CPU Lay-up Percentage: 65
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 32
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 38
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 95
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 30
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 45
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 40
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 40

These sliders are working well on 12-minute quarters - I've been testing them by just playing the first half of games, since fatigue and lack of motivation on my part to sub out CPU players skews the stats. These sliders will be aimed at realism as much as possible. Current issues include too many drives by CPU SGs like Ginobili and Hughes ending in dunks over my defender, despite the relevant slider being at 35, and not quite enough free throws being awarded. Scores are very realistic if you play a slow-down style of half-court ball like me - I usually shoot with less than 8 seconds left on the shot clock. I'll probably revise these sometime in the next few days, and eventually work up to a 1.0 version that I'm 100% content with. Enjoy!

EDIT: v0.2 - Slight adjustments based on further testing. On-Ball Physical Defense and On-Ball Defense Assist sliders have gone up to minimize PGs blowing past their slower defenders and going straight to the basket out of the new defensive animations. I'll probably redo the shooting sliders in the next revision, as I'm using values that worked well in 06 but seem to be less optimal here. Difficulty and Quarter Length also added.

EDIT: v0.3 - I'm happy with this set. It still does nothing to counteract the effectiveness of the default Shooter A play, especially with someone like T-Mac or Kobe as the beneficiary, but all other aspects have improved. They play very realistically if you like a slow-down style - these are not for people who try to fast break and dunk after every rebound, nor for the people who pass to the wide open wing player on every play. I prefer to pretend that the glitch doesn't exist, and wait for all my players to come down the floor and set up the play. Any criticism is helpful - I've got a few more ideas to test out.
Last edited by BigKaboom2 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigKaboom2

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:52 pm

How do you save the sliders within the game?
Uncle Drew

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:54 pm

They should save automatically if you close the game normally. Unfortunately it's not possible to save multiple sets of sliders.
BigKaboom2

Postby Voxel on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:55 pm

guys, are you playing on superstar level? maybe i suck at shooting but i can't hit a shot to save my life unless i'm wide open on the last 2 sets! i gotta say that besides that both feel pretty good (Y)
Voxel

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Pistol wrote:How do you save the sliders within the game?

From the main menu, go to Options, Load/Save, and on the bottom right, select 'Save Settings'. That should do the trick.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Voxel wrote:guys, are you playing on superstar level? maybe i suck at shooting but i can't hit a shot to save my life unless i'm wide open on the last 2 sets! i gotta say that besides that both feel pretty good (Y)

Sometimes I feel like I can't hit a shot, then I look at my stats and I'm shooting about 44%, so it's a case where you've got to sacrifice the "fun factor" for realism, in my experience.

Sliders updated (Y)
BigKaboom2

Postby Throwbacks on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 pm

BigKaboom2 wrote:
Voxel wrote:guys, are you playing on superstar level? maybe i suck at shooting but i can't hit a shot to save my life unless i'm wide open on the last 2 sets! i gotta say that besides that both feel pretty good (Y)

Sometimes I feel like I can't hit a shot, then I look at my stats and I'm shooting about 44%, so it's a case where you've got to sacrifice the "fun factor" for realism, in my experience.

Sliders updated (Y)
Yea i keep losing cuz I cant hit shots lol!!
Throwbacks

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:52 pm

Throwbacks wrote:Yea i keep losing cuz I cant hit shots lol!!

If anyone is motivated enough to play a 48-minute game, making appropriate subs for both User and CPU, and tell me some stats, mainly FG%, I would be most grateful.

I suppose I'll have to suck it up and do it myself sometime, just to see if my style of play yields a higher FG% than others.

Any observations about the frequency of the CPU driving to the bucket would also be helpful.

EDIT: I set the Long Range Shooting slider in hopes that it would come out around 30% shooting for a team. However, in this game it is very easy to get very wide open threes on almost every possession that seem impossible to miss. I don't really have a solution except to play an inside out game i.e. lob one in to a post player, wait for the double team, then kick it back out again, maybe fake a shot, then give it back to the post man. It often gets rid of the double team in the post and allows you to make some nice moves without all the traffic in the lane.
BigKaboom2

Postby paradizecityz on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:44 am

i started working on the sliders, past 2 nba live games i have made the sliders to be realistic but for 10 minutes and make em feel like 12 min game; however the sliders i make, sometime the speed are slow but all the statistics are same as in real life, FG%, Shots per game, Points per game, etc. in last year's nba live, i played a 29 game season and only 3 opponents were able to score over 100 against me to show you how my sliders are, for this year, i have started to work and for right now, im still getting scores in the 100s but not 140s and such, closer to 100s and 110s so mine should be up pretty soon (Y)
paradizecityz

Postby Jark89 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:06 am

BigKaboom2, thanks. I'll have to up the "On-ball defense" sliders to avoid those guards driving by every time.

Also, how can I get my C/PF to NOT grab every single rebound??

So far in each game I play (10min quarters, Superstar) they get like 20 boards each, with 7-8 offensive boards. Total rebounds are in the low 50s, w/ the CPU shooting around 45%. I've tried setting my Offensive Rebounding slider to 2, but they're still getting offensive boards like crazy. :(
Jark89

Postby jots on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am

I´ve seen this aswell. Power Forward and center seem to grab almost all rebounds. Total number of rebounds is pretty realistic but I don´t want to have two players average 16-17 rpg. Any ideas?
jots

Postby TC#10 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:42 am

So does anyone know how to get the CPU to Sub with any of these slider changes?
It's pretty unfortunate that the CPU team doesn't call timeouts or Sub.. the only time it does sub it players is when the guy is in foul trouble.. pretty sad, but other than that it's alright....
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby BigKaboom2 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:11 am

Jark89 wrote:BigKaboom2, thanks. I'll have to up the "On-ball defense" sliders to avoid those guards driving by every time.

So far in each game I play (10min quarters, Superstar) they get like 20 boards each, with 7-8 offensive boards. Total rebounds are in the low 50s, w/ the CPU shooting around 45%. I've tried setting my Offensive Rebounding slider to 2, but they're still getting offensive boards like crazy. :(

It seems crazy to put the On-Ball Defense sliders over freaking 85, but it's looking like that's what I've got to do. My only suggestion for the crazy rebounding is to either use more of the shot clock on your possessions or lower the quarter length. I can't do much more for it than setting Offensive Rebounds to 0 and Defensive to 100.
BigKaboom2

Postby LaSing on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:21 am

jots wrote:

I´ve seen this aswell. Power Forward and center seem to grab almost all rebounds. Total number of rebounds is pretty realistic but I don´t want to have two players average 16-17 rpg. Any ideas?

What team you guys are using? My C/PF bad at round. I'm using Rockets, EA make Yao too slow this year. I have to control McGrady to grab the rebound instead.
LaSing

Postby paradizecityz on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:32 am

LaSing wrote:
jots wrote:

What team you guys are using? My C/PF bad at round. I'm using Rockets, EA make Yao too slow this year. I have to control McGrady to grab the rebound instead.
i use Rockets too and Yao gets too many rebounds
paradizecityz

Postby Jark89 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:10 pm

TC#10 wrote:So does anyone know how to get the CPU to Sub with any of these slider changes?
It's pretty unfortunate that the CPU team doesn't call timeouts or Sub.. the only time it does sub it players is when the guy is in foul trouble.. pretty sad, but other than that it's alright....

Heheh, one other time the CPU subs is near the end of the game and there's a blow-out. I was down by like 20+ points w/ less than 2 minutes left, and the CPU subbed all the starters out and put in the garbage men. :lol:
Jark89

Postby --- on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:57 pm

i started working on the sliders, past 2 nba live games i have made the sliders to be realistic but for 10 minutes and make em feel like 12 min game; however the sliders i make, sometime the speed are slow but all the statistics are same as in real life, FG%, Shots per game, Points per game, etc. in last year's nba live, i played a 29 game season and only 3 opponents were able to score over 100 against me to show you how my sliders are, for this year, i have started to work and for right now, im still getting scores in the 100s but not 140s and such, closer to 100s and 110s so mine should be up pretty soon

Sounds good. Is the overall gameplay this year slower?
---

Postby LaSing on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:06 am

paradizecityz wrote:
LaSing wrote:
jots wrote:

Who control Yao? You or CPU? How many min are you playing? I usually only play 6-8 min quarter.
LaSing

Postby paradizecityz on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:32 am

Flite_23 wrote:
i started working on the sliders, past 2 nba live games i have made the sliders to be realistic but for 10 minutes and make em feel like 12 min game; however the sliders i make, sometime the speed are slow but all the statistics are same as in real life, FG%, Shots per game, Points per game, etc. in last year's nba live, i played a 29 game season and only 3 opponents were able to score over 100 against me to show you how my sliders are, for this year, i have started to work and for right now, im still getting scores in the 100s but not 140s and such, closer to 100s and 110s so mine should be up pretty soon

Sounds good. Is the overall gameplay this year slower?

yea only thing about my sliders are the gameplay are slower but its not as bad as last year, last year i felt they were moving like glaciers but its more smooth for now

LaSing wrote:
paradizecityz wrote:
LaSing wrote:
jots wrote:

Who control Yao? You or CPU? How many min are you playing? I usually only play 6-8 min quarter.

i always play 10 min, most of the time CPU controls Yao but for some period, I control him too
paradizecityz

Postby --- on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:36 am

yea only thing about my sliders are the gameplay are slower but its not as bad as last year, last year i felt they were moving like glaciers but its more smooth for now

I played NBA LIve 2005 on 12 min quarters with game speed at 36... nothing is slow to me anymore :lol:
---

Postby paradizecityz on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:45 am

Flite_23 wrote:

I played NBA LIve 2005 on 12 min quarters with game speed at 36... nothing is slow to me anymore :lol:

lol but last year i played gamespeed at 24 :shock:
paradizecityz

Postby LaSing on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:47 am

Okay, that's explain why 16-17 reb from C/PF. I only test it in 6min. I got like 8-10 reb with Yao.
LaSing

Postby paradizecityz on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 am

how are these stats, ive gotten to this point right now, though my shooting percentage is still high and im gonna work on that

paradizecityz

Postby jaywill on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 pm

i just lowered the speed med. long and 3 pt shooting and i got real stats :)
jaywill

Postby Chris. on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:26 am

As ever the CPU did great in making subs for Miami :roll: paradizecityz what gameplay speed do you use for Live 07?
Chris.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07