New dunks, media, and info from IGN

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

New dunks, media, and info from IGN

Postby kp4life on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:15 am

Here is the link about new dunks, media, and info...
http://sports.ign.com/articles/543/543761p1.html

New screens and video
PeAce!~
kp4life

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:44 am

GOOD JOB!

In that Bobcats pic, it looks nothing like Okafor :?

That dunk by Tmac was unrealistic, but it was still fresh. The VC dunk was nice, but when he puts his arm in the rim, he REALLY put his whole arm in the rim :shock:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Bird123 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:48 am

Cool. I can't wait to try the contest in October.

P.S. Looks like they changed the animation for and the actual net again. :)
Bird123

Postby Alcoholic on Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:14 am

What's cool is the refs don't call all the flops, so it's actually much more of a risk/reward situation for defenders to try to draw the call. You don't feel too good about lying on the court when the player with the ball skies over you for the humiliating dunk.

SCORE! Hopefully backing down against other humans will be useful this time around.

While players you can choose for the slam dunk contest are limited to ballers with over an 80 Dunk rating, you are able to enter the 3-point contest with anyone in the league.

Maybe some of the power dunkers like Shaq will have a high dunk rating too.... behind the back off the glass Shaq monster 720 slam! :lol:

P.S. I like how now the net goes up through the rim.
Alcoholic

Postby Kdre on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:39 pm

This is what's sweet about it!!!

The new 10-man mo-cap animations include players pushing off ala Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller before sprinting to their position and calling for the ball.

and there are even special moves like the self alley-oop off the backboard that you can catch and throw down in the name of T-Mac by clicking down on the right analog stick.

Does that signify signature type moves at all? Even if it is the ASG only it puts a new twist into games that seperates certain things from the normal gameplay. Nice!
Kdre

Postby afroken on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:14 pm

I am very hyped for the release of this game. Every time I read an article I want the game that much more, but i guess we still hve about a month to wait. I want to do some crazy dunks and play the slamdunk for hours on end.
afroken

Postby JasonLin on Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:48 pm

What's cool is the refs don't call all the flops, so it's actually much more of a risk/reward situation for defenders to try to draw the call. You don't feel too good about lying on the court when the player with the ball skies over you for the humiliating dunk.

This is great!!! I hope back down really works this year!

Hope to see more info on the new totally reworked low post game.
JasonLin

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:10 pm

Can someone quote the whole article and post the screens here ?

i would be glad. (Y)

Thank You.
hmm

Postby Riot on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 pm

September 01, 2004 - The more you play the slam dunk contest, the more addictive it becomes. Why? Well, with over 20,000 possibilities, the ability to start your dunk from anywhere on the court, and the fact that you can tweak and alter moves while in the air by spinning or pressing the triggers, it really becomes an obsession with trying to find the perfect combination.

Some of our favorites so far have been the bounced alley-oop off the Jumbotron, followed by a forward handspring, catching the ball in the air, then swinging it between the legs for a 50.

Other moves we've pulled off include the figure-eight (between the legs twice), the Dee Brown no-look…from the free throw line, not to mention the 720. There are kick flips, alley-oops off the elbows, knees, and head, and, of course, throwing the ball down and hanging by your elbow Air Canada-style.

The genius is the ability to combo moves together, from the oop to the between the legs, then finishing it off by hanging on the rim. But finding these button combos isn't as easy as you'd think and takes plenty of trial and error. The difficulty has also been increased recently with the addition of the dropped ball. If you miss-time the press between the gather and the trick or hold on to the trick button for the wrong amount of time, you'll actually lose control of the ball and watch it squirt out of your hands as you go airborne. Players are now also more prone to get hung on the rim and fall down if you take off from too far away for the specific dunk.

Pull off something special, though, and you'll know it, not only by the way Kenny Smith reacts on the mic, calling out your praises with co-host Ernie Johnson, but you'll also see the other NBA stars on the sideline stand up and pump their fists in disbelief.

Recently added to the Dunk mode (and 3-point Shootout) are split screen battles where you play up to a certain number of points. In the Dunk contest, you score points by successfully completing your slams. Miss a dunk and you lose points. Repeat a dunk and lose even bigger points. There is also a Money Ball where the dunk counts for double. This is a great addition that really changes the strategy because you might know three or four awesome dunk combos that can win a traditional contest, but in the split-screen mode, you can't get away with just throwing down the same slams, so you'll need to know a greater variety if you hope to keep up with your opponent.

The only disappointing aspect is the fact that none of the All-Star Weekend special modes, Dunk Contest included, are available online this year.

But enough with the words, it's time to see some dunks. Click on the links and watch cousins Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady show off a couple of never before seen dips.

Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:54 pm

Last edited by hmm on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby Riot on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:55 pm

Notes: The All-Star game and the regular game now offer two distinct play styles. In the All-Star game, the pace is faster, the defense lets you in the lane easier, and there are even special moves like the self alley-oop off the backboard that you can catch and throw down in the name of T-Mac by clicking down on the right analog stick. The regular game features much more of a realistic feel than years past, without losing the fun of Freestyle. Tip-ins are a fantastic touch, and not overdone and the pro-hop has been kept under control by improved defensive positioning and better player collision animations, so now if you try to just hop through your defender, you'll instead collide and lose the ball. The new 10-man mo-cap animations include players pushing off ala Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller before sprinting to their position and calling for the ball.

You'll also see more players flopping to the ground in hopes of drawing a charge. What's cool is the refs don't call all the flops, so it's actually much more of a risk/reward situation for defenders to try to draw the call. You don't feel too good about lying on the court when the player with the ball skies over you for the humiliating dunk. While players you can choose for the slam dunk contest are limited to ballers with over an 80 Dunk rating, you are able to enter the 3-point contest with anyone in the league. Want a challenge, try entering as Shaq and watch balls fly all over the place…everywhere except the basket. The game also features a couple of different International All-Star teams, but the rosters are limited to players already in the NBA, so don't expect to be popping three's with Sarunas Jasikevicius any time soon.

Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:02 pm

hmm

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:09 pm

hmm

Postby Arcane on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:14 pm

ooooooooh shit after reading all that sounds great better than great the ability to do elf alley oop off backboard in all star game feature and so on i want this game now now now :x :furious: :evil: :crazyeyes: :crazy:
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:21 pm

Last edited by hmm on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby Riot on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:22 pm

I think the shiny players will be less visable during in game play. I would think so atleast.

They will be more shiny just instant replay and things like that.
Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby hmm on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:30 pm

Last edited by hmm on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby Bill Russell on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:20 pm

Good find man, I'm lovin' the previews this year :applaud:
Bill Russell

short arms

Postby AznBBoyX on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:23 am

Is it just me or is it that all the players in the videos and screenshots seem to have short arms. I mean look at Vince and T-Mac waving in the dunk contest clips. The joint of their elbow is below the top of their head. In real live, they have very long wingspans.
AznBBoyX

Postby TheFranchiseKing on Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:42 am

Take A look at the Vince Carter Dunk Video, his arms have no definition. I understand they may fix it but most players (Vince and T-Mac) have cut arms. This by no means says I am less excited for the game!!!!!
TheFranchiseKing

Postby sho89mtx on Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:13 pm

does anyone a member to that website? If so, what is the difference in the member videos of those guys? Can u post them here if they are different? I want as much video clips of the dunk contest I can get, that is gonna be off the hook! I can't wait to play it!
sho89mtx

Postby robin_528 on Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:37 am

Wow, sho was dissing Live '04 in another topic, but is hyped up about Live '05? :shock: (I don't mean to be making fun of you, if you think I am)

But anyways, the only difference between the normal and insider videos is that the insider ones are better looking.
robin_528

Postby Jay-Peso on Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:05 am

Nice find (Y)
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Return to NBA Live 2005