Juza NBA 2K11 beta roster - for only gameplay purpose thread

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Juza NBA 2K11 beta roster - for only gameplay purpose thread

Postby juza09 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 am

This thread has the only goal to focus the share the overall nba 2k11 knowledge through the pc community users thanks to the hard work of the greatest roster editors.
I used 12/12/2010 2k roster as a base off taking infos from hoopdata and shaking every datas to obtain a new formula scale analyzing the related shot locations for each team.
Changed playbooks for each team getting more isos and high post plays for most of the superstar.
Coach profiles edited by nogster.

Shot Tendency = FGA p/40 * 4.49 ( thanks to Col18)

Touches = Usage% - (USG%) - http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx - Just plug that into the Touches Column

Tendencies
Per 40 Mins

Inside: HoopData at Rim * 10
Close: HoopData < 10 Feet * 10
Mid: Hoop Data 10-23 Feet * 10
Threes: HoopData 3PT * 10

besides, "bumping" canned animations have been removed.

http://www.filefront.com/17653500/juza beta roster 0.1.rar

Now teams play as they have to.Stats are accurate.
Don't ask me anything about accessories, headbands, socks,cyberfaces etc..as i told you, my only gripe is to focus my attention on the gameplay side.Please feel free to test it and reports your feedbacks.

Teams completed:
SPURS
LAKERS
CELTICS
BULLS
KNICKS
THUNDER
MAGIC

Rotations will be fixed in further updated.

Stay tuned.

Here we go again ,mates. after spending many hours i come to an end: there are so many glitches to be fixed,once for all "the insane kick out" cpu tendency that affects so many parts of the gameplay:

- superstars ( like TP , melo ,Dwill etc..) drive the lane and if doubled tend always to pass the ball outside on the perimeter for an easy jump shot.
- poor user fouls: cpu kick and drive constantly.
- too many 3 pt cpu attempts due to the mentioned bug.

My first priority is to fix definitely this, reducing drastically this pass-out tendency ( even if it's HARDCODED so we need a patch to make good things happen LOL) and to improve the scoring production of superstars so don't ask me weird questions about shoes, rotations etc...
Basically i re-edited 4 tendencies for almost every PG SUPERSTARS and SF/SG ( PF and C don't drive too much except for Shaq, Dirk, Stoud, Tim etc....):

DRIVE THE LANE
PULL UP
PASS OUT
ATTACK

i think i reached a good balance,try to play against Melo LOL, he definitely beasts you on a mix of pull ups, drives and FTs. I'm just fixing last stuff..hopefully i ' m going to release this pre patch maybe this evening or at least tomorrow around midday.

Now taking a look to the new sliders, they are very good "out of the box" and i think,that's my opinion, most of them need to be left at default..in this way the flow of the game will not be disrupted.
for instance: backdoor cuts have to be set at 50 or not lower than 40: under that number cpu offensive movement become very predictable and stall. linked to the roster i will update a new set of sliders for superstar level..very funny to be played in pure nba style.

stay tuned.

juza " the rebirth"

JUZA ROSTER PRE PATCH RLSD:

- kick out cpu tendency basically fixed ( until a patch come out to fix it definitely)
- increased superstar scoring production and drive the lane tendency: now they are finally dominant...try to play against melo or wade...you will be definitely "rewarded".
- reduced freaky amount of asts
- reduced cpu 3pt consistent shot due to the insane "drive and kick" cpu tendency
-gameplay much smoother and realistic pace tempo.
- superstars sliders related to the new player tendencies.

http://www.filefront.com/14765379/juza% ... roster.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=51cf ... f6e8ebb871

hope you have fun with it.
Last edited by juza09 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
juza09

Re: juza nba 2k10 "the rebirth" roster pre-patch

Postby TC#10 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:03 am

Man you are 100% correct! I've been waiting for someone else to notice this as well and i've been trying to find a way to fix the penetration and kick out problem by CPU star players since i bought the game.

Could you shed some light and tell us what kind of fixes (numbers) did you change in the tendencies b/c i've been editing the star players' tendencies as well but I had no luck reducing the pass out.

Can't wait to try you patch man, if this kick out game gets fixed and superstars finish more often when they penetrate, this game would be the best ever.
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby Jax351 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:08 am

Great News!!!

Looking forward to it.
Jax351

Postby TC#10 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 am

Hey JUZA09 and all, I found the solutions to all our problems regarding the penetration and kick out tendencies of CPU Star players. Everybody can read about it here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... dence.html
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby juza09 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:41 am

TC#10 wrote:Hey JUZA09 and all, I found the solutions to all our problems regarding the penetration and kick out tendencies of CPU Star players. Everybody can read about it here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... dence.html

i tested it ( LBJ - D.WADE-KOBE) ...i think there's no connection between the passing rating system and the pass out-drive the lane tendency. " My d. wade" is beasting me all the time even without lowering his passing ratings which also means a huge decreasing stat on that area....what can i say..maybe it's the flow of the game...as Lebron quotes << I was able to attack at times, draw the defense in and kick it out -- sometimes we made the shots, sometimes we didn't >>.
juza09

Postby justinpot on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:16 am

hey sir juza,good news to hear from you again,hope you'll be patching again (Y)
justinpot

Postby Angelo on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 am

Id be waiting for this :D
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby domidomdomz on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am

this is what i have been waiting for! please release it in 2k share as well sir juza.

btw, can you also fix the ff.

1. It seems like the AI opponent's D is so lame when it comes to pick and roll plays. They tend to stick to and double team the ball handler.

2. AI opponents tend to send double team once your player initiates a post up move in the paint, even if it means freeing another man in the paint.

