Turnovers

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Turnovers

Postby Murat on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

So I decided to play franchise mode with my favorite team, New York Knicks. 12 minute quarters and Superstar level puts up all these: realistic stats, decent scoring, great flow of game, wide range of animatons. I set up plays and find consecutive baskets. Players apply their counterparts at real life; for instance Kendrick Perkins is really slow that fails to even jump for the ball. Amar'e Stoudemire can dunk easily due to his athleticism. Shane Battier is a great sniper when his upfront is empty. Or I can see Nate Robinson tipping the pass but failing to catch the ball due to his size. Guys like Greg Oden and Shaquille O'Neal experience their disadvantage of speed.

However, one thing annoyed me so much that I had to exit the game; turnovers. This game makes you set plays to score, but it's so easy to lose the ball. Via stealing, via interception. This is insane. Around the third quarter I had like 15 turnovers or something. Don't know if it's my failure to set up passes but this is annoying. It seems like it was NBA Live 2003. That game had huge turnover rates too.

Any solutions for this? Should I play with game sliders, or is this a game bug?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Turnovers

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 pm

It's an issue that persists to this day: the CPU is very good at interceptions, even seemingly making use of telepathic (or indeed, telekinetic) abilities to pick off passes. You've got to be really careful about your passes in NBA 2K11. Making use of the fake pass can work sometimes, though it's more effective against another user than the AI (but still worth a try). Other than that, playing around with the sliders might also be a viable solution, if you can find a setting that works just right.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 am

To be honest, I think one of the features that made me move backwards from 2k14 to 2k11 was how "smart" the AI intercepts passes. I feel like it adds more strategy on how the player can properly make difficult passes without losing the possession.
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Murat on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:13 am

So I played a few more games, therefore they ended with figuring TO thing out. I realized that this game forces you to do few more things; protect the ball, and share the ball. Actually I led the game in two occasions, but failed to complete them, due to closing up my laptop at one instance to give a break and my battery got ended at other one. Both caused game to close itself. Sad.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K11