[08] Flying High In The ATL-NBA Finals - Complete!

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Lamrock on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:10 am

2008-09 NBA Team Previews

This year's offseason was a mess. Perhaps it was Anderson Varejao's hold out last year that set this off, but two all-stars, and several other very good players remain unsigned. Not to mention the stupid signings, and the mysterious waiving of Chauncey Billups. What happened?

Atlanta:
C - Magloire/Pachulia/Horford/Cochrane(R)
PF - Horford/Williams/Smith
SF - Smith/Williams/Childress
SG - Johnson/Childress/Law
PG - Bibby/Claxton/Law

With a new GM and coach, the future with either be very bright or very bleak. As far as roster moves go, the Hawks got much deeper in the frontcourt, acquiring Centers Magloire and Cochrane, and signing PF Craig Smith. Magloire should help Horford's development, but is this enough to finally vault the Hawks into the playoffs?

Boston:
C - Perkins/Ratliff/Scalabrine
PF - Garnett/Scalabrine/Jones
SF - Pierce/Griffin(R)/Ellison(R)
SG - R. Allen/T. Allen/Ellison(R)
PG - M. Williams/Rondo/Carter

The Celtics went from stacked to extremely stacked. The addition of Maurice Williams gives them a quality point guard and yet another scoring threat. Carter replaces Sam Cassell. Draftees Griffin and Ellison give them energy off the bench, and succeeders to Pierce and Allen. Ratliff and Jones give them more depth up front. It should be another great year for the Celtics.

Charlotte:
C - Okafor/Mohammed/Maximilian(R)
PF - Haslem/May/Turiaf/Pollard
SF - Morrison/Turiaf/Khryapa
SG - Richardson/Pinnock/Morozov(R)/Morrison
PG - Felton/Morozov(R)/Richardson

The Bobcats are a mess. Someone forgot to tell them they already had Emeka Okafor, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May before they went and signed 4 guys who all could play Center. This also leaves them with no real backup at the Point Guard, meaning 6'1", 230 lb rookie combo guard Artur Morozov will likely man that position. I don't get it.

Chicago:
C - Noah/Tyrus Thomas/Gooden
PF - Nocioni/Gooden/Thomas/Noah
SF - Deng/J. Roberts(R)/Nocioni
SG - Hughes/Brown/Chernov(R)/Bell/House/Roberts(R)
PG - Hinrich/House/Bell

Same team from last year pretty much minus Gordon and Duhon. Replacing them are 6 Shooting Guards. Yikes.

Cleveland:
C - Ilgauskas/Varejao/Wallace/Booth
PF - Wallace/Joe Smith/Varejao
SF - James/Linton Johnson
SG - Szczerbiak/Damon Jones
PG - Vick(R)/Snow/Watters(R)/Jones

The Cavs have yet to resign Boobie Gibson. However, with 4 Point Guards, they probably won't sign him. Then again, manning the position are two rookies, and two scrubs... Otherwise the team looks solid.

Dallas:
C - Krstic/Dampier/Voskuhl/Nowitzki
PF - Nowitzki/Krstic/Voskuhl/Howard
SF - Howard/Delfino/Stackhouse/Nowitzki
SG - Stackhouse/Wright(R)/Aidan Davis(R)/Terry
PG - Terry/Lue/Barea

Poor Mavs... first they stupidly trade their future for an aging Jason Kidd... only to fall in the second round of the playoffs, then Kidd retires, and all they have to show for it is a shattered future and trouble at the PG position. At the moment, undersized SG Jason Terry will play the point. Meanwhile, the Mavs acquire a solid Center in Krstic, and a decent backup swingman in Carlos Delfino. Really doesn't make up for losing Kidd, or all those guys they traded for him for that matter.

Denver:

C - Camby/Nene/Hunter
PF - Kenyon Martin/Nene/Najera/Ongonozi(R)
SF - Anthony/Andres(R)/Kleiza/Ongonozi(R)
SG - Posey/Andres(R)/Iverson
PG - Iverson/Atkins

Denver got some great rookies. Too bad they were both forwards. Like the Bobcats, they are frontcourt heavy and suffer with depth in the backcourt. Can an Iverson/Posey backcourt win a title?

