My very own

A collection of memorable Association and My Player stories.

Postby hammertime23 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:51 am

A triple double by kobe is so solid even though it would never happen lol. Nice recaps as usual.
hammertime23

Postby Jugs on Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 am

Bad luck on the loss, well done on the win. (Y) . The graphic detail of the game is quite awesome, especially that tattoo lol.

Kobe's gonna explode for 88 points against the Raptors :P .
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:48 pm

I know exactly what you mean with rust settling in after a week, I've had that happen to me in NBA Live where I haven't been able to play for about a week for one reason or another. Sometimes I can recover, other times the same thing you experienced with the Kings happens. Great job to get it that close by the end of the game though, that would've been some comeback if you'd pulled it off. Looks like you took out any frustrations on the Suns though with that 31 point victory. Congrats on the triple double, I'm guessing you'll be trying for the 81 at least in the Raptors game if Kobe gets going early.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Raptors @ Lakers

When the uniform select screen came up, it showed the Raptors ratings and they only were a 50 for defense :drool:. As soon as I saw that I knew I was going to be like jordan in game 4 of the 93 finals and just drive each time until the raptors stopped it. To start the game the raptors hit their first 6 shots, and were up 13-10. Kobe had all those 10 points. The end of the quarter the raptors led 30-28, with kobe scoring 26 of the 28 points. He also had the lone assist to Odom, so he was responsable for all 28 points :lol: .

I rested Kobe to start the 2nd, and odom twisted an ankle a couple of minutes into the period. That was reason enough to bring kobe back in, and the lakers gained control, up 60-50 at half time. Kobe had 48 points on 16/25 shooting (2/5 3pt) and was 14/18 from the ft line. 81 was still the target, but all of a sudden 100 points wasnt out of the question.

In the third quarter Kobe continued to simply shred the raptors defense apart. Toronto tried pressing, triple teams, everything. But with a minute left in the third, kobe had 78 points and i decided to give him a rest so he could play in the fourth. When he did, there was actually a cut scene of a standing ovation as he went to the bench. Super cool. The score after 3 was 101-73.

In the fourth, Kobe immediately got his 80th point, and ironically scored point number 81 at the foul line. The raptors continued to press which allowed kobe to drive at will once he broke that pressure. He scored his 100th point on a dunk, and beat wilt's record with two free throws that were the last of the game.

Amazing, simply amazing.

Final Score Lakers 133, Raptors 102

Player of the Game
Smush Parker :crazy:. Ok That was lame...
Kobe Bryant
102 points,
34-44 fg (only missed one seond half shot)
3-6 3pt
31-37 ft
3 rebounds
3 assists
2 steals

Kobe drills a 3 in the first half
Kobe on the break in the first half
Kobe ties his old record at the foul line. Point number 81.
Point number 90, he's getting close now.
100 points for Kobe.
Maybe the most significant single point in regular season history. Number 101 for kobe.

No other stats will be posted from the game. What a performance.
Matthew

Postby Jing on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 pm

very true. bad timing. but walker doesnt deserve it :mrgreen:

and that kobe tattoo man. thats a really good closeup. wow
Jing

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Awesome job setting the new record. (Y) That's cool that the game acknowledged the great performance by the end of the third quarter with a standing ovation cutscene, a very nice detail indeed.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby zakIrah on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Lol, that Brian Grant pic looks nothing like him :lol:
zakIrah

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:08 pm

Kobe scores 102 points, and 2 of the 3 replies are about screenshots. :lol:

Awesome job setting the new record. That's cool that the game acknowledged the great performance by the end of the third quarter with a standing ovation cutscene, a very nice detail indeed.

Thanks :). It wasnt expected. I knew I wanted to get at least 70, to break his in game career high, but the standing ovation was awesome. I have never seen it prior to the game, although with brands game winning tip in there was a huge roar from the crowd.

It's definately the small things like that in this game that make it so fun.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:44 pm

Does it work the other way as well, with the crowd showing disappointment as well as simply going very quiet when the home team is getting beaten?

