How EA SPORTS Can Save Its Basketball Brand – Part #1: Featu

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

How EA SPORTS Can Save Its Basketball Brand – Part #1: Featu

Postby 22cedric on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:25 am

22cedric

Re: How EA SPORTS Can Save Its Basketball Brand – Part #1: F

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am

Great points by Corey there. I feel that NBA Live 14 has to do at least one offline mode really well, preferably a revamped Dynasty Mode as it's the most complete one they have, while introducing a solid single player career mode along the lines of MyCAREER (Be A Pro/Become Legendary). In terms of quality and depth, they're not going to match what MyCAREER has done right away, but they are probably closer to being able to catch up to Association.

Leaving us with too few choices as far as game modes are concerned or trying to do too much and having several game modes feel incomplete would be the wrong way to go. I'd prefer the middle road, having a few solid modes that can all be built upon, with one mode serving as something of a flagship mode and receiving most of the focus so that it's up to scratch (or much closer to it). Once it's at a point where it needs minimal tweaks and innovation, at least in the short term, attention can shift to other game modes.

I'm still more of an offline gamer, but completely agree with all the points regarding online modes. Past NBA Live games and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition have done online really well, so that's certainly an area where EA can re-establish its basketball brand and win back some fans.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Great article by Corey i'm looking forward to part 2 on gameplay.
22cedric

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:17 am

Nice read, made me feel like it's 2011/12 again as I wait in excitement and anticipation for EA's upcoming basketball game and that feeling of hope that no way EA will repeat the same mistake they did with Elite 11 or countless foundation changes to the Live games back then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA Live 14