NBA Live 2005-08 Generic Face List

Resources for NBA Live 06.

Postby Andrew on Fri May 04, 2018 2:49 am

I've posted a list of the generic faces included in NBA Live 2005-08 for generated players, complete with the PLAYERPKG, skin tone values, and an example screenshot, here in the Wiki:

Basically, it can be used as a reference if you want to use any of the generic faces for fictional rosters, placeholders until you've got a proper player face, or edit a generated rookie. Feel free to suggest any edits if you find mismatches with the skin tone, though I believe they're all accurate. A couple of the white player faces could possibly fit better with skin tone 1 rather than skin tone 0, so let me know what you think.

Please note that from PLYR076 onwards in NBA Live 07 and NBA Live 08, the faces don't have an alpha layer, which will cause them to be very shiny. If you want to use them, I'd suggest extracting them first and adding an alpha layer. You can find a guide to that here. Note that this isn't an issue in NBA Live 2005 or NBA Live 06.

For placeholder faces, I'd recommend extracting the face and headshape files from plyrface.viv and plyrlodb.viv respectively, and renaming them to the PLAYERPKG you intend to use. That way, they can be easily overwritten by the proper faces when you have them. As mentioned above, you'll also need to extract them if you want to add an alpha layer. The easiest way to export .fsh and .ebo files from .viv archives is to use the EA Graphics Editor. Just open the .viv file, locate the file you want to extract, click the Extract button (or choose it from the File menu) and follow the prompts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06 Tutorials & FAQs