Detroit:

C - Rasheed Wallace/Carlos(R)/Ruffin
PF - Maxiell/Carlos(R)/Johnson
SF - Prince/Brown(R)/Artest
SG - Artest/Brown(R)/Hamilton/Afflalo
PG - Hamilton/Smush Parker/Quinn

Rumor has it that Isiah Thomas has taken over GM duties for over half the league. Thats the only way waiving franchise player Chauncey Billups, then signing Ron Artest would make sense. Good luck playing PG Rip.

Golden State:

C - Biedrins/Gadzuric/P. Davis
PF - A. Harrington/B. Wright/P. Davis
SF - S. Jackson/Carlos(R)/A. Harrington
SG - Belinelli/Azubuike/S. Jackson
PG - B. Davis/R. Mason/McKie

A deeper version of last year's team. Adding Paul Davis and Gadzuric will subtly help their backcourt. Because they haven't made any retarded moves, the Warriors should have a solid year.

Houston:

C - Yao/Scola
PF - Scola/Battier
SF - Battier/Pietrus/McGrady
SG - McGrady/Francis/Head
PG - Alston/Tuttle(R)/B. Jackson/Francis

With the NBA trend being getting a bunch of frontcourt guys, the Rockets have decided to try small ball, and thus decided to only draft guards and leave Yao and Luis Scola without true backups. Golden State 2!

Indiana:

C - J. O'Neal/Blount/Q. Ford(R)
PF - Murphy/Diogu/Tarik(R)/O'Neal
SF - Granger/Dunleavy
SG - Cook/Granger/Dunleavy/Williams
PG - Tinsley/Williams

The Pacers are pretty congested in the front court, but thats just one of the team's many problems. When will they ditch O'Neal and rebuild?

LA Clippers:

C - Kaman/M. Taylor/Cato
PF - Brand/Stevenson(R)/M. Taylor
SF - Maggette/Thomas
SG - Thornton/Mobley/Cole(R)
PG - Knight/Livingston

Now at full health, the Clippers haven't made any spectacular changes to the roster, but with Brand healthy, they should be above average.

LA Lakers:

C - Bynum/Gasol/Mbenga
PF - Gasol/Radmanovic/Odom
SF - Odom/Walton/Radmanovic/Hayes
SG - Bryant/Hayes/Monia
PG - Farmar/Fisher/Serrano(R)

The only major addition to the Lakers was swingman Jarvis Hayes. Hayes is a servicable backup for Kobe, and could be the thing that pushes the good Lakers team to great. Who knows?

Memphis:

C - Lehmann(R)/Brown/Tanner(R)/Milicic
PF - Green/Milicic/Warrick
SF - Gay/Warrick/Green
SG - Navarro/M. Miller/Crittenton
PG - Conley/Lowry/Crittenton

Despite making one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history, the Grizzlies still suck, and will suck for some time to come.

Miami:

C - Buck(R)/R. Swift/L. Wright
PF - Marion/Smirnov(R)/Wright/Croshere
SF - Wallace/D. Wright/Marion
SG - Wade/M. Daniels/C. Miles
PG - Banks/Miles/Wade

They are still weak at the 1 and 5 positions, but adding Gerald Wallace should keep them in the East's upper echelon.

Milwaukee:

C - Bogut/O'Bryant/Hollins(R)
PF - Villanueva/Yi/Bogut
SF - Mason/Simmons/Sefolosha
SG - Redd/Pavlovic/Sefolosha
PG - Hudson/R. Price

Losing Williams really hurt the Bucks. With the little improvements made in the offseason, the Bucks are solid at every position but the 1. Even with the trend being stupid offseason moves, there probably won't be playoff basketball in Milwaukee for at least another year.

Minnesota:

C - He(R)/Madsen/Jefferson
PF -A. Jefferson/Gomes/Madsen
SF - C. Brewer/Snyder/Tanner(R)
SG - Foye/Mccants/Buckner
PG - Nelson/Richard(R)/Foye

They are a bit thin in the frontcourt save for Al Jefferson, but the Timberwolves don't look that bad this year. Is the addition of Jameer Nelson and Guo He enough to finally catapult them into the playoffs?

New Jersey:

C - Diop/Nesterovic/Jason Collins
PF - Bosh/Mitchell Miller(R)/Boone
SF - Ager/Hassell/Carter
SG - Carter/Stuckey/Hassell
PG - Marcus Williams

They pulled off two hugely beneficial trades last year yet they narrowly missed the playoffs. Now with Devin Harris still unsigned, the Nets are left with a relatively thin backcourt. This team is a mess now... I'm glad I'm not Rod Thorn right now.

New Orleans:

C - Chandler/Dwyane Jones/H. Armstrong
PF - David West/Giles (R)/Armstrong
SF - Stojakovic/R. Butler/Gelabale
SG - Peterson/Fitzgerald(R)/R. Butler/Stojakovic
PG - Paul/James/Fitzgerald(R)

Last season was a bit of a disappointment, but the Hornets still managed to make the playoffs. With some minor adjustments to the bench, the Hornets look to build on last year's playoff appearance.

New York:

C - Curry/L. Simmons(R)/Lee
PF - Lee/Randolph/Balkman
SF - Q. Richardson/J. Jeffries/Balkman
SG - Crawford/F. Jones/Richardson
PG - M. Collins/Marbury/Robinson

Isiah is finally starting David Lee! Additionally, he has benched team cancer Stephon Marbury, who may be on the trading block now. The core Knicks team is the same as last year's though; so they are still dismal.

Orlando:

C - Howard/Foyle/Sow/Battie
PF - Turkoglu/Cook/Battie/Howard/Lewis
SF - Lewis/Walter(R)/Turkoglu/Bogans
SG - Redick/Bogans
PG - Kelly(R)/Ivey

The Magic have a pretty stacked frontcourt, but they have the worst backcourt in the NBA. Can Howard, Turkoglu and Lewis push their Guard-challenged team to the top?

Philadelphia:

C - Dalembert/Jason Smith/Brezec
PF - T. Young/B. Blake(R)/R. Bowen
SF - Iguodala/Carney/Young
SG - W. Green/Adams/Morris(R)
PG - A. Miller/Morris(R)

Overall, pretty much the same team as last year, with important bench players Evan, Williams and Ollie being replaced by rookies. Could squeak into the playoffs as a low seed.

Phoenix:

C - A. Stoudamire/Skinner/Foster/Diaw
PF - Carlos(R)/Palmer(R)/Diaw/Stoudamire/Foster
SF - Diaw/Hill/Tucker
SG - Barbosa/Tucker/Hill/Diaw
PG - Nash/Owens(R)/Barbosa

Losing Shaq to retirement sucked, as they had nothing to show for losing Marion (aside of the 15 million in cap space). The Suns are still solid, but are they still title contenders?

Portland:

C - Oden/Frye/Aldridge
PF - Aldridge/Frye/Miles
SF - Webster/Outlaw/J. Jones
SG - Roy/J. Jones/ J. Jack/Webster
PG - Blake/Jack/Hartley(R)/Xing(R)

The Blazers are about the same as last year, but unless they have a Chicago Bulls type regression, the future looks bright for the Blazers. Too bad they wasted their draft picks on crap PG's.

Sacramento:

C - S. Williams/Hawes/Moore
PF - Abdur-Rahim/Bass/Moore
SF - Salmons/Brett(R)/Power(R)
SG - Kevin Martin/Douby/Salmons
PG - Garcia/Wilks/Douby

Artest and Miller are gone, and it now looks like the Kings are the worst team in the league. With Kevin Martin being the Kings only player capable of being a good starter, look for Sacramento to come in last in the Pacific.