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Indeed it does. In the recent game at Pheonix, the crowd was quiet as anything, it was like they werent even there.
Matthew

Postby Its_asdf on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:05 pm

ZOMG 3 ASSISTS HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED THE BALL MORE WHAT A BALL HOG!!!!11!11!onesones

102 points is just absolutely amazing, even if it is in a game. Glad to see you've broken the record books at least in the game. Its just disappointing for such a huge feat to be on the Raptors... Yet again....
Last edited by Its_asdf on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby J@3 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Kobe scores 102 points, and 2 of the 3 replies are about screenshots.

:lol: :lol:

101/2 points, that's insane. I can barely get my guys over 30 points and that's only if I continually jack shots with them. Couldn't have happened against a better team.
J@3

Postby Mark. on Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Awesome stuff dude
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:18 pm

great work on the 102 :shock: glad to hear that Kobe got a standing ovation too....it's a shame that a lot of the cutscenes will be cut out of 2k7
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:53 am

Wow, 102 points with Kobe (Y) . The most I ever got was 89 with my created self, and they were all lay-ups and inside shots and free throws as my guy didn't have a jumpshot. Plus he got fouled out.

Yeah so well done on shitting on the Raptors.
Jugs

Postby Silas on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:53 am

Very cool, nice job breaking the record, I cant even imagine how the raptors must feel....

Great dyansty so far, keep it up!
Silas

Postby rongotai on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:43 am

LMFAO good shit Matthew, Im pissed Kwame shut down Amare though :(
rongotai

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:46 am

great work on the 102 Shocked glad to hear that Kobe got a standing ovation too....it's a shame that a lot of the cutscenes will be cut out of 2k7

Really? The cutscenes have always been in the series, i cant imagine them not there. It would be like the live series without bugs :crazy:.

Back to the dynasty report :)

Injury report:

During a 4 day layoff after the 102 point explosion, kobe injured his wrist and was out for 2 days. Then the Next day in the simulation Mihm injured his back and is out 19 days. Kobe would return before the game with Golden state, so I went back to the playoff lineup of Brown, Lamar, Walton, Kobe and Smush

Golden State @ Lakers

Last time these two teams played, Golden state absolutely thrashed the Lakers in Oakland. The warriors came out strong and build a 9-2 lead. Kobe would then hit a 3, followed by another 3 by smush. The warriors would score, but George tied the game at 11 with another 3. The Lakers would take the lead on Kobe dunk, up 15-13, and the Warrick would get a 3pt play to push the lead out to 5. The warriors would tie the game at 20, but the lakers were up 24-22 when Kobe made a tremendous block to finish the 1st. Kobe had 11 in the first quarter.

To start the 2nd quarter, the lakers came out firing. DG would make a layup, Lue a 3 and a 3pt play on the break, Smush would hit back to back 3's and before you know it the lakers were up 21, 48-27. The warriors did finish the half strong though and were down only 13 at the break, 57-44.

In the third, Baron had a 3point play to bring the lead down to just 10, and then it was down to 9 after a Dunleavy jumper. The warriors battled, but couldnt get any closer, as the laker roles players started to get a roll on and would lead 91-60 at the end of 3. To start the fourth smush hit a 3, and any hopes the Warriors had of a comeback were gone as the lakers steamrolled to a 131-91 win, and earning some nice payback against the warriors for their win earlier in the season

Player of the Game
Lamar Odom
28 points
12 rebounds
4 assists
1 block

Kobe had 28 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks
Smush 23 points 7 assist 1 rebound 2 blocks
Kwame 15 points 12 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal
DG also had 15 off the bench.

For Golden State, they shot 4-22 from 3pt (lakers shot 11-19). Davis had 27 points and J-Rich had 22. In the second half they were outscored 74-35.

Jason Richardson on Kobe
Kobe gets his revenge to end the first quarter
Off the inbounds, look at the shotty warriors defense on lamar odom
The end result, Odom gets an easy dunk
Lamar blocking a 3

The next 7 games are on the road, and it's the last long roadtrip of the season. The first game up was the pistons, a possible finals preview with the best from the east and west playing for the first time. I had to play this game :)

Lakers @ Pistons

1st quarter
The Lakers came out strong behind kobe, who began the game with a 3 point play and he scored the first 9 laker points. The lakers were on fire in the first quarter led by Bryant, and were up 21-9. The Pistons would rally, but still really couldnt slow down the lakers offense. After one it was 37-29, with Kobe scoring 22 first quarter points.

2nd quarter
Dale Davis began the quarter byt scoring on a layup to cut the lead to 6, but kobe hit a 3 to respond. The two teams battled until DG hit a 3 to give the lakers a 14 point lead. The Pistons however would go on a 10-4 run to cut the lead to 8 (55-47), but once again the Lakers pulled ahead and would lead at half time 69-57. Kobe had 36 points in the half on 15-19 fg.

3rd quarter
The third began in simialr fashion to how the 2nd ended, with both teams battling. The Lakers however did start to wear down the psitons and buil a 80-62 lead. But once again the pistons game rallying back and cut the lead 4 after a prince dunk, 91-87. The lakers would take a 97-89 lead into the fourth quarter, and kobe had 44 points, scoring all 8 of his points to finish the quarter.

4th quarter
Kobe started the fourth with a layup to give him 10 straight for the lakers, but the Pistons refused to roll over. Prince hit a 3 to cut it to 7, 104-97. Kwame would respond with a massive offensive rebound to put the lakers up 108-99. Prince would hit a jumper to cut it to 5, 110-105, and billups would hit a 3 to trim it down to 4. Down by 6, Ben wallace would make a 3 pts play. odom responded immediately and put the lakers back up by 6. With less then a minute remaining, Prince cut the score to 2 with a layup. Kobe hit right back with a floater with 45 seconds left to give the lakers a 4 point lead. Prince was then fouled and made both shots, But kobe again hit a clutch 20 footer with 30 seconds left. Billups hit a j, but when odom dunked the ball with 14 seconds left, it was all over. The final score was 131-127 in a wild game.

Player of the game

Kobe Bryant
56 points
4 rebounds
6 assists
2steals

Lamar had 30 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 2 blocks
Kwame had 18 points, 6 rebounds 1 assist and 1 block
smush had 6 points and 10 assists

The pistons had a very balanced attack. Billups had 25 points and 14 assists. Prince 26 points. Rip 20 points, Ben wallace 16 points and mcdyess had 15 points and 10 rebounds off the bench.

Kobe with the powerful dunk
Kobe with a reverse jam.
Mcdyess about to punish the rim

Matthew

Postby Jing on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:55 am

my god, the last pic ther really shows mcdyess' muscles... he is beefed up
Jing

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:11 am

Two more big wins there, with the payback blowout and the triumph over Detroit which sounded like a real thriller. Looks like Kobe will be averaging over 40 (at least) by the end of the year...his 28 point game against the Warriors looks tame by comparison, even though he had nice stats across the board.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby zakIrah on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:36 pm

Man, Kobe is gonna be MVP for sure. In my Association he's getting 35, 7 and 7. It's 2 months until the All Star break and he's already got a 100,000 votes lol. I love using Kobe to close out the game, he has such a high FG rating, it's not even funny.
Good luck in your association. How close is the All Star Break BTW?
zakIrah

Postby Kbryant8 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 am

Kobe showing hes skills,title without Shaq would be awesom
MVP!!!
LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!!
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby Matthew on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:05 am

Two more big wins there, with the payback blowout and the triumph over Detroit which sounded like a real thriller. Looks like Kobe will be averaging over 40 (at least) by the end of the year...his 28 point game against the Warriors looks tame by comparison, even though he had nice stats across the board.

It's possible, I'm trying to not be as aggresive with him, I dont want him injured for the asg or playoffs.
Man, Kobe is gonna be MVP for sure. In my Association he's getting 35, 7 and 7. It's 2 months until the All Star break and he's already got a 100,000 votes lol. I love using Kobe to close out the game, he has such a high FG rating, it's not even funny.
Good luck in your association. How close is the All Star Break BTW?

