A LEGEND IS BORN II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Your 2011 NBA Champions...

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Fuck Kobe!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby |)e8* on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Sit,I got on for thirty secs and you posted the results
PS:Kobe I hate you
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby C-77 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Bullsh*t man!,anyway congrats to LA :D The first ever 7th seed champions i think? :lol:
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby The X on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Good to see the Heat lose. I'm a bit like Lamrock & would prefer a Lakers' win over a Heat win. You probably didn't think you'd hear that from me Sit but it's true. A closet fan of Tex Winters' triangle offense :P Plus I can't forgive that 2006 NBA Finals' farce (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Durant staying or going?

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 am

dare wrote:I think Durant will stay, the Stealth is all about Durant that's his team baby!

He will stay. :)

C-77 wrote:Bullsh*t man!,anyway congrats to LA :D The first ever 7th seed champions i think? :lol:

Yes, that would be correct.

The X wrote:Good to see the Heat lose. I'm a bit like Lamrock & would prefer a Lakers' win over a Heat win. You probably didn't think you'd hear that from me Sit but it's true. A closet fan of Tex Winters' triangle offense :P Plus I can't forgive that 2006 NBA Finals' farce (N)

I didn't think you were a hater anyways so not too surprising to hear. You're a Ced fan after all. :P
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:14 am

Actually I have no problems with the Lakers winning it. I mean give Kobe his ring without Shaq in your game. He got one in RL so he gets one in yours. Further I am still affected by the Heat beating the Mavs from the foul line in 2006. Actually I am quite good at the prediction game. So I hope C. Hova will finally get a starting spot at TOR.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:16 am

C'mon Sit, admit it, this was all rigged by you and Donaghy. :shake:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023), Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 am

hova- wrote:Actually I have no problems with the Lakers winning it. I mean give Kobe his ring without Shaq in your game. He got one in RL so he gets one in yours. Further I am still affected by the Heat beating the Mavs from the foul line in 2006. Actually I am quite good at the prediction game. So I hope C. Hova will finally get a starting spot at TOR.

Haha, maybe Jose will be gone? :P

Thierry. wrote:C'mon Sit, admit it, this was all rigged by you and Donaghy. :shake:

Lies man. Lies! Although I was quite happy with the result I must admit. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:30 am

The story so far

Bryant Describes First Title Without Shaq

June 16, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Kobe Bryant leapt into the air from off the bench then ran out onto the floor as the confetti rained down onto the Staples Centre court. The fans were on their feet as the Lakers’ starters joined the players who had just finished off a 16 point win in Game Five. Los Angeles had won a championship, a few seasons after falling to the Boston Celtics in 2008.

Of more relevance was the fact that it was Bryant’s fourth ring. And first without Shaquille O’Neal.

Bryant explained the feeling of winning his first ring without O’Neal, “I had a great run with the Big Fella ten seasons ago. It’s weird to see how long it has been between rings but all I can say is that this is probably more fulfilling. Just knowing that I have finally reached my goal is so fulfilling.”

“It’s great to win but winning by leading by example is such a great feeling. It’s so hard to describe,” Bryant added. The veteran guard also came away with the Finals MVP award and has vowed to help deliver another title to the Lakers next season.

Many people had regarded the Lakers as underdogs but Bryant claimed, “We never felt like Miami threatened us in any way. No disrespect to the Heat but the West is just a hell of a lot tougher. Whether it was us or the Warriors or the Blazers who got through to the Finals, a Western Conference team was going to win it all. That’s just how the NBA is right now.”

Read More…

- - -

James Carter Becomes Hometown Hero

June 16, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Former UCLA Bruin James Carter has been hailed a hero. The steal from the 2010 Draft delivered yet another solid performance as he dropped 16 points and dished out 5 assists in a 96-80 Lakers Game Five win against the Miami Heat. The result was a championship for the Lakers in Carter’s first year.

“James came onto our team and there were a lot of question marks about his ability to fit into our team,” captain Kobe Bryant said, “But as you saw tonight, he is a good kid and he is one who plays with poise beyond his age and experience in this league.” Lakers big man Pau Gasol added, “We knew we had something special when he walked into the gym for our first practice. He has a lot of confidence in himself.”

Having grown up in the area, Carter went on to play college basketball for the Bruins, and then a stroke of fate had him playing for the Lakers. Everything fell in place for Carter as he was gifted a starting spot thanks to Jordan Farmar’s injury. The rookie has been so good that he kept a hold of the starting position even after Farmar’s return to the team and has since become a Lakers fan favorite.

“I was a trouble maker back in college and high school,” Carter admitted after the NBA Title-clinching win, “But I’ve come out and worked really hard. I am very very grateful that the Lakers took a gamble on me. And I am feeling very relieved that the gamble paid off in the end.”

Read More…

- - -

Ricky Rubio Arrives For NBA Draft

June 18, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) – 6’4” PG Ricky Rubio has arrived in America for the second time this month. He had been in the country earlier in the month to participate in a handful of workouts. The 20 year old Spaniard is looking to set foot into the NBA after a long wait by NBA fans. Originally touted to be part of the 2009 NBA Draft, Rubio pulled out after a series of contract disputes with his European based club.

Since then, Rubio switched clubs to play for Barcelona and has come off contract after the 2010-11 European season. Rubio led Barcelona to its finest season in team history as they collected a ‘double’ by winning the Spanish League as well as the Euroleague competition. He averaged 9.7 ppg, 11.9 apg, 2.1 spg in Spanish League action while averaging an impressive 12.4 ppg, 12.5 apg, 1.5 spg in the more prestigious Euroleague; European basketball’s answer to Soccer’s Champions League.

Rubio, however, is not a lock to be selected as the first pick but it is probable that he should be snapped up within the first five selections. Many scouts hold concerns for his ability to adapt to the fast pace of the NBA as well as his questionable shooting ability.

Read More…

- - -

Knicks Might Select Larry Williams With First Pick

June 21, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) – 24 year old Texas Tech alum Larry Williams might be the number one draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. He led Texas Tech to the NCAA Final, Williams scored 22 points in a 76-68 loss to Maryland. Williams’ leadership and ability to lead his college side to the final game helped his draft stock rise. A series of subsequent draft workouts with lottery teams has Williams slated as a potential first overall draft pick.

The SG, compared to the Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade, has stated that he would be honored to be picked first. “I was a nobody last season,” Williams admitted, “It’s amazing how much can change over a year.” Had Williams been in last year’s Draft, he would have most likely been a late first round pick and that’s only if he was lucky. One Eastern Conference scout stated that at the start of the year, he did not know who Williams was. Williams went on to average 19.5 ppg and lead Texas Tech to the NCAA Final.

The New York Knicks invited Williams to work out for the team twice over the past fortnight and all indicators are that the team is ready to select Williams to fill in the void that will be left by Vince Carter. Carter told media that he was ready to move on after his stint with the Knicks.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II - KB24, J Carter, R Rubio, 2011 Draft

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 am

I'm in this 2011 draft or 2012? I always forget.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023), Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 am

Well at least the Heat didn't win it all. Blazers need Liam Washburn if they want to win it all next year.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Am I included to the next draft?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:14 am

Final Leaderboard

Leaderboard: Name | Points | Tiebreaker*

1. Kaiser_kobe | 185 | 11
2. Valor | 155 | 10
3. Lamrock | 135 | 9
4. Martti | 100 | 8
5. Hova | 100 | 7
6. The X | 95 | 8
7. Dare | 85 | 7
8. De8 | 80 | 7
9. ChrisO0 | 70 | 8
10. Cartar | 70 | 7
11. Clutch | 70 | 7
12. Thierry | 65 | 6
13. Mark. | 55 | 6
14. megarover | 50 | 6
15. Oskar | 50 | 3
16. puttincomputers | 45 | 5
17. Skills | 0 | 0

* Tiebreaker – If two or more people have the same amount of points, the tiebreaker is decided by how many series you correctly picked.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

Thierry. wrote:I'm in this 2011 draft or 2012? I always forget.

dare wrote:Am I included to the next draft?

All will be revealed soon. :D

Lamrock wrote:Well at least the Heat didn't win it all. Blazers need Liam Washburn if they want to win it all next year.

You really wanna be with the Blazers huh?
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II -Final Leaderboard

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 am

The story so far

Kidd Pondering Retirement

June 20, 2011

SEATTLE (AP) – Seattle Stealth PG Jason Kidd has delivered a bombshell on local media before boarding a flight for an overseas holiday. The legendary playmaker from the area stated that he may be ready to announce his retirement from basketball.

The 38 year old struggled to close out the 2010-11 season and is on-contract for another 2 years. Kidd came close to averaging another double double in points and assists for a third straight season.

Having lost a couple of steps since his peak during 2002 and 2003, Kidd has still been able to be a valuable leader to the team. His level headed play and penchant for hitting his team-mates with the right pass at the right time helped the Stealth navigate to back to back playoff campaigns in the two seasons he has been with the team. In both years, the Stealth were able to advance out of the first round against higher seeded teams.

Head Coach George Karl recently praised the efforts of Kidd, “Jason is the consummate team-mate. We hear it year after year but I just need to say it again. Without Jason, the team would not be where it is today.”

Kidd announced to a shocked media gathering at Seattle Stealth headquarters, “I am thinking of hanging up the jersey and shorts.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Retirement

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:52 am

Topic title gave me a scare. A little misleading. Losing Kidd would be hard for your team. However, it would give you cap to sign an impact player.
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:53 am

Your team would really have different identity without Kidd. :(
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

when I read the Title I thought your going to retired, JKidd leaving leaves a big hole in your PG spot hope you sign someone who can replace him
dare
True kings have rings

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Kidd Retirement

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:10 am

Epilogue

The Portland Trailblazers proved to be too deep and too talented for the Seattle Stealth as they closed out the series with a big effort in the fourth quarter of Game Five. Although Seattle battled back from being 18 point down, the Stealth could not sustain their efforts and fell 94-85 in the game. After a week away, the Stealth’s players were invited back to headquarters for their end of season meetings with Coach George Karl and General Manager Will Sit. Sit had been through his thoughts on the performance of the team during the season past and his expectations of the upcoming. Sit was happy with everyone’s performance and he let each and every player know that in their exit interview. The only roadblock was the one between his two best scorers. Durant and Ty had been at odds all season long. The last two players that had to be interviewed were Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson. Sit decided to make it a joint meeting.
“I know you both have your differences,” Sit said, “We don’t want either of you gone. We really want both of you to lead this team on and off the court.”
Durant and Ty remained silent.
“The reason I’ve got both of you here today,” Sit said to Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson, sitting in front of him, “is because I see you two as the future of this franchise.”
Durant and Ty did not say a word to each other, they did not even budge. George Karl was sitting beside Ty. Sit took a sip of his coffee and set his cup down on the table. He took a deep breath.
“The season didn’t end like how we hoped it would. That’s ok. We just need to look towards next season,” Sit stated, “But you two did a great job in leading us to the playoffs. I applaud both of you, especially you Kevin. We lost in five games to Portland who are a great team.”
Durant was cynical, “Portland are shit.”
Karl spoke up, “Guys, we have a really great squad. We got both of you and we have some great vets like Jason, Sheed, and Raja. Andrew and David are coming along too and the rest of the young guys look up to both of you as leaders.”
“We really need the two of you on the same page,” Sit pleaded with the duo.
“Let’s be mature about this,” Karl reasoned, “You’re both grown men. I think the two of you need to stop acting like high school children and get on with it. Come on, let’s just shake on it and move on into the Summer. Come back and start playing like a real team.”
Durant and Ty looked at each other and then looked at Sit and Karl. Ty looked indifferent, Durant had an expression that looked like he wanted to say, Are you kidding me? Are you serious? Sit could see that the two of them were being difficult.
“We could have something special here,” Sit pleaded, “Even if you don’t do this for yourselves, what about doing it for Jason? We really want him to finish his career here a winner. I’m not asking the two of you to be friends; I just want you guys to come in here and be professionals.”
Karl was nodding his head in agreement as Sit continued, “On the court, be basketball players. Play the game properly. Off the court, be leaders and professionals. When you’re away from the game, I don’t care if you hate each other. Just keep your personal stuff out of work.”
Ty decided to be the better man and he looked at Durant and reached out his hand, “I guess the boss has got a point.”
Durant reluctantly shook Ty’s hand.
Sit smiled as Karl stood up and shook both of his players’ hands.
“This is great!” Karl excitedly exclaimed; Sit had never seen Karl this happy since joining the team.

Durant and Ty stepped out into the hallway and headed towards the elevator that would take them to the ground floor. The two of them stepped inside the lift.
“You know, this ain’t over,” Durant said under his breath.
Ty had the same animosity towards Durant, “I know. I’m glad you understand.”
“Kid, this is my team. I own this joint,” Durant stated, “Sit ain’t going to be here to protect your ass anymore. Take my word.”
Ty shrugged, “I don’t need anyone looking after me.”
As the lift doors opened, they hopped out of the lift. Durant walked quickly ahead then turned around. He pointed his index finger at Ty.
“Watch what you’re doing. You don’t want to rub me on the wrong shoulder. I’m not signing anywhere else, this is my team.”
Durant turned and stormed out of the building foyer; then out the door.

Sit and Karl were in the middle of a discussion about upcoming draft picks.
“Ricky Rubio?” Sit asked Karl.
Karl nodded in approval, “He’s really improved since 2009. I think he should be a lock if he became available.”
“We can trade up for him; we have two first round picks. We could get that number one pick and get Ricky.”
“No one else really stands out in this next draft,” Karl said.
“It’s a very weak pool of talent, that’s for sure,” Sit affirmed.
Sit’s phone then rang, “Excuse me George while I take this call.”
Karl smiled and got out of his seat, “I should be on my way out anyway.”
Sit nodded, using his right hand to shake Karl’s and his left to pick up the phone.
“Hello?” Sit answered.
“Will, it’s me,” it was the Stealth’s most senior board member.
“Hey!”
“Remember how I told you there was something important we had to discuss at our board meeting?”
“Oh yeah? I remember you telling me about it but you never said what it was about exactly.”
The voice on the other end did not reply straight away. The silence lasted only a few seconds.
“We had a meeting this morning Will. And it was about you.”
Sit grinned, “Sure. And?”
When Sit was told what had happened, it wiped the grin off of his face.
“I am very sorry to inform you. That the Seattle Stealth board has decided that we do not require your services anymore. Your contract will be terminated as of this phone call.”
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Epilogue

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 am

That sucks. All of the good dynasties are ending. A while back you said you wanted to make ALIB a trilogy, so I hope that happens.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:28 am

why Sit why, you better make an ALIBIII
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Dee. on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

It's just Wrong. :?
Dee.

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Are you serious, man? :cry:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

You know,there is an option to resign and manage another team in Association,bur Sit if you are ending it,plz don't!!!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby J@3 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Durant was cynical, “Portland are shit.”

:lol: . God Durant's an ass.
J@3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame