MY NBA Live 10 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

MY NBA Live 10 Wishlist

Postby illusion85 on Mon May 04, 2009 4:48 pm

VISUALS:
Develop personal graphics for PC- hopefully EA will develop graphics exclusively for the PC not a port from the console versions, so to be able to play with the most realistic graphics imaginable since NBA 2K9 PC at 2560 x 1600. I want to see NBA Live 10 with graphics that only the PC can handle and when ported to the consoles will make them explode, for example: Crysis for PC at 2560 x 1600 Enthusiast Settings will be virtually impossible to be ported on the consoles they will barely even reach 5 FPS said by the game developers of Crysis.

Realistic Graphics- NBA Live 09 graphics definitely looks much better "IN GENERAL" compared to the graphics of NBA 2K9 "BUT" compared to reality NBA Live 09's graphics is "FAKE"(the texture is too shiny, too shadowy, and all the players' faces look like that of a caveman, just look at the eyebrow protrusion -so thick isn't it?- plus they all look like ASIANS and the skeletal structures look really weird, their arms and legs look so thin and the torso look too big) compared to NBA 2k9's graphics which is not that more good looking than NBA Live 09's but NBA 2K9's graphics looks much closer compared to reality.

Realistic Physics and Animation- the players in NBA Live 09 move really awkward, (seizures, twitches, paralyzes,), the rim and net physics is fake (any shot that goes in is always Nothing But Net, even the ball that will go in is just at the right angle of hitting the rim, it will magically be sucked down for a swish LOL, and when the ball hits the net, sometimes it so solid at one and to watery soft at the other end WTF?)

GAMEPLAY:

More Animations- !!!SERIOUSLY!!!

Realism- I'm a 2K gamer for about 2 Years from now since leaving the NBA Live series, I understood the game of basketball and how it is really played and I became PLAY-MINDED and if I ever go back to NBA Live without realism I'll be DUNK-MINDED "again".
illusion85

Re: MY NBA Live 10 Wishlist

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 04, 2009 8:59 pm

out of curiosity, have you played Live 09 at all this year?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AMenace on Mon May 04, 2009 9:27 pm

If what you said about pc exclusive graphics is true, most people would need to upgrade their computers for the game, and some people would need to stick to live 08.

Still, a good idea though. (Y) (Y)
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby illusion85 on Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 am

JaoSming wrote:out of curiosity, have you played Live 09 at all this year?

Yeah I've played it. I'm not some lying on YouTube that says I have both and I think NBA 2K is better VICE VERSA, which infact he/she only has 1 Brand not both. Trust me I seriously have both. As an NBA Live gamer turned 2K gamer I can easily dictate which NBA Live is closest to the gameplay of NBA 2K. I can keenly tell that NBA Live 09 does not compare to the gameplay of NBA Live 2005 which I still have on my PC and consoles by the way.
illusion85

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 06, 2009 1:01 pm

I really gotta disagree with you

2005 had zero fast break game in it and was ruined for me by the "EA Glitch" aka comeback code

while 09 has some really ugly animation transitions and a rebounding mechanic better off for the CPU teammates to take it actually has very good core gameplay, something that 2k9 faltered on this year and actually a large group of 2k supporters either went back to 2k8 or switched over to Live 09 this year.

The great thing IMO with Live 09 is the ability to play different styles, you can't abuse the quick strike moves like you could in past games and while the pick and roll is overly powerful, it is used a lot in the real NBA. 09 has a really good drive and dish game as well.

I am partial to Live....on the PC, for console games I don't really have that much of a bias and have been buying both games each year since 06/2k6.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby illusion85 on Tue May 12, 2009 3:48 am

JaoSming wrote:I really gotta disagree with you

2005 had zero fast break game in it and was ruined for me by the "EA Glitch" aka comeback code

while 09 has some really ugly animation transitions and a rebounding mechanic better off for the CPU teammates to take it actually has very good core gameplay, something that 2k9 faltered on this year and actually a large group of 2k supporters either went back to 2k8 or switched over to Live 09 this year.

The great thing IMO with Live 09 is the ability to play different styles, you can't abuse the quick strike moves like you could in past games and while the pick and roll is overly powerful, it is used a lot in the real NBA. 09 has a really good drive and dish game as well.

I am partial to Live....on the PC, for console games I don't really have that much of a bias and have been buying both games each year since 06/2k6.

Jao I can make fastbreaks in NBA Live 2005 but not frequently which is realistic and you make it sound like it should happen at every possession instantly which is fake, you not fastbreak-minded are you? Please I beg you go watch just 1 real NBA game and just try to complete it (For the first time that is XD) and while you're watching, analyze the gameplay and see how many fastbreaks happened, how many pick and rolls were attempted or failed, how many certain moves were executed succesfully or failed then compare it to the gameplay of NBA Live 09 and I guarantee you no comparison to the gameplay of NBA Live 2005, because to be honest when I went back to NBA Live 2005 and then go back again to NBA 2K, I actually thought that NBA 2K6-NBA 2K9's gameplay were based on NBA Live 2005's gameplay. No 2K veteran would switch to NBA Live or go back to 2k8 from 2k9 because they know how basketball is played in the NBA exactly and understand it. And NBA 2K9 is close to real life as it gets. But I'm looking forward to NBA Live 10 EA said it will turn the tables and it they said it will bring gameplay on how a basketball video game should be played. I can't even believe they had the guts to say that and confidence to pull that statement off and they sound so serious about it I got intimidated hearing that, were you intimidated because they sounded so BOLD.
illusion85

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 am

video of the 2005 fast break glitch
phpBB [video]

Video Description
I call it a bug because it is infinitely annoying. Watch Tim Duncan catch Devin Harris after giving him a nice head-start...then blocking him from behind even though as Harris starts his dunk attempt, he's still a good distance away.

I wasn't talking about the frequency of fast breaks, I was talking about this catch up the CPU defenders do.

No 2K veteran would switch to NBA Live or go back to 2k8 from 2k9 because they know how basketball is played in the NBA exactly and understand it.

Please go over the OperationSports.com where the majority of the posters prefer 2k over Live in the past years and then look at their reactions and threads from when the games first came out. I say go back to when the games came out because most of them said "F it, I'm just going to wait till 2k10 and see if they do a better job then"

And NBA 2K9 is close to real life as it gets.

Once every team in the NBA makes their primary play a backdoor cut, I'll believe you. The game looks good and animates well, but that doesn't mean it is an accurate reprisentation of the NBA because the action on the court doesn't equal the NBA. Unfortunately, the CPU will exploit the backdoor and humans will cheese with the wiggle wiggle dunk method of doing things.

At least in Live 09 we have the 365 updates so the CPU will do similar moves and behave like the real NBA players.

And am I intimidated? um, no? I'm worried about them reverting back to the one button method for scoring but the team seems to know what they are doing and now are a diverse group of both ex 2k developers (from 2k7 and before) and Live veterans. It will be interesting to see what both games do next year but I really hope that you realize that 2k9 isn't the best when it comes to representing the sport through a videogame. In my opinion, no game released does a good job of it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 pm

Jao's really intimidated. He's only acting tough.

JaoSming wrote:
phpBB [video]

Wow. I can stand it if Duncan catches up with Harris if he was running behind Harris. Someone without a ball can run faster than another one who has it and has to dribble it. But the path Duncan took to reach Harris is just sick, right from behind, then to the far side and then back to Harris. :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby illusion85 on Mon May 18, 2009 4:58 am

LOL is that the glitch you're talking about? I gotta be honest with you, I have never experienced that in my life playing NBA Live 2005.

When I say "close" to real life I meant close not literally meaning "is" real life. In NBA Live 365 it updates players or teams "BASED ON WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN SEEN DOING IN REAL LIFE" are you getting why I emphasized that? You'll get it in this next sentence. In Living Rosters in NBA 2K9 players or teams are updated "BASED ON SUCCESS RATE AND TENDENCY FACTORS OF SOME CERTAIN THINGS THEY DO IN REAL LIFE". For example, in NBA Live 09, if the Lakers were finishing their triangle offense in real life at a successful rate that gets in the update but it doesn't update on its Success Rate only on what they have seen been doing, so when you're trying to play the Lakers in the game no matter how hard you try to play D to stop their triangle they will finish it successfully no matter what you do and if there's an opportunity to stop it glitches will block your way to make it what it suppose to be and that's making their triangle offense successful as possible every time. Living Rosters in 2K9 is almost the same as 365 but when you try to play the Lakers with their triangle that they have been finishing successfully in real life, the better you play D the success rate factor of their triangle offense will decrease depending on how good you play D at them. So basically everything in NBA Live 365 is unnecessary except for the tendencies of the player's to go left or right, that is by far the most realistic way of updating a player in NBA Live and I hope 2K can add that feature in their Living Rosters.