NBA 2K10 PC and XFire Username: domidomdomz
2KSports Gamertag Profile Page

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Re: juza nba 2k10 "the rebirth" kick out roster pre-patch RLSD

Postby juza09 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:53 am

updated 1st post.

have fun.

juza.
juza09

Postby dreadd41 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks juza (Y) :D Gonna try it out.
dreadd41

Postby Trustpt on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:28 am

Looking good! Tomorrow I'll test it, no doubt. ;)
Trustpt

Postby domidomdomz on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 am

thanks, juza. will try this later when i got home.

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Postby Angelo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:12 am

I will now try this out :D
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby juza09 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 pm

NEXT STEPS:

- rediting coah profiles - fastbreak and run plays
- raising quickness and speed for big men
- refixing sliders in conformity with the new tendencies
- lowering commit fouls for most of the role player rotations: in this way their simmed MPGs will be much closer to what you have set for them in rotations.

juza.
juza09

Postby juza09 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 pm

domidomdomz wrote:this is what i have been waiting for! please release it in 2k share as well sir juza.

btw, can you also fix the ff.

1. It seems like the AI opponent's D is so lame when it comes to pick and roll plays. They tend to stick to and double team the ball handler.

2. AI opponents tend to send double team once your player initiates a post up move in the paint, even if it means freeing another man in the paint.

Hi dom,

glitches you mentioned could only definitely fixed with a patch...you can drastically but not completely reduce them.
My main gripe is that, by now, nothing has been mentioned about this in the patch changelogo and i think that it will take many weeks until a pc patch comes out.
juza09

Postby domidomdomz on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm

^^^ sad to hear that. and yeah you are right, none of those issues were listed in the upcoming patch unless those are implicitly included here:

- A good number of other changes aimed towards increasing user satisfaction have also been made in this release. These will be apparent as you play the game (ex. The referee will now utilize a bounce pass rather than a chest pass when passing the ball to the shooter during free throw situations, plays will now start quicker when the user manually calls a play, etc.).

what's good with the patch news is we might be getting the patch in time with the consoles. http://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/5033494716

domidomdomz

Postby domidomdomz on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:55 pm

btw juza, i tried to DL your file but sendspace is saying file not found. can you please re-up it? or someone who have successfully got it.

http://fs09n5.sendspace.com/dl/19b146a7 ... -patch.rar

domidomdomz

Postby juza09 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 am

domidomdomz wrote:btw juza, i tried to DL your file but sendspace is saying file not found. can you please re-up it? or someone who have successfully got it.

http://fs09n5.sendspace.com/dl/19b146a7 ... -patch.rar

update 1st post.
juza09

Postby fjccommish on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm trying this including the settings and sliders with Lakers v Suns, but in 12 minute quarter (CPU v CPU.)

I just let CPU v CPU play a dozen or so games with Lakers and Cavs vs each other and other teams. Neither Kobe or LeBron ever scored more than 26 points in a game, and that only happened once in a dozen or so games.

So we'll see what this changes.
fjccommish

Postby TC#10 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I tried using this roster as well, played against Wade and the Heat and the cpu played well using Wade. But when I played against Lebron and the Cavs, Lebron was very conservative and did not score much + i saw a couple of times when West set a pick for varejao by the 3pt line and varejao drove to the basket?

So with my experience using this roster, some supersars play like themselves but other superstars don't play realistically.
TC#10

Postby fjccommish on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Just played out the first game with the roster and settings found here: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=69620&start=0

It was Lakers over the Suns in Los Angeles 123-117

Kobe's line: 39 min 32/5/7 with one steal on 13-22 shooting, 1-2 from the 3. He was also 5-7 from the line. From what I saw of the game and the highlights Kobe didn't break anyone down on the dribble for a drive. His points were jump shots or points in the paint off passes from the perimeter.

When the moon's in the sky like a big pizza pie that's Amare Stoudemire played 40 minutes: 29/10/3 on 13-17 shooting and 3-4 from the line.

Gasol had 23/13/7 for the Lakers as their #2 scorer. Nash had 17 assists while Fisher had 15.

Next game will be a rematch of this one and then Cavs vs Suns.
fjccommish

Postby juza09 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

TC#10 wrote:I tried using this roster as well, played against Wade and the Heat and the cpu played well using Wade. But when I played against Lebron and the Cavs, Lebron was very conservative and did not score much + i saw a couple of times when West set a pick for varejao by the 3pt line and varejao drove to the basket?

So with my experience using this roster, some supersars play like themselves but other superstars don't play realistically.

Well thx for your feedbacks....LBJ re -editing progress.
juza09

Postby TC#10 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:19 am

No problem man, we all just want 2K10 to play as realistic as possible (it has potential to be a great game if the pass-out issue is fixed).

BTW can you share your theories on how you change your tendencies? I noticed that for some players your "Drive the Lane" and "Pull Up" tendencies sometimes don't add up to 100, and some are equal to 100 and as well as your "Pass Out" and "Attack".
TC#10

Postby justinpot on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:48 am

also try to look at the thunder sir juza,i was playing as lakers against the young thunder,and i'm throwing proper passes,but they keep finding a way and stealing it,go for a fastbreak,and when my defense is set,they always go for alley oops and they end up finishin,i ended up in a dissapointing loss of around a 15 point defecit
justinpot

Postby juza09 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:00 am

justinpot wrote:also try to look at the thunder sir juza,i was playing as lakers against the young thunder,and i'm throwing proper passes,but they keep finding a way and stealing it,go for a fastbreak,and when my defense is set,they always go for alley oops and they end up finishin,i ended up in a dissapointing loss of around a 15 point defecit

i've already noticed it don't worry.....after testing a while i come to an end: most of the sliders must be kept at default....

next improvment steps:

- fast break
- inside shot
- game tempo
- quick speed and defensive awareness improved for C and PF

take care.

juza
juza09

Next

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding