Evidently, there is no Madden 10 PC release this year :/

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Evidently, there is no Madden 10 PC release this year :/

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 am

Um, shit?
It was way back in April of last year that EA Sports chief Peter Moore leveled with gamers and said that the mighty Madden franchise wouldn't be coming to PC.

So there was no PC version of Madden NFL 09.

And then, this spring, while I was being shown Madden NFL 10, I inquired about the lack of a PC version of that game. An EA Sports rep told me there was "more to come" on the PC Madden front but there would not be a Madden NFL 10 for PC.

Today, I reached out for clarification, and received a statement EA's been using for several weeks: "We have no plans to release Madden NFL 10 on the PC this year. We continue to explore ideas to revitalize the PC for sports games and the types of games that are best suited to the platform, and this remains our goal for the Madden NFL franchise."

http://kotaku.com/5252937/madden-pc-pla ... in-mystery

News to me ..... Madden PC always outsold us, so this doesn't make things look well for Live this year ....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Evidently, there is no Madden 10 PC release this year :/

Postby tee-pane on Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Let's hope 2k releases their games to pc gamers!
tee-pane

Postby Angelo on Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 pm

if thats the case then i think we also wont expect to have an nba live pc game this year :cry:
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 pm

It doesn't look good, but before we get too deep into the doom and gloom let's wait for the official word on NBA Live '10. It'll be a huge disappointment to say the least but perhaps not altogether surprising given recent blogs and reports.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Modifly on Sun May 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Ah.. EA screwed us, again.

I dont think Live 10 will be on the PC platform either but let's not sum things up too quick.
Modifly
On a hiatus..

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 pm

2 years without an EA Sports PC version, hmm. Me thinks we gets no more consoled ports.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 am

Agreed, I could see them working on their PC releases now, but then releasing them 1-2 months before the console normal releases (if possible with league mandated release dates) to try and get the impatient people to buy it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Mon May 18, 2009 3:11 am

They are working on the delivery format, not the games.

Peter Moore wrote:You could say that when we’re ready to look at which franchises are going to be more applicable to be playing on the PC, we’ve said this repeatedly: it’s an online-based model. The actual structure of whether it’s browser-based, whether I give you a client, whether it’s subscription gaming, all of these things are yet to be determined.

Until EA has decides what model they are going to use, then they won't develop any games(other than Fifa and NHL). We might not even see a Live 2011, or even a Live game for PC ever again. They might just create a game specifically for the online-based model, like that NBA Street game. Although, I am optomistic that they will bring Live back to the PC with online team play and the Live 365 technology.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 am

You mean that NBA Street Online game that has gone silent for the past 6 months? Unless it released without me knowing about it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Pdub wrote:They are working on the delivery format, not the games.

Peter Moore wrote:You could say that when we’re ready to look at which franchises are going to be more applicable to be playing on the PC, we’ve said this repeatedly: it’s an online-based model. The actual structure of whether it’s browser-based, whether I give you a client, whether it’s subscription gaming, all of these things are yet to be determined.

Until EA has decides what model they are going to use, then they won't develop any games(other than Fifa and NHL). We might not even see a Live 2011, or even a Live game for PC ever again. They might just create a game specifically for the online-based model, like that NBA Street game. Although, I am optomistic that they will bring Live back to the PC with online team play and the Live 365 technology.

Not what we wanted to hear and frankly I think it's a mistake; obviously we're biased because our patching culture traditionally makes us lean towards a PC version but I think NBA 2K9's release for the PC demonstrated that the market is still there. Didn't 2K outsell Live this time (I vaguely recall hearing that but I could be mistaken)? If so, I would've thought EA would want to go head-to-head with the competition on all platforms. Obviously that's not the dev team's call, it's coming from higher up, but with that in mind I'm surprised they wouldn't want to try and increase their profits. It's a business, after all.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Tue May 19, 2009 1:40 am

I would have thought that with the Synergy technology, it would be a perfect time to put out another retail box release with a 360 port using Games for Windows Live/EA Servers for the delivery of the updates. It could be a good "test" before they choose their delivery format to see how the PC version would fair if it were a 360 port rather than a PS2 port.

As for sales, VGChartz shows the 360 version in 2k9's favor, with 0.93 million to 0.5 million. PS2 versions were even, and 2K9 led the PS3 sales by a small margin 0.49-0.44 million. PC sales of 2k9 didn't have any info, while EA made some change with their PSP and Wii versions. On a smaller note, if the numbers for NBA 09: The Inside are accurate, I don't see how they can continue making that game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2009 2:12 am

Interesting figures, it seems they're not getting customers back in the console sales. It has to be pretty much on reputation or perhaps just the power of the gaming media reviews because NBA Live 09 360/PS3 wasn't a terrible release in my opinion. I'd say there's a lot of people who have simply become disenchanted with or distrustful of the brand though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby benji on Wed May 20, 2009 7:42 am

Pdub wrote:if the numbers... are accurate

VGChartz

They probably aren't. VGChartz makes up "estimates" for sales.
I would have thought that with the Synergy technology, it would be a perfect time to put out another retail box release with a 360 port using Games for Windows Live/EA Servers for the delivery of the updates

They would just use their own servers. GFWL servers are run by the company, but use specs set and software made by Microsoft.

EA wants to create a model where you have to pay everytime you play their games. I doubt sports games are coming back to PC. EA clearly does not want to make money off the PC market out of fear of harming their console market.
JaoSming wrote:You mean that NBA Street Online game that has gone silent for the past 6 months? Unless it released without me knowing about it.

Closed beta in Korea. (Videos from Jan 2009.)
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 20, 2009 12:44 pm

oh i hate them......... :cry:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Arcane on Fri May 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Here is the site for NBA Street Online which will launch in November
http://xplay.com.ph/nbaso

NBA Street Online

NBA Street Online builds on the fun and popularity of NBA Street Homecourt gameplay, allowing players to build their personal styles and do cool tricks while adding new customizable ways to create players and build teams.

Rich meta-game and community features provide the opportunity to build a robust, deeply vested community of basketball and gaming fans while allowing them to compete in tournaments against their friends, or against the best of the real NBA.

Game Features

1v1 and 3v3 Multiplayer Mode
- Invite authentic NBA Baller into your team for 1 vs 1 match
- Six people can join at once for easier 3 vs 3 match making
- Exp and gold earned depends on match performance.
- Win items upon winning a match PvP Mode

Skill Tree Growth System
- Use growth points to customize Baller in the Skill Tree.
- Obtain growth points when you level up.

PvE Challenge Mode and Boss Battle
- Challenge authentic NBA Ballers in the Challenge Mode.
- Win items upon winning a match in Challenge Mode.
- Earn recipes and assets through the Boss Battle

Boost skills by combining items with “Recipes” for rare assets such as shoes, jerseys, and other accessories.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 pm

thanks man, gimme gimme gimme, ive wanted a nba street game on PC for as long as the series has been around
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA Live 10