Happy 10th Birthday, NBA 2K11!

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Happy 10th Birthday, NBA 2K11!

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Monday the 5th marked the tenth anniversary of the release of NBA 2K11! Obviously it's a game that's still held in very high regard - rightfully so - and that's the reason why a few of us still have interest in creating mods for it.

To celebrate the occasion, I've posted an in-depth retrospective of the game for this week's Wayback Wednesday: NBA 2K11 Retrospective

Monday marked the tenth anniversary of NBA 2K11, so I feel a retrospective is only appropriate. Before we get to that though, the fact that ten years have passed since the release of NBA 2K11 is, for me at least, mind-blowing. It doesn't feel like a whole decade has gone by since basketball gamers were sinking their teeth into a title that many still consider to be one of the best (if not the best) hoops games ever made. Like NBA Live 2000 before it, it's managed to hold a special place in our hearts long past its release, because it was such a great game for its time.

Of course, being a great game for its time doesn't necessarily mean that it's still the benchmark, which raises a few questions: just how good is NBA 2K11, and how well does it hold up? What makes it so special that a vocal contingent of basketball gamers opine that no game since has been able to top it? They're pertinent questions for an NBA 2K11 retrospective to explore, so let's take a look back...way back...

Feel free to reminisce about NBA 2K11 here! And if you can help out with some of our projects, feel free to head on over to the Modding section for more details. ;)

Also, a few other Wayback Wednesday features covering NBA 2K11:

The Jordan Challenge in NBA 2K11
Finishing The Jordan Challenge
25 Years Since Michael Jordan Said “I’m Back”
Michael Jordan in NBA 2K11
Jordan Challenge Highlight Reel
Reimagining The Jordan Challenge
Jordan Challenge vs NBA’s Greatest
Creating a Legend in NBA 2K11
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator