[Live 08] Change! The Charlotte Bobcats - Closed

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Martti. on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:00 am

Way, wayyy to much much for old Shaq.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:45 am

Wow. Haven't seen Shaq in a dynasty in a while. The price is right though, and you'll be getting 20 million in cap relief once his contract is done.

Good luck working him into your system. You should update your roster post.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 am

Martti: not really, got rid of Adam "the bust" Morrison, Nazr Mohammad, also traded away Wallace who doesnt fit into the Larry Brown system :D

Lamrock: yeah, i am a fan of the Big Diesel from the Laker days, even if i am not a Laker fan, and this trade makes sense, since Terry Porter (new suns HC) likes defense, Gerald Wallace brings that to the Suns. Thanks man, i'll update it soon :D
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 am

Will you trade Felton due to the PG fiasco? You should trade him for a decent SF and a backup PG.
Lamrock

Postby airBerlin on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 am

Shaq and Emeka should make for a solid duo.

PS: Morrison's picture is still in the main post.
Last edited by airBerlin on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby Lamrock on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:20 am

50 games out of the season.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:25 am

Lamrock: haha very observant, wait and see what happens :D i already go the next phrase (training camp) planned out

airBerlin: yeah, and hopefully Shaq could teach Ajinca how to play :D, thanks for the tip, fixed now
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby OrlMagic on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Shaq to Charlotte :mrgreen: (Y) Wallace leaves :-( . But good luck
http://sanantoniospursdynas.sosblog.com/SASDB-b1.htm
Dynasty in Estonian, not in English , my English is not so good to make a dynasty in English :(
OrlMagic

Postby Valor on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 pm

since i am so lazy i would skip the trade article and jump straight to Act Three :D :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:43 am

Bobcats Features
Act Three - Training Camp

September 29th, 2008 5:00pm

"Welcome back guys, hope you all enjoyed the off season, hopefully not too out of shape, I'm gonna let Larry and Leo take over now" Jordan stated after all the Bobcats players have arrived at the Michael Jordan Practice Gym that was built recently.

"Well, I'll start first by introducing myself; My name is Leo, i am 17, 6 foot, 135 pound guy from Hong Kong. I am your new General Manager, nice to meet you. I'll also be joining you guys in this training camp, and sometimes regular practice, since i am still young and in shape, i MIGHT be able to be of help to the training sessions." said Leo, a bit nervously

The guys seemed happy enough with their new GM, and some looked really glad, most likely it's because this is the first time they would get a staff member (besides michael) that would be joining them in practices, not just sitting in office drinking coffee and looking at stats.

"Well, i guess i need no introduction, we've met a few times, some of you have been with me in the off season trainings and also the younger guys, like DJ, were in the summer league earlier on. I am Larry Brown for some others. I hope you guys are prepared for this training camp, not preparing and getting back into shape through it, i want you guys to play the right way in order for the team to win, it's going to be about the team, and you are part of the team, get some rest, i'll see you guys here at 6:30 tomorrow morning for start of the camp, i want you guys to work hard and improve as a whole" Larry finished with that

The players go off for dinner, hanging out, chilling..etc, while the GM Leo goes off and starts practicing shooting. Larry and Michael leaves the place together, talking about their own North Carolina days.

Four Hours Later...inside the Jordan Practice Gym

Larry Brown enters the gym, planning to draw up some plans for the start of the camp.

swish...swish....swish...

"i wonder who that is, practicing shooting this late" muttered Larry quietly as he walks quietly to the court to check out who it was.

It was Leo, the young GM that had been practicing since after the team greeting at 5pm, he had been practicing for 4 hours straight

"wow.. i haven't had a kid with this kind of a work ethic and desire to train and work hard in ages..and he isnt even a player, hes just a general manager! I am starting to like this kid already, just as Michael had said.."thought Larry Brown, impressed at Leo's desire to get better and his love for basketball.
Larry quietly walks out of the court area, and goes off to set his plans and stuff for the camp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Days Later

So Far the Training Camp has been decent, guys are improving, players are getting to know each other well, and getting to know the GM a little bit well, and are overall impressed with his basketball skills even if he is just an Asian high school player, however.....

"NO!!!, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!! You Should have PASSED that ball, not go for a prayer jump shot!!!!! I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF YOU ARE FROM NORTH CAROLINA OR NOT, YOU PLAY THE RIGHT WAY IF YOU ARE ON MY TEAM!" Once again Larry Brown Blows his whistle and screams at the top of his voice towards Raymond Felton, who just doesnt get why he needs to pass the ball so damn often.

"WHAT!! ARE YOU SAYING THAT I CANT PLAY? I SCORED 14.4 PPG LAST SEASON WITH A FG PERCENTAGE OF 41 PERCENT! PRAYER SHOT MY ASS" Felton retaliated with this statement

"I've had it with you, unless you are shooting 100% from the field, i want you to play THE RIGHT WAY and PASS THAT DAMN BALL, come over and sit on the bench for a while, DJ, fill in and continue with the play."

Felton walked to the far corner, sat down, and started sulking...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6th, 2008

It was the Last day of the training camp, and so far progresses have been pleasing, Jason Richardson had improved his Jump Shot and shot selection tremendously, while DJ Augustin, the 9th overall pick in the 08 draft, had shown his Point Guard skills, Shaq looked decent, playing solid defense, grabbing boards, dominating all the Bobcats down low, and even slamming in down once every 3 possessions or so, everything looked great.

"alright guys, its nearly afternoon soon, i wont keep you long cause you are gonna need some rest for the game on the 8th against the Magic in Orlando, its your first preseason game and i want us to start strong. We are just gonna have a game to wrap things up" announced Larry Brown.

"Sweet, what are the lineups going to be coach?"

"The white team, which is going to be DJ, Matt, Jason, Emeka, and Shaq, Raymond Felton and Sean May; against the orange team, who has Alexis, Shannon, Jermareo, Jared, and Leo. The losing team is going to do 250 pushups and 20 sucides." answered Coach Brown

Shaq easily won the Jump ball and got things started, DJ ran a simple pick and roll and resulted in an alleyopp slam from DJ to Jason Richardson.

The White Team quickly jumped to a 12-4 lead, easily stopping the Orange team's offenses and increased the lead to 26-10 by the end of the first quarter, by half time it was 57-38.

However, when the 2nd half began, the White team got too full of themselves, and the Orange team cut the lead to 18 and made it 67-49 at the end of the 3rd.

The 4th saw Leo playing for the first time in the game, when Shannon Brown had accidentally twisted his ankle and needed to get it treated so it doesnt get bad, this is when everything went wrong for the White team.

They had underestimated Leo, and thought that a 17 year old kid couldnt do much against them, Leo proved them wrong, by first hitting a wide open 30 foot 3 pointer, which had surprised everyone in the gym, he then ran the offense at the point for the orange, scoring, making plays, defending, and helped the orange team, with the help of fellow rookie Alexis Ajinca, who had gotten hot in the 4th quarter, and cut the lead to 2, 78-76 with 20 seconds remaining, which they would have possession.

Leo catches the ball on the inbounds play from a good find by Jared Dudley, and called for pick and pop play, a play that he is most familiar with since the start of his playing days; he comes off a nice pick by Alexis, gets open at the right handed 45 degree angle on the 3 point line, his sweet spot, and fired the 3 ball at the buzzer, the whole gym was silent for about half a second when the sweet sound of swish was heard.

Coach Brown was shocked, he had expected the Orange team to play hard, but not win, and certainly not the young GM knocking down a 25 foot buzzer beater off a high pick and pop play. the White team was shocked also, and some held their heads in disbelief.

"Well, i hoped you guys had learned your lesson, never underestimate anybody on the court, go do your sucides and pushups, however, i must say i was impressed with how you have played, Leo" said Larry Brown after calling over the players.

"Na, i just played hard and got lucky on a couple of shots, those guys are way better then me, i played just a couple of minutes and i am really tired, not to mention the past 2 weeks has given me some serious fatigue" answered Leo

"Well, all of you go home and rest, you all put some hard work in the camp, and i'll see you guys on the 8th"

After every body left, only Michael and Brown are remaining

"what do you think Michael, should we do that?"

"I know what you are thinking, lets just see a few preseason games and see what we need"
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby OrlMagic on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:44 am

Nice story. Nice buzzerbeater by Leo (Y)
Dynasty in Estonian, not in English , my English is not so good to make a dynasty in English :(
OrlMagic

Postby Valor on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 am

:D thanks, i played the game btw, didnt take pics or nothing cause i didnt play it in the practice gym ;)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:49 pm

ok, lately, i have been really pissed with live 08..even with the roster patches, sim engine fix, aiacts..etc, besides graphics 08 is a real downer, i am thinking about doing this dynasty on live 06, what do you guys think? the best thing about it is the sim engine and the better gameplay, also my copy of live 06 is english instead of chinese.

the bad part is that i don't know any good current roster patches that could match the quality of Albys' Realistic Roster, since Andrew hasnt been making live 06 NLSC roster patches in a while.

thanks guys
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:08 am

Well, since you haven't played any games yet, I think it could work. I'm sure you can find a quality Live 06 roster, considering the Live 06 project going on.

Good luck.
Lamrock

Postby airBerlin on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:06 am

I had the same problem when I was running my dynasty.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby Valor on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

thanks Lamrock, most likely i would wait a week or two so Andrew's live project rosters could be released, it'll most likely have all the art updates anyways

airBerlin: yeah, live 08 pisses ppl off so badly...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 pm

ok i have decided to just play the preseason games in live 08 and see how things go...live project would take a while..
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Click to Enlarge
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Jing on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:58 pm

LOL nice stuff

No canto players in the NBA eh? :P (Yi don't count)
Jing

Postby Valor on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Why not? he is from canto...

haha hes a nice point guard, Raymond is gonna work hard now :D
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Jing on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Guangdong isn't canto, they're Chinese. Hong Kong is canto. I'm referring to the region he's from, not the language they speak

我可能这个夏天去香港陆游, 跟朋友们学了一点儿粤语, 看着能不能跟别人对话
Jing

Postby Valor on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:01 pm

icic, i thought u mean canto as in guangdong.

gd luck man :D, you can speak english here if things dont work out, ppl over here are generally ok with english, and mandarin
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby natnozzifringle on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:36 am

the guy looks like bobby lee from madtv.
natnozzifringle

Postby Valor on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:12 am

Okafor leads Bobcats to close win over Superman

All seems well for the new-look Bobcats as they started off their preseason games with a close win in Orlando against Dwight "Superman" Howard and the Orlando Magic.

The Bobcats played terribly in the first quarter, only scoring 10 points and trailed by 15 at the end of the first, but a quick timeout early in the second, along with some serious shouting from new Head Coach Larry Brown got them going, as they ended the second quarter going 27-17.

The second half featured some serious face paced offense from both teams, with Charlotte scoring 39 in the 3rd and Orlando scoring 31, while the 4th was less so due to increased defense from both sides, Charlotte pulled away in the final 2 minutes and won the game.

Shaquille O'Neal was impressive in his Bobcats debut game, getting 10 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks, he helped shut down Magic's Dwight Howard and limited him to only 1 point in the half, and 5 by the end of the game.

The other new Bobcat, Yuta Tabuse, had a nice game coming off the bench, scoring 5 points and dished out 4 assists, 3 of which were ally-opp passes to Okafor and Shaq.

Dwight Howard grabbed an impressive amount of 21 rebounds for the Magic, but as mentioned above, was limited to only 5 points by Shaq, last season's Most Improved Player Hedo Turkoglu led the Magic with 29 points, with Rashard Lewis not far behind with 26. Rookie Courtney Lee had 18 points and 10 assists, while Jameer Nelson racked up 15 and dished out 10 also.

Notes: Bobcats Point Guard Raymond Felton was sent to the locker room after just 7 minutes of play, he argued with Coach Brown during the timeout to sub him off, and as a result was sent to the locker room, the Bobcats refused to comment on this matter, but trade rumors have begun to arise involving Felton

Player of the Game
Key Players at the Half
Boxscores Charlotte
Boxscores Orlando
Tough And-1 Play by Lewis
Okafor's Reverse Jam
Result Why Felton was sent to the bench...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby OrlMagic on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:20 am

Nice win. But Orlando boxscore is strange. all five men play 28 minutes.
OrlMagic

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame