Post Play Tutorial

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Post Play Tutorial

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:46 am

Latest gameplay tutorial from EA Sports:

phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNd2ZhdtmKY
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Post Play Tutorial

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 pm

There was a minor update on the game today, looks like it fixed some AI issues, and the user pump faking problem. that's all I noticed, but the CPU does run plays now rather than scoring off the spinning baseline cheat move. Nothing really noticeable though
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:28 pm

I'll have to fire up the game sometime today and check it out. If the issue with loose balls on pump fakes has indeed been addressed, that's good news as it was definitely unbalanced in favour of the CPU.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 am

I'm still losing the ball a little too much on pump fakes in the post, so if that has been tuned it could probably stand to be tuned a little further.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 am

Andrew wrote:I'm still losing the ball a little too much on pump fakes in the post, so if that has been tuned it could probably stand to be tuned a little further.

I think this game some how resets itself, because yesterday the controls were all laggy, and now today, buttons are more precise, and the game is much faster. I did notice the problem with the head fakes when I played it today, but right after the update went through I went and did all that stuff and it was fine.

Unless every time you connect to the EA servers there's new stuff added, either that or there's no consistency when you play with different teams or players
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 am

It could come down to ratings as well. I was doing the Greg Oden BIG Moment and losing the ball when trying to fake out Gortat to get by him for the dunk, so it could just be that players who aren't that adept at handling the ball are losing the ball a little too much. Either way, I think it still needs to be tuned somewhat.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14