That is One FULLY Featured Demo, wow.

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

That is One FULLY Featured Demo, wow.

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:51 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/ ... ovember-19
The first PS4 demo for NBA Live 14 releases November 19 in the U.S., followed by an Xbox One version on November 22, and worldwide PS4 demo on November 29.

The demo features full games in Tip-Off mode and additional challenges such as buzzer beaters and full-quarter challenges. The demo can be played online and off, and lets players choose between teams including the New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City Thunder or Cleveland Cavaliers.

The demo will also feature NBA Live's new mode, Ultimate Team. This places players in the shoes of a fantasy dream team and, for demo purposes, presents different challenges against super teams with unbalanced rosters.

The rosters and player stats will be updated on each of the demos, and will continue to be updated after release. NBA Live 14 releases November 19 for PS4 and Xbox One.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: That is One FULLY Featured Demo, wow.

Postby formx on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 pm

I take it that a lot of people won't buy this game and instead would play online with the demo. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:54 pm

formyhunny wrote:I take it that a lot of people won't buy this game and instead would play online with the demo. :lol:

LOL good point. but those teams suck, i'd pay to be able to play as the other teams.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby julsnice on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Strike 1: Make a shitty bball game
:facepalm:
Strike 2: Decide not to release your game day 1 of next gen system release, then let your game leak to retailers early and get sold
Strike 3: Release a full featured demo

It...it's like they WANT it to fail miserably...They took a 3 yr break just to piss this opportunity away

Even if the game was GOOD, releasing a demo would be a bad idea. Now, all their cards will be on the table for all to see, and their hand sux ass
(N)
julsnice

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I think EA did right with releasing a full feature demo. They are putting the choice fully in the consumer's hands if they want to pay for the extras and another better alternative to COMBATING PIRACY. Hard to believe it's EA that would do something good like this.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:06 pm

This is a test for the microtransactions and DLC setup for Live 15.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby z_dize on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Saw some clips on YouTube today. My thoughts in three phrases.

"Well, I'm not missing anything"
"Presentation and commentary ( (mis)timing of dialogue to what's happening on court ) is so EA"

lastly, "Go 2K!"
z_dize

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 pm

So everyone knows, PSN Store updates at 5-6pm EST. So about 9-10 hours from this post. The demo and digital game will not be available until then.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA Live 14