I can't play this game anymore.

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

I can't play this game anymore.

Postby UVA44 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:57 am

I have been playing NBA live since 2005, and I can say I have been an avid fan of EA sports. But, the gaping holes in live 10 (dynasty mode, no superstar mode) and the disappointment of the patches have really made me doubt EA's ability to compete with 2k and to create and maintain a good game. With Mike Wang leaving EA and heading back to 2k sports with some disturbing things to say about EA (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/ne ... id=4877673), I can't continue to buy and play a game that is clearly lacking in major departments. :cry:
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Re: I can't play this game anymore.

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 am

There's a lot of doom and gloom talk about Mike Wang leaving and don't get me wrong, I think it's unfortunate, but I still think it might be premature. Out of the box, NBA Live 10's gameplay was pretty damn good in my opinion but the updates did mess a couple of things up while trying to fix other issues. Dynasty Mode certainly is a disappointment this year. If they focus on the game modes and make a few tweaks based on the default game, I think NBA Live 11 can be a really good game. The updates were a misstep but other than that they seem to be on the right path in terms of gameplay.

I certainly agree in terms of NBA Live 10 though. With Dynasty Mode's shortcomings and the patch's quirks, I'm finding it to get enthusiastic about playing the offline modes the way I'd like.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10