Help with Sweat Patches!!

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Help with Sweat Patches!!

Postby KiNgDeEy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:20 am

I've just started lookin through all the mods for this game and thought since i have it on Xbox i might try n get sum of these to work on it. I've got the Lighting patch and a startup screen into the game and working, but i can't get the sweat patches in. I exported the sweats texture as a .dds from FshX but when i try to import i get a funny color messy picture in DOLFFIN. I don't think .dds works well with it. Do you know any other Images formats apart from .dds that keep the Alpha intact???

Thanks in advance :D
KiNgDeEy

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:10 am

Well, xbox textures are "swizzled" when compared to PC textures. I have only successfully extracted images from XSH files using a hex editor, fshline, and the swizzle program. My only guess would be to change the xbox header from ShpX(which is the xbox header for FSH files) to Shpf(header for PC FSH files), swizzle the pc texture, import it with fshline, and then hex edit the header from Shpf(PC) to ShpX(xbox) and try it on your xbox. Dolffin can't successfully import/export XSH files. You can get the swizzleer/unswizzler from krawhitham I believe, at eamods.com. I'm not quite sure where I got it on the net or where it is on my computer . Maybe google will find it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KiNgDeEy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey,

i do have the swizzle/unswizzle tool as i was checking out the ESPN Overlays for scoring aswell, when i open the XSH files from Overlays or Logos in Dolffin the images do appear swizzled, but armbase and that don't come up swizzled so i just presumed you didnt have to swizzle the image wen you import them, i have exported the sweat from Fshx as a dds and opend it in DXTBmp to make sure it has the sweat alpha which it does :D Could you tell me how to import my .dds into the armXXbase.xsh file using fshline? does fshline support xsh? or if you could tell me a good method of importing and exporting in and out of an XSH would be much appreciated thanks :D
KiNgDeEy

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Well, from my knowledge, and XSH is the same as an FSH with only two differences. In a hex editor the header(first 4 characters) of a FSH file reads Shpf and the images are unswizzled and easily editable with the current tools available. An XSH file has a header of ShpX and the images are swizzled. So, to get the images out of an XSH, you change the header to Shpf, and export with fshline, then run the swizzle program on the bitmaps to unswizzle the image(s). So I guess the exact opposite should work for converting FSH to XSH.

First you would need to extract the images form the sweat patch and then swizzle them. Use fshline to do this wiht the -nfs option because I don't think the swizzle program likes DDS or PNG files. Your command line should look like this-

fshline armXXbase.fsh -nfs

There should be a few BMP's in the folder that is created. One for RGB and one for Alpha for each image in the fsh. Swizzle all of them with the program.

Now, with the XSH files. Change the XSH extension to FSH. Next, edit the XSH header from ShpX to Shpf with a hex editor, then run fshline on it to extract the images. Now you need to replace those images with the swizzled versions, reimport the images and change the header of the FSH file back to ShpX and change the extension to XSH. Hopefully it works.

You said the armbase doesn't come up swizzled, but Dolffin imports it incorrectly. Can you upload just one armXXbase.xsh file for me from xbox so I can take a look at it?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KiNgDeEy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Hey,

here's a arm00base.xsh freshly extracted with bigGUI (Y)
http://rapidshare.com/files/26955215/arm00base.xsh
KiNgDeEy

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:13 am

I took a look at it and your right. It's not swizzled and fshx opens it after a simple header fix. The one thing that makes it different, is that it has no alpha file. The alpha is what gives it the sweaty look. So, maybe the alpha is somewhere else. In live 06, the arm and leg alphas were in the cmntex.fsh file. If the xbox still uses thismethod, then the sweat patch for NBA Live 06 should work. If it doesn't, maybe creating an alpha would work. So try thr 06 sweat patch first and let me know.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KiNgDeEy on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey,

I managed to find the cmntex file and transfered the arm and leg sweat from the 2006 Patch into it (swizzled of course) i will tell you the results wen i get them into the game...

the only thing is that i did the simple header fix and changed ShpX to ShpF and FSHx will not open the XSH??? Fshline allowed me to extract the images however, so i have resorted to using Dolffin to import the swizzled images of Leg and Arm sweat into the cmntex.XSH and all has gone well so far. I wasn't able to find the file for the Face Sweat so i didnt try that.
KiNgDeEy

Postby KiNgDeEy on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Pdub wrote:Well, from my knowledge, and XSH is the same as an FSH with only two differences. In a hex editor the header(first 4 characters) of a FSH file reads Shpf and the images are unswizzled and easily editable with the current tools available. An XSH file has a header of ShpX and the images are swizzled. So, to get the images out of an XSH, you change the header to Shpf, and export with fshline, then run the swizzle program on the bitmaps to unswizzle the image(s). So I guess the exact opposite should work for converting FSH to XSH.

First you would need to extract the images form the sweat patch and then swizzle them. Use fshline to do this wiht the -nfs option because I don't think the swizzle program likes DDS or PNG files. Your command line should look like this-

fshline armXXbase.fsh -nfs

There should be a few BMP's in the folder that is created. One for RGB and one for Alpha for each image in the fsh. Swizzle all of them with the program.

Now, with the XSH files. Change the XSH extension to FSH. Next, edit the XSH header from ShpX to Shpf with a hex editor, then run fshline on it to extract the images. Now you need to replace those images with the swizzled versions, reimport the images and change the header of the FSH file back to ShpX and change the extension to XSH. Hopefully it works.

You said the armbase doesn't come up swizzled, but Dolffin imports it incorrectly. Can you upload just one armXXbase.xsh file for me from xbox so I can take a look at it?

Im trying to make a Transition scree also, i used this method with Fshline and it gave me a Bunch of .BMP files and i have replaced them with the swizzled images from a TNT Transition screen :D the problem now is that Fshline won't reimport the Images back into the .xsh it says cannot open 0000.BMP reading through the Fshline readme it says they must be .dds or PNG? should i convert all the images to .dds?
KiNgDeEy

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:17 pm

Don't forget to change the extension of the filename to FSH as well as changing the header.

The face sweat files are either the fspec**.fsh files like 06, or they are individual alphas for each cyberfaces. For your sake I hope the fspec files are used, because they aren't on the pc version of 07.

I have had that error before, but I have no way around it. You should take those swizzled bmp's and turn them into dds/png files. Then import them with Dolffin or fshline without the -nfs option when extracting.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KiNgDeEy on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:32 pm

dissapointing, the xbox has alpha's for every individual face so looks like i won't be puting the sweat from the face onto the Players lol
KiNgDeEy

Re: Help with Sweat Patches!!

Postby Devilish on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

How did you extract it with bigGUI anyway?
Pdub i sent u a pm about a week ago?
i wanted to ask a few questions about .XSH files,I wanted to see if i could come up with some new things for the community :bowdown2: Plzzzzz!!
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Postby Dc311 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:56 pm

This is a big bump just to get someone's attention.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Devilish on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Actually its not im basically asking how to extract .XSH files using bigGUI
not just trying to get Pdub's attention,but anyone's help who's offering :wink:
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Return to NBA Live 07