7 games away, Kobe has 130,000 votes. Paul Pierce has 113,000. If thats any indication for mvp, its not quite in the bag for kobe.
Kobe showing hes skills,title without Shaq would be awesom
MVP!!!

Indeed.

Lakers @ Knicks

I adjusted the sliders even more for this game after a combined 258 points against detroit. The lakers lead 27-23 before Marbury hit a buzzer beating 3 to bring them within 1 at the end of the 1st quarter. The knicks actually took the lead to start the 2nd, but kobe carried the lakers on a 13-2 run that gave the lakers a 50-40 lead. The Lakers would lead 57-46 at the break. Kobe had 25.

2nd Half

The Knicks battled to stay within striking distance, and would cut a 12 point lead down to 5 (64-59) before the lakers once again paced themselves to a 14 point lead, and would had a comfortable 13 point advantage to start the 4th. Through 3 quarters kobe had 35 points. The Lakers would build on that lead and after a smush 3, be up by 17. The Knicks would work their way back into the game, trailing only 6 points with 2:43 left, but Kwame would had a critical 3 point play that iced the game, 123-115 Lakers.

Player of the Game
Kobe
39 points
10 assists
2 rebounds
1 steal
1 block

Kwame had 33 points 5 rebounds and 2 assists
Lamar 25 points and 10 rebounds.
Marbury had 25 points and 14 assists. Curry 15 points 11 rebounds.

Kwame showing Eddy Curry who was the best high schooler in 2001

Lakers @ Pacers

Before the game Jermaine O'neal was relegated to the bench becuase of an injury, and the lakers came out looking to take full advantage. Kwame and Lamar were dominant inside as the lakers build leads of 14-6 and 21-12 in the first quarter. The pacers did bring it back to just 5 at the end of the first. The lakers strecthed that lead into double digits (33-22) on a kwame layup, but the pacers finished the half strong on a stephen jackson buzzer beating 20 footer and trailed by only 6 points. Kobe only had 11 in the half.

2nd half

The lakers came out strong behind Kobe in the second half, and after a George 3, were up 59-45. The pacers once again cut the lead down to 6, and then 5 after a peja three, but couldnt maintain their rally as the lakers took a 73-64 lead into the 4th. Through 3 quarters kobe had 25 points.

In the fourth, the pacers would imediately cut the lead down to just 5, 73-68. The lakers would hold them off and after a kobe 3 and lamar dunk, push that lead back into double digits. Later in that quarter, kwame would get a dunk that would push the lead to 11, but back to back jackson 3's, a 3 points play by granger and the lead was in taters. The pacer had tied the game when jackson was fouled shooting a 3, but only made 1 of 3 free throws. Kobe came right back and burried two ft's of his own to give the lakers a 101-98 lead with with 30 seconds left. Granger made a jumper to cut it to one, and lamar mised a bank shot with 8 seconds left. The pacers went to stephen jackson, but with kobe all over him he missed an 8 footer and the lakers escaped with a 101-100 win.

Player of the game

Kobe
32 points
7 assists
4 rebounds
1 steal
2 blocks

Lamar 23 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists 1 steal
Kwame 20 points 5 rebounds 1 steal 1 block
Smush 10 points 8 assists 2 rebounds

For indiana tinsley, peja and jackson combined for 66 points. Jermaine only had 7 but was playing injured

Kwame catching the alley
Kobe swats tinsleys shot away
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:01 pm

You're getting some quality minutes out of Kwame, especially as of late. What are his numbers for the season?

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:19 pm

Absolutely, he's been playing really well since he came back. Here's the stats for the players in the rotation at the moment:

Kobe is a candidate for MVP. I think Smush and Kwame both have a chance at MIP, and Devean George may be a longshot at 6th man of the year. Also, with a record of 36-9, Phil Jackson could be coach of the year. What a season that would be if all those awards do goto the lakers.
Matthew

PreviousNext

Return to Association & My Player Hall of Fame