Tutorial - Creating your own alternate jersey patch (1 way)

Resources for NBA Live 2003.

Tutorial - Creating your own alternate jersey patch (1 way)

Postby nba2kstuff on Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:24 am

hello friends!

the host site housing the nba2kstuff stuff is down for maintaince 24 or so hours i was told. my apolgizes for the delays in fixing and making links!

in the interim, i have put togther a brief tutorial instruction for one way to create a jersey patch installation using some new tools from nba2kstuff this year for 2003 nba game!

the DT8889 jersey example is the model that can be easily customized to support your jerseys (such as additional sunday jerseys (like white lakers)) or the classic retro jerseys (which are the best lol!)

a few steps are required to be done to make your own similar install. Basically, you need to create your graphic jersey. then edit 2 TEXT files (MYPATCH.BAT, .\DB\TEAMGEAR.TXT). then copy your graphic files (named correctly) into the proper folders in your patch. zip it up, and done!

here are the detailed steps:
----------------------------

1 - create your graphics jersey (HOME,AWAY,CLASSIC) FSH files! good luck! for example let us use, PDCL03.FSH, PDCL03_NUM.FSH for Philadelphia classic!

2 - extract the DT88 patch, remove the jersey graphics located in .\render\xteam, and replace with yours. it should appear like this:
Code: Select all
.\bin            
.\db                       
.\render\xteam     <- remove graphics files here, and replace with yours

3 - you must select a unique ID for your new TEAMGEAR database ID for this jersey. in our example let's pick 130. examine your TEAMGEAR.DBF for these ID fields to find one unique.

4 - edit the .\db\teamgear.txt. be very careful editing this file. it is a TAB delimited text file. you must edit it with MS Excel or a special editor like UltraEdit. notepad will not work!
a) edit the first record, and replace the ID field with your unique ID. our
example is 130.
b) make sure TEAM is set to your TEAM id to add this jerset for. 20 = PD = philadelpha in our example
c) make sure SHPNAME is set to the name of your jersey file. here it is CL03 for PDCL03.FSH in our example.
you final edit shuld be like this:

5 - edit mypatch.BAT, and put in your jersey ID as follows:
<< edit mypatch.BAT
Code: Select all
set JERSEYID=130

call .\bin\dojersey

<< done editting mypatch.BAT

that is it. zip up your patch and post.

users need only download, unzip, and click on INSTALL to insert your patch. UNISTALL should remove it also!

pretty easy when you get the hang of it! users don't need any big or complicated programs to install and run your gfx now in the game!

-----------------

Andrew, you can make this a sticky if you wish and i will post back here to answer or help if anyone wishes to learn how to use the new tools & setup like this. i hope others who can figure it out and wish to help others will do it!! i am very busy, but can try to help a few people, who i hope can help & teach everyone else who wishes to learn!
i will look into making other simple installations to automate other graphics patch types when time and if interest!

thanks and continue the excellent patching all!
nba2kstuff

Postby MJ_realm on Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:20 pm

Nice one Don! :)
MJ_realm

Postby DreamTim on Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:02 am

You better write tutorial how to edit courts in NBA 2003.
DreamTim

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:09 pm

does that mean you can add more jerseys?
MaD_hAND1e

Postby nba2kstuff on Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:47 am

yes :)

using this approach, you should be able to Add new alternate (like classic, etc) jerseys to the game to all the rosters. then you can pick it in "select jersey" Option before the game.

i will try to make some more examples with some Vinlex or others cool classic jerseys so there are more easy examples to look at.

also, it seems you CAN use notepad to edit that teamgear.txt if you are very careful! (always remember to be careful and diligent when modifying system files!)

yeah, if i had some good 83 sixers jerseys gfxs i could make a nice example installation (of my favorite team) ;)!

also, if there is a problem with the INSTALL.BAT with the examples, let me know, so we can fix it to work for everyone (if time permits and possible)!

thx again & peace!
nba2kstuff

Postby metz on Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:54 am

and also can you post jersey tutorial from scratch many are requesting of it.. :roll: thnks. :)
metz

tutorials

Postby bornok on Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:15 pm

hello
im looking for live 2003 tutorials (patching esp face patching)
i already know how to do it in 2001 live.

please post some thread if any. thanks.

or mail me if no published/posted tutorials yet.

bornokjudak@yahoo.com
bornok

help

Postby Cameron on Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:26 am

I did every thing in the instructions to install your Detroit patch...

The output in the dos prompt repeatdly says
bad command or file name

What's the deal?
Bin and DB folders are there. Everything seems to be where it should be.
But no jerseys.
Cameron

Postby raptors6thman on Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:02 pm

i just want to add some practice jerseys to my raptors. do i have to also create numbers for them? what do i do if i just want no name or numbers to show on my jerseys?
raptors6thman

Postby Cameron on Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:55 am

Hey everybody...
if you are installing additional jerseys to teams, I really think you should check out this site...
http://qweet.bigmoron.com

Trust me
Cameron

Postby insomnia_10 on Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:08 pm

how do you change the jerseys for the 5 on 5 outdoor patch?
insomnia_10

Postby payaso on Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:37 pm

I don't want that number in front of the jersey...i dnt want the number to messed up with the logo. HOw can i do that?
Where can i edit that or what is the code in the teamgear..?
Reply pls.....
payaso

Postby jhowlett on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:54 am

I did everything you've said and I can even see it on the select jerseys menu. But when it starts to load, half way through it crashes. Help!
jhowlett

Postby Dumbass0429 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:21 pm

hmm... i'm new here... and apparently i'm one of the latest to find this nice nice forum... hope people can still recognize my existence and problem....

i downloaded several NEW jerseys (Not New Jersey)... did exactly what was taught in the beginning... inserted the numbers required... but after i saved and opened it again... it disappeared... it's like it didn't allow me to add more...
Dumbass0429

Re: Tutorial - Creating your own alternate jersey patch (1 way)

Postby Dachone on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:13 am

how to move numbers a little more up?
Dachone

Return to NBA Live 2003 Tutorials & FAQs