When I tried 2K I didn't know why would they merge the Dunk, Lay-up, Shoot into 1 option especially on an Analog Stick but I got the hang of it and immediately adjusted then I went back to NBA Live which is NBA Live 2005, I still remember the controls and the moment I play Live again I then realized why 2K did that, is to make you score with the right shot at the right moment depending on the DISTANCE, PLAYER AND SITUATION you're in and to make shot selection success at 100% IF YOU KNOW THE CONTROLS. I mean if you accidentally hit a dunk button on the three point line would be incredibly stupid. Here's another reason why they put the scoring mechanism on only the right analog stick and along with modifiers the Back Down and Turbo is you can get to decide the type of shot you want to execute ONCE AGAIN, DISTANCE, PLAYER AND SITUATION you're in and not decided by the CPU like in NBA Live. If you're controlling a small player in 2K9 running for fastbreak point but knowing there's a big man in front of him and may try to block him simply hold the back down button and knowing that the analog stick can move in any directions simply move the right analog stick away from the direction of the basket and the player will score inside and avoid away from the block what you get? yeah that's right a running floater. Or when why you've just attempted a layup and knowing a player may block you simply utilize the stick again and the player will change his shot in mid air and the player will move the ball according to how you are also moving the shot stick. You can literally manipulate the way a player scores the basket and you get to decide what to do and not automatically decided by the CPU and with that kind of shot mechanism will ultimately test you're decision making skill in scoring. So in my opinion the scoring mechanism in 2K have what I call "CONTROL". But that's only my opinion like yeah "OPINION". So if you think 2K shot system was better or Live shot system was better, VICE VERSA, remember this: DISTANCE, PLAYER AND SITUATION YOU'RE IN. Saying that the shot option of the next Live will be a button, I will predict that the CPU will make you score the basket depending also in the DISTANCE, PLAYER AND SITUATION you're in but overall no absolute manipulation of the way a player scores because we know you can't rotate a button from it's axis LOL.
illusion85

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 am

Then you must not have played NBA Live 2005 as long as you have claimed.

For example, in NBA Live 09, if the Lakers were finishing their triangle offense in real life at a successful rate that gets in the update but it doesn't update on its Success Rate only on what they have seen been doing, so when you're trying to play the Lakers in the game no matter how hard you try to play D to stop their triangle they will finish it successfully no matter what you do and if there's an opportunity to stop it glitches will block your way to make it what it suppose to be and that's making their triangle offense successful as possible every time.

I can honestly say that I have never expirienced anything like this or even heard of anyone saying anything like that.

I mean if you accidentally hit a dunk button on the three point line would be incredibly stupid.

In the PC Lives, Having floaters mapped to that button when at jump shot range is stupid? In Live 09 it puts up a normal jumper,

ONCE AGAIN, DISTANCE, PLAYER AND SITUATION you're in and not decided by the CPU like in NBA Live.

The only difference turbo makes is differencing layup and dunk....same as Live.
Backdown lets you decide bank shot or not.
The decision making is still completely up to the CPU.

Lets say you want drive to the hole in 2k and you want to either pull up quick for a jumper or finish with a layup/dunk. It's the same flick of the stick and you dont have control since it is decided by the CPU, unless you come to a complete stop or do a dribble move to stop. Whereas this is the beauty of the dunk/layup vs shot buttons in Live where you get to decide and nothing is left to the CPU unless you are past the free throw line.

If you're controlling a small player in 2K9 running for fastbreak point but knowing there's a big man in front of him and may try to block him simply hold the back down button and knowing that the analog stick can move in any directions simply move the right analog stick away from the direction of the basket and the player will score inside and avoid away from the block what you get? yeah that's right a running floater.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. The shot stick, when shooting jumpers, doesn't matter which direction you are holding for the shot, you can be moving or standing, shooting by moving the stick up, left, down, or right does absolutely nothing different. You fade back with the left stick and cant even lean forward unless you setup with a canned shot fake animation.

The only time the shot stick does anything different when you press different directions are dunking and layups with normal, flashy, power, or reverse/spin move.

Or when why you've just attempted a layup and knowing a player may block you simply utilize the stick again and the player will change his shot in mid air and the player will move the ball according to how you are also moving the shot stick.

Which rarely works other than hitting the ball under the basket or hitting the ball off the jumping defender. Pressing the dunk/layup button a second time works so much better and makes the move look much more natural than 2k's double (or triple if the animation already has a fake it in) clutch.

I dont know what Live has planned, and I have already stated that I dont like the one button approach, but before you try to make these claims again, go in the game and try them first. Also load up 2005 again and try to fast break.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby amed94 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 pm

damn i think illusions getting owned in the battle :?
amed94

Postby dascoot on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:30 pm

here are many things I'd like to see for NBA Live 10

1) Multiplayer Dynasty- 2K has this and I feel and know that if Live wants to compete this is one of many features they need to put into there games. So have up to eight teams.

2) 10,30 day contracts-

3) Draft List- in dynasty mode you see a list of from the first year to the final year a list of what team drafted what player. Bascially a draft list.

4) D- League- would like to be able to have the option of sending players who aren't performing well sent down to the D-League or to stay with 15 players.

5) Players play more like themselves- Shawn Marion shot and various other players.

6) Players telling what team they would like to be traded to ( where they would like to be signed if in free agents)

7) Sportscenter like update- showing highlights of games for the game if you care to see them.

8) more reactions and emotions- more crowd excitements or boos, also seeing more player emotions when they make a shot or miss a shot

9) Add Clutch to scouting list when mentioning strengths or weaknesses.

10) More in depth scouting- lot more than saying strength in dunking and weakness in off rebounding.

11) Stop having so many good players remaining in free agents for long period of time.

12) Expansion Mode- would like to see more teams come into the league say maybe after 7th or even around 10th season.

13) Better Lock Down Defense- Especially players who have high defensive awareness like Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest

14) Upcoming rookies talked about- having announcers talking about rookies for each season in the dynasty.

15) All Star List- an all star list for players that made it to the allstar games and how many times

16) Biggest Lead- add biggest lead for each under team stats

17) Better Substitution- NBA Live 08 got this pretty much right and I get sick of in dynasty mode seeing the five same guys play for 48 minutes.

18) Draft Night Trades- Be able to make deals during the draft. Being able to say trade one of your good players for say another team fifth pick.

19) Summer League- being able to play with rookies and younger players.

20) Stars Scoring vs a certain team- to open the game show a stars scoring avg vs this team. For example Paul Pierce avg 18.7 ppg against Cleveland. and then the next game say he plays against Orlando and avgs 22.5ppg against them.

21) Better Generated Rookies- I do have to admit though the last Live i based hardcore was 08 and there were some rookies that were good ( SF- Allen Connelly who i moved to PF after I did a trade to get him. SG- Aidan Lewis my number one pick from Atlanta after trading off a PG named Crawford Costa who is compared to Stephon Marbury and the dude was a cancer to my team. Then after I got Aidan Lewis they gave me an F rating and what was funny was he scored over 25.0 PPG in his rookie season for my Philadelphia 76ers dyansty on NBA Live 08 on PS2 and he not only filled my team need but won rookie of the year for me. What I mean by this though is seeing more big men who are good passer without it being overdone. I would like to see players play more like there position for example Centers playing hard defense although I know not all of them do. I would even like to see a player who comes into the league maybe every seven to ten years who is a dominant center like Shaq or Yao.

22) Player Comparison - I would like to get an idea of what a player plays like. For example maybe you see created Roger Daniels - PF- 6'10"- 268 LBS from Kansas who is compared to kevin garnett.
dascoot

Return to NBA Live 10