Checking Roster Data Issue?

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Checking Roster Data Issue?

Postby JaoSming on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:49 am

Anyone else getting this issue? Any time I try to enter a gamemode I get stuck on the "Checking Roster Data" and/or "Downloading Roster Data 100%" from anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes.

Like right now, I made sure the servers were up - https://help.ea.com/en/nba-live/nba-live-14 - and booted the game.
10 seconds for connection,
7s checking roster data #1,
22s to download roster data,
2:33 checking roster data going into quick play,
backed out and tried again,
1:50 to go back into quick play,
backed out and tried again,
2:40 to go into quick play,

backed out, Live Season, Big Moments, and UT loaded almost instantly. Went back to Quick Play and got a ce-34878-0 crash.

Been talking with EA support, had me wipe my local files. I tried reinstalling, nothing is helping. Is anyone else getting this issue?

PS4 Digital Version
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Checking Roster Data Issue?

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 am

Been on the lookout for it since you first mentioned you were having some issues along those lines, but it hasn't happened to me yet. I did have one crash after the latest title update was installed but since then, no problems. Will post here if I encounter the issue.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Checking Roster Data Issue?

Postby jyoung on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:23 am

This issue started for me after the 1.03 patch.

The initial load to the home screen doesn't take too long. Maybe a minute or two at most.

But once I try to load up any game mode, it is taking about 10-15 minutes just to get past the "Checking Roster Data" screen.

I am playing the PS4 disc version.
jyoung

Return to NBA Live 14