What i think NBA Live 11 needs

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

What i think NBA Live 11 needs

Postby dascoot on Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am

here are some things i think NBA Live 11 needs.

1) Multiplayer Dynasty Mode- 2k is way ahead on this and this should have been done years ago. I hope they do this this year.

2) Season Mode- I would like to be able to user control all the teams because I have to play 2 k just to be able to play against him.

3) Trade more than 3 players- I would like to be able to trade up to six players at a time

4) More in depth scouting- I would like to know more about the players who are coming up in the draft like are they good at defense, rebounding, 3pt shooting.

5) Draft List- in dynasty mode you see a draft list from the starting season to the current year on the dynasty you are on.

6) D- League

7) Superstars where they would like to be traded to if they are sick of being on your team

8) Save During The Offseason- I really hate that they don't have this yet. I felt this should have been implented at least since 2008 or 2009..

9) Rookies Talk- Have the announcer talk about the upcoming rookies

10) First and last name listed in the mock draft of the rookies- I hate seeing something like N. Legrand for example it's to me really annoying.

I also wonder sometimes in the makers of NBA live actually read what i have to say. I do know that if would take a while to get all my suggestions into the game in one year but the biggest to me is the saving during the offseason and the multiplayer dynasty mode. I feel that in some ways 2K series is more closer real to the NBA. Now if we could only combine the parts I like in NBA live and the parts I like in 2K into one game that would make a real kickbutt basketball game.
Last edited by dascoot on Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dascoot

Re: What i think NBA Live 11 needs

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2010 9:40 am

Sounds good to me, though I'd also add an improved sim engine and trading logic as two major areas of concern in Dynasty Mode.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby paulmartin483 on Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm

dascoot wrote:here are some things i think NBA Live 11 needs.

1) Multiplayer Dynasty Mode- 2k is way ahead on this and this should have been done years ago. I hope they do this this year.

2) Season Mode- I would like to be able to user control all the teams because I have to play 2 k just to be able to play against him.

3) Trade more than 3 players- I would like to be able to trade up to six players at a time

4) More in depth scouting- I would like to know more about the players who are coming up in the draft like are they good at defense, rebounding, 3pt shooting.

5) Draft List- in dynasty mode you see a draft list from the starting season to the current year on the dynasty you are on.

6) D- League

7) Superstars where they would like to be traded to if they are sick of being on your team

I was read your all the thought about the NBA 2011. It was wonder if It would be build six player and also use it in the game. So the competion between the player was increase. So It was interesting. I wish that It would be come with all the feature which you have to specified.
paulmartin483

Postby wabenne on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:29 am

Here is what I would like to see I think it would add great depth to the game My 10list

1.) NBA Tryouts for D-league players-Meaning you play like a 20:00 quarter or maybe 2 quarters and before the game you pick the player you are scouting and based on teh position that you picked or player that you picked the coach tell you what he's looking for like if you picked the pg the coach would say looking to see 15pt 7asst no more then 2 turnovers and 5 rebounds. And so if the pg didn't get that during the game he wouldn't get signed but if he did then you have the option to sign him. I would only let these be avialable to play 3 times during a season so u can't just overflood the team with D-league players and then it builds excitement about you getting the particular stats cause u only have 3 different times to do it

2.) Upgrade the Training-Allow options in the training like One-on-One, and 3on3 practices. Based on these training types players are upgraded based on there performace. Also in training have different drills like 3point shootout not for competition but bring the racks out for practice. I think before every game the team should have like a 3or5 min practice session preparing for that team of course this would have the option to skip if u didn't want to play that session. Maybe even add lifting weights during offseason and conditioning games

3.) Pick the amount of games you want to play in a season or dynasty)-While I like to play a whole NBA season I also didn't mind when they gave u the option to play 29 games or 50games or the whole NBA season. I think just that option is good to have

4.) We definetly need better post moves and better control. while I like the fact that in "10 u couldn't just dribble in the paint if it was clog or run through players sometimes u just lost the ball to easy. Post players really didn't have configurations for different moves I would like to see that upgraded

5.) Dribbling annimations were a big plus lets just continue to get better with those becasue they are already great

6. have a button after Lebron or Kobe make a shot or dunk or something where if you press it right after they can look like they trash talking or pumping hand, or raising up the crowd not really looking for a cut scene although that might be the best way to focus in on the player but if it could happen in the flow of the game while that player is controlled that would be great

7. Definetly need to upgrade the states and make them more realistic Durant, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Dirk should generally be averaging 27-30 not 23 and 24 for a season.

8. Allstar weekened with the dunk contest and 3 pointshoot out and even the skills shootout where u bring in older players and maybe even the WNBA players to play and shoot the shots and the halfcourt shot. It would be cool to be able to unlock people like David Robinson to come back for allstar weekend. Maybe even implement H.O.R.S.E. in the game, probably no dunking but shooting. Either Way we def need more then just the 4 quarter games especially if your going to make us play the whole season in Dynasty mode bring back that excitement.

9. Have pre-game and post game interviews wither u loose or win. Create a system where questions are asked and u get to pick rather u avoid, happy, mad, frustrated (something like that) and based on what you pick that determines how the player responds. Now only problem I guess with this would be getting the players actually voices. So you could actually just having the wording of the players respond. Or maybe an announcer, and press can be audible but the players response be written. Just need some kind of interaction from player beyond the game because they makes more real because one thing about the game it being able to read and hear what the players are saying before and after the game.

10.) A List where you have a 3or5 man race to MVP, Rookie of the Year, 6man of the year, Most improved, defensive players of the year, so you can see if your in the they top five or out. And basically your placement is where u will end up so if you are number 2 in the race for MVP going into the last 3 games you better play your heart out to get into number 1 spot.

What do you guys think
wabenne

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Sounds good to me, I'm all for depth and customisation in Dynasty Mode.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14