Twitter Chat #2 With Sean O'Brien

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Twitter Chat #2 With Sean O'Brien

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 am

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/status/ ... 6513582080

Go Go Go

@EASPORTSNBA @seanobs will the controls feel like #NBALive10
.@DirtyJerz32 The controls are reminiscent of LIVE 10 but much deeper.

Fucking Brilliant, 2nd question in, and we get a 2K14 answer....
is anyone going to buy your game after how amazing 2k14 looked?
@mbrink12 As expected, 2K14 looked good. I'm curious to see how it translates to 5v5 gameplay.

2 Answers about future stuff coming...

what can we expect out of nba live?
.@Ajharper79 An authentic 5v5 gameplay experience that sets the foundation for the future of our basketball video games.

New gameplay coming each week until launch

Do you really think #NBALIVE14 has a chance over #NBA2K14 ,If so why?
@NBA2KGeneral Of course. To name a few - Our fresh take on 5v5 gameplay & commitment to connected consumer throughout the entire NBA season.

Ultimate Team Blog next week

We will see raw gameplay before release

Authentic player responsiveness and Signature Styles makes Live 14 better than "other basketball games"

were the screenshots that you dropped a further along build than the gameplay that you guys showed?
@WITHOUT_APACK Nope, they are all captured from the same build.

what is something NBA Live has now that it didn't have before ?? What makes it standout ?
.@LiNDi412 Depth of Signature Styles, player movement, team differentiation, control and authentic responsiveness.

[Next Gen] Memory and processing power to provide more individuality to the players in-game.

I would encourage you to not judge everything off of one trailer and form your opinion once you've played the game.

We'll be announcing our ESPN talent roster shortly

Every team has their own authentic playbook. We'll be updating throughout the year as coaches change their schemes.

We think you'll be pleasantly surprised with post play in #NBALIVE14 Jay.

in the future trailers, are we going to see more gameplay on the defensive side is the ball?
@randywright79 It's tough to showcase defense and four-man rotations in a highlight video but we'll do our best moving forward.

We give you more manual control with passing than we ever have.

What part of the gameplay do you think players will enjoy the most?
@Pat_twats I think you guys will really enjoy using your favorite players' Signature Styles. Different moves, speeds, and reactions.

the in-game fans in 2K suck thats something you guys always had better will you still keep that a high level like previous yrs?
@LiNDi412 Yup, we put a great amount of focus into what our crowds look like and their behavior in each unique arena setting.

This week is on Gameplay
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Twitter Chat #2 With Sean O'Brien

Postby DIRK41NOWITZKI on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:07 am

We'll be announcing our ESPN talent roster shortly

Something about that "shortly" makes me think that they'll release it today. If he meant another day he would have said soon.
DIRK41NOWITZKI

Postby DIRK41NOWITZKI on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:15 am

My excitement was built up and then crushed immediately.... :wall: Why @seanobs why!?!?!?!
DIRK41NOWITZKI

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 am

that, sucked. No real info at all,
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 am

JaoSming wrote:that, sucked. No real info at all,

Steve OS tweeted on Friday that Ultimate Team information was coming today (Monday), I guess they weren't ready, so they had to do a quick chat to stall the info a bit!!! That's all these chats do for me anyways. They know we want to see raw 5v5 game play and not trailers!! It's up to them on when they want to release it and not keep talking about it
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

Couple of tidbits there; I guess they want to show rather than tell, which is understandable. I'm assuming it'll be Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy on commentary again, it wouldn't make much sense to have anyone else.

Even if we didn't get a whole lot of good nuggets of info out of this one, I find the interaction far more encouraging than the silence of last year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Make it simple. There's no need to cut or produce. Record and show full games.
fjccommish

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:04 pm

ESPN talent roster makes it sounds like there's more than breen & JVG. Bill simmons & Jalen Rose in the studio??
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby DIRK41NOWITZKI on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:33 am

Qballer wrote:ESPN talent roster makes it sounds like there's more than breen & JVG. Bill simmons & Jalen Rose in the studio??

As much as I hate Bill Simmons(I'm guessing most of you do too), that would be so awesome. It's something I've always wanted to see in a basketball video game. Commentators discussing the game while it shows some highlights and stats. It's been done in Madden so it's not too far off.
DIRK41NOWITZKI

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 pm

I don't hate Bill Simmons myself - I quite enjoyed his Book of Basketball - but at times his chemistry with the other guys in the ESPN crew isn't that great.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby chicagoRAW on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 am

Don't hate Bill Simmons at all. He's a smart dude. He hired a bunch of smart people for Grantland. It's quite refreshing from the usual ESPN blow hards. I'm also enjoying Bill's and Jalen's NBA preview.
chicagoRAW

Return to NBA Live 14