San Antonio:

C - Oberto/Barron/Duncan
PF - Duncan/Bonner/Oberto
SF - Udoka/Ross/Becker(R)
SG - Ginobili/A. James(R)/Ross
PG - Parker/Stoudamire/Vaughn

The Spurs lost the majority of their bench plus Bruce Bowen to retirement or Free Agency. Is the Spurs sort-of-dynasty over?

Seattle:

C - Wilcox/S. Swift/Sene
PF - Collison/Marshall/Wilcox/Swift
SF - Durant/Vinicius/Marshall/A. Griffin
SG - Griffin/Rodolfo Lopez(R)/Durant
PG - Ridnour/Watson/Lucas(R)

What were they thinking when they traded Jeff Green for Stromile Swift?? With that major setback, expect the Sonics to be just as terrible or worse than last year.

Toronto:

C - Muller/M. Jackson/Bargnani
PF - Bargnani/Garbajosa
SF - Jefferson/A. Parker/Kapono/Garbajosa/Graham
SG - Kapono/Graham/A. Parker/Jaric/Ford
PG - Ford/Anthony Johnson/B. Bird

Without Calderon and Bosh, the Raptors go from playoff regulars to a subpar basketball team. The dynamic duo of Ford and Jefferson probably won't be enough to keep the Raptors from sucking.

Utah:

C - Okur/Millsap/Boozer
PF - Boozer/Millsap/Harpring/Okur
SF - R. Brewer/Kirilenko/Munoz(R)
SG - Korver/Lehmann(R)/Almond/Brewer
PG - D. Williams/Hart/Almond

By keeping the championship core together, the Jazz look like the favorite to win it all this year too. Third year swingman Ronnie Brewer, who largely outplayed Andrei Kirilenko last season gets the starting nod this year.

Washington:

C - Haywood/Blatche/Harrison
PF - E. Thomas/Costa(R)/Fortson
SF - C. Butler/A. Carlos(R)/Augustine
SG - Stevenson/Carlos(R)/Arenas/Butler
PG - Arenas/A. Daniels

Gilbert Arenas has decided not to opt out, but after this season when his contract really runs out, the perennial all-star will likely leave due to Jamison's refusal to resign.

Major Free Agents:

Chauncey Billups
Ben Gordon
Antawn Jamison
Monta Ellis
Devin Harris
Ricky Davis
Michael Finley
Bruce Bowen
Jose Calderon
Eddie Jones
JR Smith
Juan Dixon
Alonzo Mourning
Bonzi Wells
Earl Boykins
Gerald Green
Chris Webber
Delonte West
Robert Horry
Jason Williams
Trevor Ariza
Daniel Gibson
Antonio McDyess
Chris Duhon
Gordan Giricek
Ruben Patterson
Yakhouba Diawara
Devean George
Jumaine Jones
Maurice Evans
Sergio Rodriguez
Dahntay Jones
Jalen Rose
Juwan Howard
Ronald Murray
Keyon Dooling
Dermarr Johnson
James White
Francisco Elson
Walter Herrmann
David Wesley
Michael Olowokandi
Chuck Hayes
Last edited by Lamrock on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Fut on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:43 am

Lol@ detroit. :d
i really like your contract negotation behind the scenes :P That europe guy make me laugh :P
Fut

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Yeah Live really needs to work the CPU's decision making, oh well nice previews, good luck! (Y)

Is Zach Randolph also on the inactive list for you? Same thing happened for me... Also surprised Boozer and Okur maintained their starting spots.. God I actually think the gameplay is pretty decent now, EA just needs to work out some of the finer details!
Chaser7

Postby Maree on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm

wow what a big list of free-agents...since we will both start in 09 I will "borrow" this list for peaking :)

not many "star swapping" in 07-08, which is good since cpu are making stupid trades.

hardwood classics: don't remember with which team I was playing, but Lebron James was dealt for Chauncey Billups, i was like WTF?!?
Maree

Postby homicide1550 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 am

Nice Preview mate! And the free agent list is pretty loaded.. Lots of good players there, Billups, Gordon, Ellis, etc..

And I also think that with your roster right now, you can make a push for the playoffs, since the East is kinda the weaker conference.

Good Luck! I’ll be following! (Y)
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Lamrock on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:48 am

Fut, Thanks for reading; I'm glad you liked that chapter. (Y)

Chaser7, Randolph isn't on the IR (since the Knicks only have 12 players), but yeah, the offseason is messed up. Okur and Boozer managed to keep their starting spots, as did most real starters. For me, lineups were less of a problem than free agency.

Maree, Your list may be different than mine. I have no idea why Billups is unsigned, and Artest went to the Pistons. Trades in Live are generally uncommon, but when they do happen they are done. My favorite of all-time was Kobe for Kenyon Martin. :roll:
Lamrock

Postby L10 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 am

superb recap lamrock :!:
keep this up (Y)
SIGNATURE SKILLS POLLS :
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=93732

L10

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:55 am

Oops I didn't see Randolph in the lineps for some reason... My bad, I just assumed he was inactive... :oops: :lol:
Chaser7

Postby deihatein on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:35 am

Like your roster Lamrock, and also the recap you made, i dont like some of the other teams move maybe because all of them are stupid moves and some of team are stacked.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lamrock on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Meet the 2008-09 Atlanta Hawks

Starting Center - Jamaal Magloire - Acquired as a free agent during the offseason to a the Mid-Level exception, Magloire finally gives the Hawks a true Center, allowing Al Horford to play his true position: Power Forward. After having an all-star season in 2004, Magloire's Hornets suffered an 18-64 season the following season. Following a trade to the Bucks that offseason, he became a journeyman, having little success during tenures with Milwaukee, Portland, New Jersey and Dallas. Now 30 years old, Magloire signs with the Hawks in hopes of not wasting the rest of his prime. "The last few years have been tough... I know I can still be an all-star caliber player given the chance. I'm ecstatic that Coach (Washburn) is letting me start. Mark my words, you won't be let down", remarked Magloire on the season. With a lack of quality Centers in the East, can the 6'11" Canadian be an all-star again?

Starting Power Forward - Al Horford - Horford had a strong rookie season, starting at the Center position and averaging 12.2 PPG and 7.7 RPG. He also finished third in Rookie of the Year voting (behind Seattle's Kevin Durant and Philadelphia's Thaddeus Young). Horford looks to build on the success on last season playing at his true position. "I'm glad Jamaal is here and I can play the 4. I feel kind of bad for Marvin having to come off the bench, but I think that our team can finally make the playoffs with this rotation," Horford said in a press conference. One thing is for sure: Al Horford is a player to watch this season.

Starting Small Forward - Josh Smith - Recently signing to a huge extension, there will be a lot of pressure on Josh Smith in this upcoming season. He isn't worried. "You know, a lot of people get these big contracts and just slack off until the last season. Thats not me. I'm just going to continue doing what I do. I want to be an all-star this season", says Smith on his 5 year, 48 million dollar extension. The Atlanta Hawks hope that with his new contract, Smith becomes more like LeBron and less like Darius Miles.

Starting Shooting Guard - Joe Johnson - Coming off his second straight all-star appearance, and third straight trip to the lottery, Joe Johnson is ready to take it to the next level. "We are making the playoffs. There are no excuses this year. We have the team, its time." Johnson, who emerged on the scene during the Phoenix Suns' 62-20 season in 2005 knows success, but that was when he was on a team with Steve Nash, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire. Is J.J. finally ready to lead a team to success?

Starting Point Guard - Mike Bibby - Acquired last season for a draft bust and a bunch of small expiring contracts, Mike Bibby finally gives the Hawks something they have lacked for years: a decent point guard. Possibly the best Point Guard never to make the all-star game, Bibby had a solid first season in Atlanta, averaging just under 14 points and 8 assists. "Things just weren't working out in Sacramento. Even though we finished 33-49 [last season], I think we have a great future ahead of us, and I look forward to this season."

PF/SF - Marvin Williams - The Hawks selecting Marvin Williams over superstar Point Guards Chris Paul and Deron Williams was seen as one of the most controversial selections in NBA history. Williams, who further clogged his team at the Forward positions has never been more than an average starting Forward. Williams put up averages of 14.2 points and 6.6 Rebounds last season, par for his first two seasons. Seen as a bust, Coach Washburn decided to play Marvin off the bench to see if that could invigorate his career. It will be interesting to see if this boosts his development.

SG/SF - Josh Childress - Josh Childress will continue to back up Joe Johnson and Josh Smith yet again. Childress seems fine with his role as a Hawk though, as he signed a four year extension this offseason. Will Childress ever bust out of his 6th man role?

C - Zaza Pachulia - Pachulia has always been a serviceable big man, and that won't change this year. He will be Jamaal Magloire's primary backup.

PG - Speedy Claxton - Seen by most as a waste of money, Claxton is the Hawks backup Point Guard, and his large contract played a large role in the sacking of Billy Knight. Claxton is currently on the trading block.

PG - Acie Law - Law was used very sparingly last season, and unless Speedy Claxton is traded, he will continue to split minutes with him as the backup PG.

PF - Craig Smith - Acquired for the league minimum by the Hawks, Smith could end up being a steal for the Hawks. However, barring an injury, Smith will likely not see much playing time.

C - Ellery Cochrane - Cochrane was touted to be drafted in the mid to late first round but slid all the way to the 41st pick. The Hawks may be solid at the 5, but come playoffs, the more decent Centers, the better. Cochrane, along with Smith could be huge acquisitions.

Coach/GM - Liam Washburn - Not too much is known about the 28 year old wonder kind coach/general manager Liam Washburn. Washburn briefly played for the Washington Huskies at the starting point guard, before suffering an injury that ended his playing days. After that though, he stayed involved on the sidelines, and before long, was slotted as the Atlanta Hawks assistant general manager. After succeeding Billy Knight, Washburn made a bold move by electing himself head coach of the team. Will this experiment work? We can't wait to find out.
Last edited by Lamrock on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Nice team preview, although I really disagree that Williams is a bust at all. Even in the game where his stats are worse than real life, those aren't that bad. He's at least shown he can play and while me may never be a superstar, he's still solid. Plus I think he was overrated come draft time, he was only a 6th man at UNC anyways..
Chaser7

Postby Mandich on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:57 pm

I read it all (Y) I like your dynasty the most here(no offence chaser i follow yours too) and i hope you continue it
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:51 am

Hawks Blow Out Bulls In Opener

Atlanta, GA - Lets all hope this is a sign of things to come. In the Hawks season opener, the Washburn era began with a blowout win over the hapless Bulls. The frontcourt trio of Jamaal Magloire, Al Horford and 6th man Marvin Williams dominated. It was only one game, but Williams' line of 24, 8 and 5 makes him the premature front runner for the 6th man and most improved awards.

On the other hand, the Bulls were just awful. Their poor defense, carelessness and inability to pass the ball allowed the Hawks to walk all over them. "We were terrible. Everything we shouldn't do, we did. Marvin lit us up," said Bulls coach Jim Boylan on the loss. The sole plus for the Bulls was Kirk Hinrich, who had 23 points.

The first half was relatively close, with the Hawks holding a small edge throughout, but with the size of the lead seesawing between 3 and 10 points. At the half, it was Hawks by 8. A pair of Hinrich three's got his Bulls within two at the beginning of the second half, but that seemed to just wake the Hawks up, as they proceeded to go on a 19-4 run, and from there Chicago never came within 15 points as the Hawks cruised to a blowout win.

New addition Jamaal Magloire had a huge game, with 18 points and 11 rebounds, reminding us of his 2004 all-star season. Joe Johnson, the Hawks franchise player had a solid, albeit unspectacular game with 18 points and 7 rebounds. "I didn't need to go out there and score 30 points for us to win. Our team just clicked. I hope this continues," remarked Johnson on the victory.

This is certainly an encouraging victory, but over the past two seasons, there have been plenty of those moments, which proved to be flukes. Atlanta will truly be tested in their next game: Vs. LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Will the Hawks continue this play, or will they fall down the same path of being the joke of the NBA? And will this sportswriter ever stop ending articles with questions? Time will tell.

JORDAN Player of the Game: Marvin Williams (24 Points, 8 Rebounds, 5 Assists)
MCDWYANE Shitass of the Game: Ben Gordon (7 Points, 2 Assists, 2 Rebounds, 3-14 FG)

Notable Performers:

Williams (ATL): 24 Points, 8 Rebounds, 5 Assists
Magloire (ATL): 18 Points, 11 Rebounds
Horford (ATL): 14 Points, 8 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Blocks
Johnson (ATL): 18 Points, 7 Rebounds
Bibby (ATL): 11 Points, 9 Assists

Hinrich (CHI): 23 Points, 4 Assists
Brown (CHI): 12 Points, 5 Assists
Gooden (CHI): 10 Points, 6 Rebounds

CHI 24 18 21 21 84
ATL 29 21 32 26 108
Last edited by Lamrock on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Skills on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 am

LOL, McDwyane shitass of the game.. Loved the read!
Nice win over the Bulls! If only Marvin could keep up that play in real life.
Then Atlanta wouldn't be regretting not drafting Chris Paul as much.
Last edited by Skills on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skills
Man On The Moon

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:18 am

I played against Chicago though. You only read the bold text, didn't you?
Lamrock

Postby Skills on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:24 am

Lol oh shit, my bad. :oops: I can't seem to get LeBron out of my head.
And the fact that I was looking over at Homicide's dynasty at the same time.
Got me a little mixed on both.
Skills
Man On The Moon

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:21 pm

No worries. Its good to at least have followers. (On that note, where has Chaser been the past couple days?)

Next update is hopefully tomorrow.
Lamrock

Postby Maree on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:33 pm

i like the presentation, it's simple and it gives you the all information you need.

only couple links to boxscores would be welcome...

nice win with sharing the ball (Y)
Maree

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:49 pm

I can't get boxscores because I play on a console, and I don't have the TV/skills that Chaser has to get his pictures up sadly. Also, the recaps won't just be game-by-game as they take too long, and the season doesn't progress quickly. I am actually using a format similar to The X's Bobcats dynasty but with important games in this format.
Lamrock

Postby SpaceFlare on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm

lol McDwyane Shitass of the Game. Bulls seem to still have that logjam at shooting guard, eh.

Marvin Williams put up solid numbers off the bench. I've always liked Marvin Williams. I'm hoping he has a breakout season in your dynasty.

Excellent, well-written writeups so far. Keep this up!
SpaceFlare

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the praise. Like I said though, I am not going to do a long winded recap for every game. It isn't worth it. I hope you guys like it anyway though. My recaps will be a lot like the X's, but with one of two long-winded recap per month.

Next update in a few days.
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:43 am

Nice recap Lamrock, sorry I haven't been on lately, its spring break and I've been hanging out with friends for the last few days. First time I've been home in a while. Anyways, see told you Marvin Williams isn't a bust. Maybe he won't be KG, but he'll be solid. Funny how you switched it from McDwyane MVP to McDwyane Shitass..
Chaser7

Postby homicide1550 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:21 pm

That last paragraph was funny... :lol:

Anyways nice start and good luck with your game against The King and his Cavaliers..
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby deihatein on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Nice win Lamrock over the Bulls. Love the recaps especially the last part of it :mrgreen:. Hope you get Hawks to the playoffs and do not get a 8th seed
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Okay, I have some bad news. My 360 just got the lower red light of death. Basically, my game's graphics are totally screwed up. I am going to try some more things, and if worse comes to worst I'll wrap my 360 in towels to create the red rings problem that is covered and send it in.

Either way, one month hiatus, unless I fix it.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame