NBA Live 07 (current gen) FSS Ability Cheat Sheet

Resources for NBA Live 07.

Postby L10 on Sun May 13, 2007 7:23 am

also there is a mistake with the outside stopper ... just with 70 in steal - 75 in def awar - 75 quik. u have it
SIGNATURE SKILLS POLLS :
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=93732

L10

Postby BigMx on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Well first of all Hi everyone. yeah this is my first post but I've been a long time reader of these forums for years now. In fact I was once registered and posted before but just can't remember my old s/n or password....so here i am with a new one.

Anyway, it has just bugged me for a good 6 months or however long it's been to read this particular thread knowing that I have information that can help clear up some things.

Basically, much respect to the OP and good work. However, the Superstar ratings are all completely wrong.

The reason why everyone is posting that they are finding different values for what you need to become a Superstar is because there is no such value like there is to simply become a freestyle star.

Basically I found that it works the following way....

There is a minimum value for each stat you need for each FSS type in order to unlock or allow a player to become a simple Star player (blue circle under player while playing on court).

After that minimum value has been reached for each stat, to become a Superstar you only need to have spent a certain amount of points total in those 3 stats (in any combinations so as long as it equals the required additional points needed) and you can have any amount so as long as you don't go below the minimum requirement to be a Star player. You can exceed the additional value needed also and it doesn't affect the player at all.

For example, let's look at inside scorer...

the minimum values to become a star inside scorer are....

FG = 75
Ins. Score = 80
Off. Awr = 80

if you have 75, 80, 79...then the player won't become a star player because he won't meet the minimum requirement for Off. Awr.

Now for that player to become a superstar inside scorer instead of just a star inside scorer, he does not have to have 90 inside scoring and 90 off awr.

Instead you must spend a total of 20 additional points in any combination of the 3 skills used to become a Freestyle Star player.

so the following different combinations will always produce a Freestyle Superstar so as long as none of the 3 skills go below the minimum values...

75, 85, 95
80, 90, 85
90, 95, 80
77, 83, 95
76, 80, 99

All of the above combinations are 20 points above the minimum requirements and will produce a freestyle superstar player. If you have less than 20 additional points, then the player will remain a Star player until you get that last point or that 20th point above the minimum requirement and each stat (FG, Ins. Scor and Off. Awr.) all meet the minimum requirements.

For inside scorer the total of the 3 stats comes to 235 and so you must spend or have a player who has a total of 255 points spent in those 3 skills while maintaining minimum values for each skill.

that's basically how all freestyle superstar types are determined.

However, they don't all have the same required additional points above the minimum values. So I spent figured them out. Basically I took two days time and changed every single stat on a player by one point each in every combination possible or that showed me a specific pattern and how the points relate to star and star players. This is how I came up with the following minimum points you need to spend for each FSS type to become a Superstar player and also the minimum values for each skill to become a Star player.

Playmaker
Minimum Values to become a Freestyle Star player
    80 Pass
    80 Dribble
    80 Off. Awr.
+23 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player (NOTE: as stated by someone on these boards somewhere, it is true that the icon for Playmaker is bugged on the freestyle superstar page, but in the game the correct blue or white circle is used. So the Playmaker indeed does have star players and superstar players....just another bug EA missed).

Highflyer
    80 Jump
    75 Speed
    80 Dunk
+24 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Power
    80 Dunk
    80 Strength
    80 Hardy
+27 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Inside Scorer
    75 FG
    80 Inside Scoring
    80 Off. Awr.
+20 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Outside Scorer
    75 FG
    80 Dribble
    80 Off. Awr.
+20 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Shooter
    80 FG
    80 3PT
    80 FT
+15 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Inside Stopper
    75 Block
    75 Def. Rebound
    75 Def. Awr.
+22 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player

Outside Stopper
    70 Steal
    75 Quickness
    75 Def. Awr.

+24 additional points in any combination to become a Freestyle Superstar Player.

Now it is my personal assumption that this method of point requirements may have been used to possibly allow different players to be Freestyle superstars but not necessarily have the same stats. If you had to have 90 FG and 90 Off. Awr. to become a outside superstar, then that would mean players who don't necessarily have the equivalent 90 FG shooting ability but who are true Freestyle Superstars, would have to have their FG ability pushed to 90 even if they aren't that prolific of a shooter.

so instead, it seems the above method allows for players to be someone different as far as effectiveness goes while still maintaining their superstar status.

For example...lets look at Highflyer. Everyone knows that there are players that can dunk from anywhere and over even the best of shot blockers. Then there are players who have the same dunking finesse or power but aren't good at dunking over people or going around people for the dunk...some players can dunk but aren't explosive. Some players can dunk well only on the fast break while others can do it on the break or in the half court sets (like Kobe or lebron).

So it seems to me that you can have a 2 highflyer's with different stats and both be superstars but each are effective in their dunking differently.

The fast breaking dunker could have stats like the following....

85 jump
92 speed
82 dunk

Good speed, good jumping but for a highflyer, the dunk isn't all that great.

The all-around highflyer or someone who may be better dunking in the half court and slightly less effective on the fast break may have stats like so...

95 jump
75 speed
95 dunk

Now this player is an awesome jumper and dunker while the first player is about average for a highflyer. This player may not be effective on the fast break because he simply is slow on speed and defenders could cut him off and D him up and not allow him to dunk like he wants. He's just too slow. However, if he's able to get to the right spot on the floor, he may be able to jump over a defender and dunk assuming he has the quickness, Off. Awr and strength or something.

Also to take it a step further, when either player goes to dunk and a good shot blocker contest the shot....the player with the better jumping and dunking ability may be able to avoid the blocked shot better than the player with less jump and dunk. That's when speed means nothing and why the fast breaking highflyer is better on the break and not blowing by someone off the dribble.

Now keep in mind that this is must my own personal theory of EA's attempt to make sure players aren't all that similar in execution ability. I don't know about anyone else, but I notice clearly that some players with better jump, strength and dunk ability can pull off nasty showtime dunks even with the best defender on them. The famous dunk when the player jumps over the defender, leans forward at nearly a 45 degree angle is clearly one that players with low dunk, strength or jumping abilty can't do. height seems to play a roll a bit too because I created a 7'6 player who does that dunk all the time over any player regardless of how good they are defensively while kobe, lebron and others have trouble doing it as often as that created player does. A. Stoudimire does that dunk a lot too...but then he is the best big man in the game.

So there you have it. I hope you all that still play 07 like I do find this info useful....and by all means if you find that something is off or incorrect, speak on it.

OH and before I go, there is another bug in the game when it comes to who becomes a superstar or not where their total points above the minimum requirements can be off by one point or more and still become a superstar in game. Has something to due mainly with off season progression but can happen during the first year of a dynasty as well or when editing the database. so there are occasions when a stat bug creeps up and throws things off. I forget which FSS type it is but one of them you can go 1 point lower than the minimum value and still make superstar status on some players, but then you put the exact same values on other players and they won't become superstars, only stars.

However, with the thorough testing I did with both created players and existing players, both stats and actually playing the player in games for a bit with each stat change I made (point by point), I came up with what I feel are as accurate numbers as I believe I could get without knowing the exact coding logic EA used for the game.

Well that was a lot for a first post...hehe

Later all ;)
BigMx

Postby BigMx on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:22 am

oh and one more thing, I wasn't able to determine if a 4th stat had any effect on the ratings (no combination I used showed a change or effect based on 4 stats). I did not see any evidence that oustside scorer superstar needed FG, Speed, Dribble and Off. Awr. Only FG, dribble and off. awr. with the appropriate amount of additional points spent to determine star or superstar. I did adjust speed (every stat combination actually) and found speed did not seem to having much bearing on outside scorer.

However, that is why I believe C.Anthony has speed of 73 and is still an outside scorer because speed has nothing to do with being an outside scorer, only highflyer.
BigMx

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

Welcome (back) to the Forum, and thanks for the informative post. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 07 (current gen) FSS Ability Cheat Sheet

Postby BigYoda on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 pm

This is brilliant stuff. I have been wanting to know this for ever. This makes a huge difference in terms of who to train or not. Thanks so much for this. Awesome work.
BigYoda

Postby BadLuckLuke on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 am

Maybe Andrew should consider about sticking this!!! :)
BadLuckLuke

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 pm

It was stickied, when it was in the old NBA Live 07 patching section. Not much point since we have the Tutorials section now. Ideally we'll eventually be copying all the tutorials over to the Wiki.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 07 Tutorials & FAQs