Live 10 Dynasty questions.

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Live 10 Dynasty questions.

Postby forestzemel on Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 pm

After doing a trade or 2 (still on my first season) I really feel I lucked out, especially with 2 top draft picks that still left Carmelo on the list for my 2nd pick. Anyway, question is what would you guys do to improve my roster? Get another vet? Get a younger better rookie? Stay with my team?

The lineup is: L.James, D.Wade, M.Williams, B.Griffin and B.Lopez.

I know it's a tough lineup the thing is it's expensive and a few of the players are at a decent age. I'm pretty sure Mo is the oldest and he's paid a decent amount. Would you guys trade him for a good young rookie or keep him? Lopez is also in high demand, any thoughts on what to do with him?

Anyway I hope I'm not making any mistakes! Any information and tips are appreciated, thanks a bunch in advance.
forestzemel

Re: Live 10 Dynasty questions.

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 am

Hard to really make a mistake since it really comes down to personal preference and with a roster like that, you've certainly got a lot of options moving forward. If Mo Williams is working out for you, then I'd stick with what you've got for now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby forestzemel on Wed May 05, 2010 12:56 am

Definitely, I really like Mo Williams and Wade but they are expensive!! Right now I have 2.3M cap space(started with -10.3M) and James + wade only have a 1 yr contract with me for 15M each. Will they just completely be off my roster if I don't have the 30M by next season?

ps: Do you get more $ + cap space by winning games / championships or are there any other ways besides trading good players?

pss: Again, thanks Andrew :) :) <3
forestzemel

Postby Joe K on Wed May 05, 2010 3:26 am

The cap space will stay the same regardless of your accomplishments during the season but you can go over the cap space to resign your own free agents.
Joe K

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am

The only way to create cap space is to trim your payroll; it's a set limit for all teams (though it does increase slightly for everyone each year), so you can't win or earn extra space. As Joe K said though, you're able to go over the cap to re-sign your own players owing to the game's representation of real life cap exceptions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KillaMayo on Mon May 17, 2010 2:00 am

2 questions about the dynasty:

Can you fire your head coach and hire a new one?
Can you turn off the CPU trades?

tnx in advance
KillaMayo

Postby Axel The Great on Mon May 17, 2010 10:31 am

No, you can't fire your head coach, and, from what I know, I don't think you can turn off CPU trades either, ridiculous as they sometimes may be.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 am

You do have the option of modifying CPU rosters though, so you can undo any trades you feel will ruin the Dynasty. Enabling that option will prevent you from earning any Dynasty Points and developing your staff, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KillaMayo on Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm

ok tnx for your answers.
But are the trades in dynasty realistic for most part?
Cause in 2k10 there were pretty f*cked up trades. Like in November there was a trade J.R Smith to Suns for Jared Dudley and they did the exact same trade in February. J.R Smith back to Nuggets and J.Dudley back to the suns. Although both guys played great for their teams. J.R Smith was scoring 'bout 20 ppg and the Suns were a team to beat in West.
KillaMayo

Postby Andrew on Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 pm

The trade logic in NBA Live 10 leaves a bit to be desired, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10