NEW NBA ELITE 11 Hands On Preview Gamespot

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

NEW NBA ELITE 11 Hands On Preview Gamespot

Postby ESB CrowBonez on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 am

CLICK on the link
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266744/nb ... t-hands-on '

What do you think on the shooting mechanics :?:
FUTURE FINALS MVP
.:KD:. .:ICE:.

JAMES HARDEN
ESB CrowBonez

Re: NEW NBA ELITE 11 Hands On Preview Gamespot

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 am

I'm liking the sound of it so far, though given how we're used to moving the right stick in all directions for the dribbling controls I think it could take a little while to master. I can see myself making full use of the tutorials in the practice gym to get acquainted with all the moves, the timing and the sensitivity of the stick on shot attempts and breaking the habit of moving the stick up to perform a spin move.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hotwater10 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Ohhh, Real time physics forced Brandon Jennings to have a unrealist hair cut and a right handed shot.
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm

I don't think we should be too concerned about mistakes like that in an early build. I'd expect that kind of polish to be added in later stages of development.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby wabenne on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Enough with the controls already I think we get the idea, I can understand wanting to make sure the customers understand the new control but tell us about something esle depth wise in the game. Dynasty Mode? Is All-Star week back? What updates on Graphics? so on and so forth its only so much you can tell me about the ls and rs as far as controls I want to hear about gameplay, game depth, game replay value. Guess I'm impatient lol
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:39 pm

That information will be made available in good time. Right now, that's all EA is talking about though and fair enough too, those are the big changes to the core gameplay experience this year and it's good to have those details.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby wabenne on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 pm

yea Andrew that is true guess I"m just a lil worried that they have given so much attention here that the depth of the game would be loss another year
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm mindful of that too which is why I was kind of relieved to see game modes mentioned in the GameSpoy Q&A earlier this month. However, it's very early in the preview "season", these are the big new things they want to promote and discuss before getting into the other details. If it gets to September and we haven't heard anything about Dynasty then I'll certainly feel a bit troubled.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14