NBA Live 09 will not be released for the PC

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Postby Andrew on Sat May 17, 2008 11:09 am

Everyone's entitled to their own preference. I've played the 2K games and I certainly wouldn't call them awful but I find Isomotion very awkward so it's not the game for me. I'm more interested in seeing NBA Live improve rather than the competition at this juncture.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tharealdeal on Sun May 18, 2008 9:17 am

they have had a lot of time to improve and so far everything from 06 and on has been a failure
tharealdeal

Postby GeorgesNader90 on Tue May 20, 2008 7:00 am

i don't know why Ea sports will make such a decision. it's not logical
if its about the next gen on pc, but ea have crysis !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( BETTER THAN PS3 GRAPHICS ) and they are converting games from consoles to pc like burnout and mass effect.
so there's no reason for not releasing a pc version.
Oh and if they are complaining about about the sales they should blame them selves first, cause with a shitty game no one will wait his money on
WE WANT A NEXT GEN NBA LIVE ON PC :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
GeorgesNader90

Postby Andrew on Tue May 20, 2008 6:01 pm

I doubt that it was a decision by the people directly involved in the production of the games, I would think that it was made after some number crunching by executives higher up. Hopefully, the situation will be re-evaluated and the series will return to the PC, ported from the 360/PS3.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tharealdeal on Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am

they have nothing to gain on PC so y make another version?
tharealdeal

Postby Andrew on Wed May 21, 2008 4:09 pm

They have an established fanbase and no competition on the PC platform, so that potential revenue might be a factor if/when they explore producing NBA Live for the PC again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby David on Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 pm

benji wrote:I will change tacts and be an optimist.

When have you eva been an optimist???
I totally blame you for this.. EA saw the demise of dotorg and figured there was no point in doing a PC version anymore.. :P

Good to see nothing ever changes.. despite what benji says.. well done EA...
David

Postby Nash_Wylde on Thu May 22, 2008 7:20 pm

David wrote:Good to see nothing ever changes.. despite what benji says.. well done EA...

How can you say that? You probably have console, so you don't really give a fuck for what's goin' on!

When I first bought the game (08), and seen all that bugs, I thought that my cd has a fabric-mistake... So, somehow, I bought another cd! Shortly I realized that the game is just that way! I was so pissed that I broke the cd (the feeling was great, especially because it has Arinas on it).

After that disappointment, way to go with a new one. Way to go! :?
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Vito Corleone (Godfather I)
Nash_Wylde

Postby Andrew on Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 pm

David was a prominent patchmaker a few years ago so I'm guessing he was being sarcastic with that remark rather than being spiteful to PC players.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nash_Wylde on Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 pm

OK, sorry David, respect for patcher! :mrgreen:

Andrew, you should work for EA! Non of these would happened!

Did you, maybe, send some feedback to ea sports about this topic? If you did, any responses? I mean, this thing, can not pass just like that :!: :|
Nash_Wylde

Postby Andrew on Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 pm

I appreciate the kind words but it wouldn't make a shred of difference. As I said, I'm pretty sure this decision was made by executives higher up, not producers and programmers. It would not have been my call to make.

And yes, I offered my thoughts on the matter and I'm sure they are aware of the feedback in general. The bottom line is the series' future on the PC is currently up in the air and I think it would be in our best interests to demonstrate that there are people who want a PC version to show there would be support for future releases on the PC whenever we get the chance. However, given EA's current stance on the matter and the cancellation of Madden 09 for the PC, it seems the decision on NBA Live 09 is final. We could try campaigning for a PC port after the game comes out but if/when Live does come back to the PC it's highly unlikely to be this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nash_Wylde on Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 pm

And I appreciate the answer! Tanks (Y)
Nash_Wylde

Postby diddy on Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Andrew, man, it's a very bad! live is one of 3 games that i'm playing when i get a free time (couple of day in two weeks) and the fact of missing live09 have pissed me off! but still, i've more free time to decoratе my & my vife's (in near future) apartment.
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 28, 2008 3:39 am

nashwylde wrote:OK, sorry David, respect for patcher!

So if David wasn't a patcher you have a free pass to say he doesn't give a fuck?

Diddy wrote:i've more free time to decorate my & my vife's (in near future) apartment.

That sounds ghey. :P
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Nash_Wylde on Wed May 28, 2008 5:58 pm

JT_57 (alpha version), And who are you to judge us? You have to give some credit for people, who were makin' this game better with no charge, while guys from ea sports couldn't do for who knows how big payment!
Nash_Wylde

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 pm

That's not my point.

My point is you were judging someone before that he doesn't give a fuck, then you find out he was a patcher so you apologize. If David wasn't a patcher, would you still apologize to him for not "really give a fuck for what's goin' on!"?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin

Postby Angelo on Thu May 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey slow down...you are off the topic here :|
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby Oskar on Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Agree with Kris, and I don't think there's a reason to hate hate hate here, on the network, can't we just all get along ? If not then just don't talk with the person you don't like, simple, but if you want to fight then do it with PM's.
Oskar

Postby shadowgrin on Thu May 29, 2008 7:12 pm

I didn't know that asking a question is considered "fighting" and "hate" these days.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Dear pinoys and kids....when you grow up...you too will find a job and be able to buy a console so you can play nba live. I'm sorry EA got tired of not making money on the PC due to the fact that the market has changed and people kept freely downloading their products on the intarwebz. How dare they focus on less platforms with the slim hope of producing a higher grade software and how dare they be in business to make money to begin with huh? I feel your pain mother fuckers...I really do. Let me show how much I do by presenting this sympathy smiley face. :arrow: :roll:

(Closes laptop and loads up nba 2k8 on his xbox 360)
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Shut up, you were playing GTA IV. :lol:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:45 am

Yes...I was...but hey atleast my point came across. :P
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Kobe ftw on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:52 am

They did what they wanted, it is as it looks, they lied you for years, lies about so many things in Nba live's, year after year the game was bad, so many comercials about new content/stuffs, graphic etc etc and then you AGAIN went to stores and bought fresh new nba live xxx:) and you gave the money for what? for nothing, for fixed previous year game packed into new cover year by year.

So after they f..k you soo much that it can be seen from the moon they decided to fly away and shut down the PC version of the game.

Congrats to all you who are still playing Nba live 2008 Pc !
Kobe ftw

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 am

Most of the promotion the last couple of years has concerned the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game though. It was never indicated that all the new features would be in the PC version; we just hoped that would be the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:33 pm

I've been out of the loop for a while. Bad news Live won't be released on PC but I got to admit I never played 08 on PC and I didn't like the 'feel' of the game on PS2. Just had a quick browse in the 'NBA Live PC' forum and that looks like a great idea. So I hope that can be a satisfying enough substitute when I feel like playing an NBA game. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 09