Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics (9-20) - November/December recap part I

Postby hova- on Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Monthly Recap: December Part II

Race 2 The MVP

The GOAT? The only thing LeBron is still missing, is some championship hardware.

Making his way to greatest of all time
By Russ Welluable, NBA.com
Posted on December 30th 2011 9:11

Okay - we are only two months into this season. No reason to exaggerate. No reason to already promise awards to players - you never know what's gonna happen. But honestly, if LeBron James does not win the MVP award this season, then because he has either lost a leg or an arm, or the Thunder or Bulls have won every game left in this season. And even if the Thunder did so, I wouldn't be too sure about Kevin Durant stealing the award from James. Actually, at the moment, it's the first time since more than a year, that Kevin Durant is not even among the top five players in the race. For a reason.
Some may wonder ... why is that? KD's playing as well as last season, is maybe even more efficient. But the Thunder, the upcoming team of last season are struggling. At 16-16, I don't see no reason for a player to be in the top five of the race, especially when he has team mates (Westbrook, Harden, Green, Young, Brooks, Ibaka) like the 23-year old franchise player of OKC.
29.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists are top-notch, great, almost perfect numbers for a 6-11 forward. But no success, no MVP, this is how we handle it in the R2MVP.

While KD's team is struggling, LeBron James' Heat are the best team of the league and the "King's" season is burning it's way into the history books of the NBA. Right now, James is the leading scorer in the league with 32.6 points per game, is shooting over .500% from the field and has a PER of 39.2 (last year he had a PER of 28.2 by the end of the season).
LeBron still has no post moves like Kobe Bryant has, he still has no ring and has to proove that he is clutch, but if the Heat win it all this season, LBJ will definitely make a bid for the Greatest of All time.

His biggest competitor right now? Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls. The 23-year old point guard is the perfect example of how stars are not built during the season but in the offseason. Rose has improved his three point shot so much, that defenders have to respect him as a threat from distance, making it way tougher to guard the quick Bull. Thus, Rose has upped his scoring by more than six points per game.

Apart from these usual guests, the race welcomes a new candidate among the top five. Ty Lawson is not only an aspirant for the MIP award, he's actually playing an MVP-calibre season so far, being the league's fourth best scorer on the 2nd best team in the Western Conference.
Props also go to my man Dirk Nowitzki: The Mavs' only All-Star is playing in a more than mediocre team and even without Jason Kidd, who retired from NBA basketball last offseason, Dirk's super-efficient scoring keeps the Mavs on track in the West. A true MVP helps his team winning, no matter how bad it is. Mark my words, KD.

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings (8-23) - December Recap Part II: R2MVP

Postby hova- on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted to tell you, that I have sold 2k12. So this might have come to an end. I will definitely purchase 2k13, but I doubt I will have the time/motivation to start all over or maybe even continue this one with updated rosters.

Thanks for following. It's ugly in a way, but with time passing, my motivation has gone cold for making stories - at least making them durable and consistent.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

damn, sucks to hear it but at the same time I totally understand it man. Hopefully in time you'll get that feeling for story writing back and return to the section (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 am

Been there man. Shame to see this end, but here's hoping 2K13 is good and enjoyable in some form. :chug: to a good story here, hov.
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 am

Okay, guys. As I am planning to do a new story, I'm officially retiring this one. (also to make it eligible for the HoF - it has been my longest story so far and I hope it gets inducted)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings - Retired

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 am

HOF material? Definitely. :bowdown2:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 am

I too would nominate this for the HOF. It was an excellent story, hope to see another one from you soon enough. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 am

Agree with the HOF nomination, it's been a good run while it lasted Hov, hope to see you back in the game asap (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Sun May 19, 2013 12:30 am

Stumbling over this one in my chase to get better with my current D. I propose a trade to the NLSC - please trade this Story for my Bobcats one in the Hall Of Fame.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Don't need a trade. Just put it in there.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Mon May 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Thats not something I can decide. Is there still a HoF-nomination thread?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

hova- wrote:Thats not something I can decide. Is there still a HoF-nomination thread?

You can start one? :P
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Inducted August 6th, 2013.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame