How make NBA Live moves in NBA2k11?

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

How make NBA Live moves in NBA2k11?

Postby T-MAC-power on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to NBA 2K series but an old NBA Live veteran. For PC version with keyboard controller, how can i do such moves:

-Spin Move
-Pro Hoop
-Crossover
-Alley Up

They were so easy in NBA Live series by pressing single related key!!! I can't seem to find equals in NBA 2K11?

Thanks a lot!
TRACY McGRADY won't be denied!
T-MAC-power

Re: How make NBA Live moves in NBA2k11?

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 am

spin moves and crossovers are done with isomotion, not a button press
pro hops are done with the rebound key, they are called signature gathers
alley oops are done by press the clutch and fake pass buttons together
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby T-MAC-power on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what "isomotion" is??? It's too bad not to achieve that moves with a single press of related keys just like NBA Live series.

Really disappointed.
T-MAC-power

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:02 am

Isomotion is the name given to NBA 2K's control scheme. It's what Freestyle Control is to NBA Live.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 am

2K10 and 2K9 both had the alternate control scheme that forced everyone to have a spin and crossover button rather than the default control schemes.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby T-MAC-power on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Andrew wrote:Isomotion is the name given to NBA 2K's control scheme. It's what Freestyle Control is to NBA Live.

Hi Andrew, so can you please tell me how can i achieve crossover / spin move other than the moves JaoSming have mentioned using IsoMotion with keyboard?

Really appreciate.
T-MAC-power

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 pm

you should try the tutorial
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Second that. I've been using a dual analog pad since the games started utilising the two sticks, so I can't offer any keyboard related advice.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:04 am

Tutorial somewhat works, but not really. All the advice there is for a gamepad.

Crossover - hold the clutch button and press the movement button on the non-ball hand's side.

Example: clutch=space, movement keys=arrows. If you're dribbling with your right hand, hold space and press the left arrow (and in reverse). You might want to hold turbo as well when you're doing that, the move will be more explosive and therefore give you a better chance of beating the defender.

Spin move - almost impossible on the keyboard, the same goes for a behind the back move. The tutorial says something about holding clutch and moving the analog stick in a circle (spin) or half-circle (behind the back). That would probably require a remarkably quick mash of all 4 (3 for behind the back) movement buttons, I've quickly stopped even trying myself. I've been able to do those moves accidentally a few times, but never on purpose.

That's one of the things that really piss me off about 2K11. Why couldn't they just let you choose which control scheme you want to use (I'm 90% sure they do on the consoles) is beyond me. Especially since one of the buttons replacing the crossover and spin ones is a completely useless fake pass.
Spree#8

Postby T-MAC-power on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:54 am

You're right spree. Why are 2ksports trying to pissing us off? It can easily be implemented on keyboard just like old NBA Live series and it would be awesome! Shame!
T-MAC-power

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:56 pm

It basically comes down to the PC platform not being a priority, the games are designed for dual analog controllers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 am

T-MAC-power wrote:It can easily be implemented on keyboard just like old NBA Live series and it would be awesome!

No need to go as far back in time as the PC Live games. It was implemented on the keyboard in 2K9 and 2K10 as well.
T-MAC-power wrote:Why are 2ksports trying to pissing us off?

Looking at their current marketing tactics, alternate control schemes might soon end up as a pre-order bonus, a DLC or as a very hyped feature of the game.

It was the same with legends. They took all the legends who didn't have any history with Jordan out of the game for 2K11 just to return them as a main selling point of the game for 2K12. Blacktop was taken out of 2K12 and returned as a DLC. For 2K13, All-Star Weekend is a PS3/360 pre-order bonus.
Andrew wrote:It basically comes down to the PC platform not being a priority, the games are designed for dual analog controllers.

Which doesn't address the fact that they could easily make everyone happy by allowing us to select the control scheme we want to use. And - once again - I might be wrong about this, but I think such an option is there on the consoles. And I believe it wouldn't be the most difficult thing ever to carry over to the PC version. But then again, the same goes for the 2K11 menus which turned out to be too much of a challenge for 2K to port to the PC game and we were stuck with weird 2K10 menus for another year.
Spree#8

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 pm

True. But like I said, the PC version isn't a priority, thus it doesn't receive as much attention.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:07 pm

So I grabbed my Xbox version of the game, backed up my user profile (which decides the control scheme you're using) then changed the control scheme to one of the alternates and saved it. Then I did a compare to find the location of what needed to be changed in the PC file to change the control scheme.

The PC version will load the modified user profile, but will crash when trying to do any gameplay, for any of the 3 alternate files.

So there is no way to do it for the PC version, get a controller if you want the full experience.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Spree#8 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 am

Too bad. Thanks for the try though.
Spree#8

Postby T-MAC-power on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 am

I want to ask, is the problem mentioned by me still existent in Nba 2k12 or forthcoming 13?

Won't i be able to do crossover, spin move, pro hoop, backdown etc with a single keypress via keyboard even in Nba 2k12 or 13?

I'm not able to get the rim without these on my notebook!

Thanks!
T-MAC-power

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:01 am

nope, you can do them but its difficult, no button
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA 2K11