draft, but in the end it was what he did bring to the table, which was polished skills, heart, determination and IQ that made him the standout rookie in an otherwise historically weak draft class.

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR

SF- Jin Lam, Cleveland
Season Stats: 16.3ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.4bpg, 1.0spg

Whilst his defending champion team fell agonisingly short of the Central Division title on a tiebreak (and thus missed out on the eight and final playoff berth), you couldn't pin any of that on Chinese second year forward Jin Lam, who once again proved himself one of the most promising young players in the league (and World for that matter). Lam is a threat from outside or taking to the hoop and he fills up the stat sheet in every possible way. Lam has a huge future ahead of him and this is likely the last time he'll win this award, for the sole reason that I can't see him having to come off the bench much longer.

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR

PF- Anthony Randolph, Phoenix
2012/13 Season Stats: 16.1ppg, 8.0rpg, 1.6spg, 1.4bpg
2011/12 Season Stats: 5.8ppg, 2.1rpg, 0.2spg, 0.2bpg

After his draft night trade from New York to Phoenix and moving directly into the Suns' starting lineup, we all hoped that Meal Ticket would finally pay his own way and he definitely didn't fail in that regard by starring for the woeful Suns. Expect big things from Randolph and fellow newcomer Floyd Bradley in coming years.

COACH OF THE YEAR

Percy Osborne, Los Angeles Lakers
Season Record: 62-20

This first year coach straight out of Division 1 college ignited something deep inside the Lakers as he led them to a league best 62-20 record. But his success will be measured in LA by rings on fingers, not regular season wins and losses.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Image 2012/13 SEASON PLAYER ACCOLADES

ALL-NBA 1st TEAM

C- D.Howard (Orl)
    F- L.James (Mia)
    F- K.Durant (OKC)
    G- K.Bryant (LAL)
    G- D.Rose (Chi)

ALL-NBA 2nd TEAM

C- B.Lopez (Nets)
    F- D.Nowitzki (Dal-Phi)
    F- C.Anthony (Den)
    G- M.Ellis (GSW)
    G- R.Rondo (Bos)

ALL-NBA 3rd TEAM

C- A.Horford (Atl)
    F- D.Granger (Ind)
    F- R.Gay (Mem)
    G- T.Evans (Sac)
    G- J.Wall (Was)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 1st TEAM

C- D.Howard (Orl)
    F- J.Smith (Atl)
    F- G.Wallace (Cha)
    G- E.Turner (Phi)
    G- T.Evans (Sac)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 2nd TEAM

C- B.Lopez (Nets)
    F- Ty.Thomas (Cha)
    F- L.James (Mia)
    G- M.Ellis (GSW)
    G- R.Rondo (Bos)

ALL-ROOKIE 1st TEAM

F- G.Burks (Por)
    F- F.Fleming (NYK)
    F- J.Buford (Min)
    G- A.Andrew (Det)
    C- J.Brown (Min)

ALL-ROOKIE 2nd TEAM

F- M.McCloud (Mem)
    G- D.Woolridge (Min)
    F- J.Morgan (Mil)
    G- J.Macy (LAL)
    G- W.Lewis (Phi)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Martti. wrote:I hope Beasley becomes your scoring leader. And I'll be following for sure, your stories have been great. (Y)

Remember this post Martti? See season player stats, last post of page 27 - wish granted :wink:

--------------

I got NLSC-er stats too but most of you did shite all so don't know if it's worth wasting time posting it, especially since less than half still come here. To recap most of you are third stringers, with exception of Witt (backup PG - Bucks) & Woodson (starting SG - Bobcats).

--------------

Also with playoffs, am thinking of continuing with my tried & true formula of 50% sim, 50% play, which means game 1 & 3 (if applicable) of 1st round series would be sim. Or do you think I owe it to myself to play all playoff games? Playoff format is 3-3-5-5 (some might not be sure since I pro rata playoff results based on length of series & closeness of games).

Talking playoffs, Lakers top 7 are A.Bynum/P.Gasol/M.World Peace/K.Bryant/I.Kaffka/M.Okur/T.Sefolosha versus my top 7 of J.Svensson/K.Love/M.Beasley/E.Gordon/R.Rubio/J.Buford/A.Afflalo. I got marginally more depth beyond that but keeping Bynum & Gasol off the offensive glass is the key to this series. I'll probably have to play a bit of Jesse Brown and Przy-bizz some minutes to help out there.

--------------

Finally, I have channeled the spirit of Lamrock & put together a poll from yesteryear. Please vote. You get one shot to make your vote counted :P For those wondering, my vote went to Spree since my defense has been ATROCIOUS this season (giving up 110ppg, although scoring 108ppg).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): UPDATES (40-

Postby Lamrock on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Great to see your Wolves finally in the playoffs. Can they win a title though? Hell no hell no, etc. You should just play all the playoffs since you chose the shortened series and Minnesota hasn't made it since 04.

Anthony Randolph winning MIP (Y)
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:39 am

MIP for the Meal Ticket, then two Wolves in the Rook team. Nice :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:17 pm

A few haters (or realists) out there. I will try to win it all for the Spree lover :P

Lamrock wrote:Great to see your Wolves finally in the playoffs. Can they win a title though? Hell no hell no, etc. You should just play all the playoffs since you chose the shortened series and Minnesota hasn't made it since 04.

Anthony Randolph winning MIP (Y)

Cool, will play all games & win title :lol:

Meal Ticket played well, as Jae had predicted when Suns gave up #2 pick (Franklin Fleming) & Turkey Glue for him.

Thierry • wrote:MIP for the Meal Ticket, then two Wolves in the Rook team. Nice :)

Buford deserved it, Brown didn't. He averaged 3, 4 & 1 block per game :shake:

Such a weak draft class (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:02 am

Let's go Philly!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Sorry, Kobe is going to average 40 per game against you.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Houndy wrote:Let's go Philly!

With Dirk I rate them as the best chance out East to beat Lebron & Heat.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 pm

The X wrote:I got NLSC-er stats too but most of you did shite all so don't know if it's worth wasting time posting it

I like the way The X rolls. (Y)
Why bother wasting internet space for a bunch of players worse than D-Leaguers?

Imma gonna go with the play-sim-play option. The simming of games has that 'randomness' where teams can defeat another team in any given night no matter how good or bad they are. Game 1 & 3 should be played with the in-betweens to be simmed, that way you get to play crucial final games that determine whether you win or go home.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby The X on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Sit wrote:Sorry, Kobe is going to average 40 per game against you.

I don't think he'll average that much :lol:

shadowgrin wrote:
The X wrote:I got NLSC-er stats too but most of you did shite all so don't know if it's worth wasting time posting it

I like the way The X rolls. (Y)
Why bother wasting internet space for a bunch of players worse than D-Leaguers?

Imma gonna go with the play-sim-play option. The simming of games has that 'randomness' where teams can defeat another team in any given night no matter how good or bad they are. Game 1 & 3 should be played with the in-betweens to be simmed, that way you get to play crucial final games that determine whether you win or go home.

We might have a winner. I like the play-sim-play-sim-play option for each series (you see, I'm positive since I'm already talking about future rounds :P ). It also means I'll have the arduous task of having to win my played games on the road since I'm an 8 seed.

Actually, I think I might change it to an exception so that if I'm in a closeout game to win the NBA Finals (positivity :lol: ) then I'll play it :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 am

I love Kobe and Lake-show but I'm rooting for ya this time X! Go forth and win the title!
(Just a question, has there been a >.500 title winning team in NBA history?) :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Valor wrote:I love Kobe and Lake-show but I'm rooting for ya this time X! Go forth and win the title!

I don't think there has been. I think Wes Unseld's '78 Wizards, who went 44-38, were the worst regular season record to win a title.

Thanks for support. Pau, Kobe & Bynum are tough.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:29 am

The X wrote:
Valor wrote:I love Kobe and Lake-show but I'm rooting for ya this time X! Go forth and win the title!

I don't think there has been. I think Wes Unseld's '78 Wizards, who went 44-38, were the worst regular season record to win a title.

Thanks for support. Pau, Kobe & Bynum are tough.

Ah I see, interesting stuff man, cheers for the info! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Since it's looking like I won't have 2K12 before the weekend, I'm thinking I'll finish the playoffs & posting summary. My loss is this Association's gain. I see only one person jumped on the Flying V bandwagon, hopefully I'll prove all others wrong. I have followed Lamrock's advice & will play all playoff games.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): PLAYOFFS COM

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:02 am

Looking forward to it. I regret not lowering the length of first round series to 3 or 5 games in mine but nonetheless the playoffs are fun and worth playing all of.
Lamrock

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): PLAYOFFS

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 am

Image DON'T WORRY, WE'RE KAHN-TASTIC

"Kobe Stopper" is what they're now calling him. When I saw Richard Sharpe, a 6'8" sophomore southpaw wing out of South Carolina, I immediately fell in love with this kid's game. All the other staffers tried to tell me what he couldn't do, all I look at is what he could do. He's long, has great reach & wingspan & can really trouble guards when he's defending on the perimeter. He can swing to the 3, he can shoot the 3 ball & loves to get out on the open court. He's something special, that's for sure.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:52 am

Image 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND

EASTERN CONFERENCE

RESULTS

(1)Miami 4
(8)Washington 0

Pivotal Moment: The Heat dispel the bad memory of last year's shock first round exit to the Bucks by smashing the Wizards in a lopsided sweep. Lebron James (34.5ppg, 9.5rpg, 7.0apg, 1.5bpg, 1.0spg, 1.0TOpg) and Dwayne Wade (30.0ppg, 3.5rpg, 3.5apg, 4.5spg, 1.5bpg) were in vintage form in the series as they sent warning signals out to the rest of the league that their 2011 title win over the Lakers was no fluke.

(4)Chicago 4
(5)New York 2

Pivotal Moment: In a hard fought series, the Bulls came from behind from a 1-2 deficit to win the final three games and clinch the series. The telling tale was the PF/PG comparison between the teams: Carlos Boozer (27.7ppg, 9.7rpg, 2.3spg) and Derrick Rose (29.7ppg, 12.7apg, 2.7spg) against Amar'e Stoudemire (32.7ppg, 8.0rpg) and Toney Douglas (12.3ppg, 6.0apg, 34.6% FG ,16.7% 3Pt).

(3)Philadelphia 4
(6)Toronto 1

Pivotal Moment: Philly's Dirk Nowitzki (19.0ppg, 8.5rpg) had his troubles shooting the rock in game 1 as he went 8/24 from the field, but the versatility of teammate Evan Turner (17.0ppg, 7.5rpg, 7.0apg, 2.5spg, 1.0bpg) was the difference in this series.

(2)Atlanta 4
(7)Orlando 0

Pivotal Moment: Atlanta learnt their lesson last year when they ran into the hot Cavs, who went on to win the 2012 NBA title, and got swept, so they didn't take their first round opponent lightly this year. Key contributions from Joe Johnson (33.0ppg, 8.5apg) and sixth man Jordan Crawford (17.5ppg in 24.5mpg) and great defense on Dwight Howard (15.0ppg, 10.0rpg) was the difference.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

RESULTS

(1)LA Lakers 3
(8)Minnesota 4

Pivotal Moment: In the biggest upset of the playoffs to-date, the Timberwolves propelled themselves to an unlikely series win by having a superb third quarter in the decisive seventh game. Down by 12 points at the half, the Timberwolves would outscore the Lakers 45-24 in the third quarter as they shot 72% from the field and hit 78% from three point land for the quarter, to end the quarter up by nine points.

The Wolves got huge games and performances in the third quarter from Michael Beasley (30pts, 6rebs, 5asts) and sixth man Arron Afflalo (15pts, 5rebs, 10asts, 3stls), but it was perhaps ther performance of Minnesota's own "Kobe Stopper", rookie swingman Richard Sharpe (18pts, 7rebs in 17mins) that helped turn the tide and slow the Lake Show. It can't be understated the key tatical and lineup changes that coach Jay Triano made as the series went on, including having faith in his full 12 man playoff roster and also playing off the Lakers' two weak points, their lack of depth and sagging off the Lakers' starting point guard, Hungarian Istvan Kaffka (19pts on 8/27 FG, 4rebs, 9asts in game 7).

(4)Memphis 1
(5)Denver 4

Pivotal Moment: Memphis' All-Star O.J. Mayo's regular season stats: 20.8ppg on 55.6% FG, 44.5% 3Pt
Memphis' All-Star O.J. Mayo's playoff stats vs Nuggets: 11.0ppg on 33.3% FG, 0.0% 3Pt

(3)Utah 0
(6)Oklahoma City 4

Pivotal Moment: Whilst the seeding might suggest this is an upset, it's not really since the Thunder have the superior team. It is however a surprise how easily the Jazz rolled over and conceded. Thunder forward Kevin Durant (33.0ppg, 12.0rpg, 2.0spg, 1.5bpg, 100.0% FT) did his thing.

(2)Houston 4
(7)LA Clippers 2

Pivotal Moment: Clippers' forward Blake Griffin's averages in 2 wins: 9.0ppg, 7.0ppg.
Clippers' forward Blake Griffin's averages in 4 losses: 30.0ppg, 8.5rpg.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:57 am

There was a reason I traded to get another first round pick, Richard Sharpe is one of those players that can change the result of games, ala Shandon Anderson use to for Jazz. I thought I was toast against Lakers in that deciding game, but I rolled the dice on the following lineup: Afflalo/Sharpe/Beasley/Love/Brown & it reaped dividends :cool:

Good bye Lakers :cool:

Sit, it can't be understated how much I played off Kaffka. Kobe (32.5ppg over series) and Pau (19.5ppg on 70% shooting, 9.0rpg) were giving me absolute fits. I dropped first game by more than 30 points but found the answer when series shifted back to Minnesota. That was to use Sharpe more against Kobe to slow Kobe down slightly (since he's unstoppable), double team Kobe at all times & deny him the ball, double team Pau & Bynum in post & play off of Artest & especially Kaffka. Kaffka averaging 17 & 9 for series but only shot 29% from field. He's like the new age Smush Parker & the only reason I won that series (aside from my monster 3rd quarter) :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): PLAYOFFS 1st

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Sixers yeah!
Minny is going at it like the Grizz did.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:31 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Sixers yeah!
Minny is going at it like the Grizz did.

I think Sixers are a definite chance with Dirk. Hard to know if they'll get by Hawks. 50-50 call, both good teams. Either way, whoever wins that series I want to beat Heat (I'm assuming they'll beat Bulls).

Yep, my team does have some similarities to Grizz I guess. Team gelled at right time, but beating Denver won't be easy either.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Dirk+Will=Championship
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Congrats on the series win! Forgot that you were doing the 7 game series with 29 game seasons as well. You should let us know how the series go down - how it came to a game 7, the like.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Lamrock wrote:Congrats on the series win! Forgot that you were doing the 7 game series with 29 game seasons as well. You should let us know how the series go down - how it came to a game 7, the like.

It was only a 3 game series. I lost game 1 but won game 2 and 3.

I have a 3-3-5-5 playoff format. The results are pro rata. A 7 game pro rata series means it goes to deciding game and is a tight deciding game. A sweep means over in 2 lopsided games.5 game series means it was over in 2 but at least one of games was close, maybe both of them.6 game series means it goes to a decider but deciding game was a blowout.

Confused yet?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame