NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Postby Stonecold on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:20 pm

I would like to ask people to submit their sliders settings in here. Cheer
Stonecold

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:41 pm

Stickied so we've got our official thread for this year. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BigKaboom2 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 pm

I haven't begun messing around with the sliders yet, but I would wager that the CPU Interception slider needs to be lowered and User On-Ball Defense should be increased.

A ton of my passes to the wings are getting jumped by the defender, and I don't want to have to use off-ball all the time to make the wing player do a V-cut.

Many times the defensive "lockdown" animation borrowed from March Madness '06 kicks in and the CPU PG beats my defender and goes straight to the hole. It would be fine if the PG passed once in a while, but he always makes a beeline for the basket and jacks one up. I would imagine On-Ball Defense might solve this, though it could be something else.

Otherwise, FG and Game Speed sliders probably need to go down as usual, and I'm sensing that 100 Defensive Rebounding and 0 Offensive Rebounding might still not be a bad idea.

I may work on a set this weekend, but I'm never very confident with my slider tweaking.
BigKaboom2

Postby kenshin_himura on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:10 pm

what about the fatigue and CPU sub? should we set it to 0? :roll:
kenshin_himura

Postby BigKaboom2 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:13 pm

I'd say we don't have much choice at the moment! :wall:
BigKaboom2

Postby Voxel on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:16 pm

BigKaboom2 wrote:I haven't begun messing around with the sliders yet, but I would wager that the CPU Interception slider needs to be lowered and User On-Ball Defense should be increased.

A ton of my passes to the wings are getting jumped by the defender, and I don't want to have to use off-ball all the time to make the wing player do a V-cut.

Many times the defensive "lockdown" animation borrowed from March Madness '06 kicks in and the CPU PG beats my defender and goes straight to the hole. It would be fine if the PG passed once in a while, but he always makes a beeline for the basket and jacks one up. I would imagine On-Ball Defense might solve this, though it could be something else.

Otherwise, FG and Game Speed sliders probably need to go down as usual, and I'm sensing that 100 Defensive Rebounding and 0 Offensive Rebounding might still not be a bad idea.

I may work on a set this weekend, but I'm never very confident with my slider tweaking.

you are right on most of this.

the on-ball physical defense to 100 works pretty well for both sides. it doesn't change the human part very much since on any value for CPU on-ball physical defense, the CPU defenders still seem to predict your move too well and bump you out anyway (maybe it's because i'm playing on superstar level). the cpu PG and swingmen still slide by you way too often though.

i lowered the shooting sliders to 38 - 40 - 43 as in previous versions, but i couldn't hit many jumpers unless i was wide open by a mile.

i just finished playing a 10 min quarters dallas (cpu) vs miami (me) and had decent results: lost 101 to 95... they got on a huge run midway trough the 4th quarter cause i started trying to layup/dunk and took my chances on mid-range jumpers that never seemed to go in with those sliders.

the default 40 speed seems very very acurate for 10 minute quarters, might need to go down for 12 min.

rebounds where pretty good at default values. we were tied at 40: they had 30 def - 10 off, I had 35 def - 5 off.

i've noticed that if i didn't control my center or pf he would grab most of the rebonds and box-out by himself, whereas when i controlled him cause i wanted to help defending someone taking it to the rim they always got the second chance points. shaq grabbed 14 and i don't think i was controlling him on any of them. i did grab a few with haslem who finished with 8, mostly because when i controlled haslem, CPU controlled shaq boxed out.

i lost the turnover 23 to 14. interception sliders definitely need to go down imo. terry had 7 steals and i think all of them were from suddenly jumping into very short passes to wade sitting on the wing. it's not like they intercepted cross-court passes, they were jumping into lanes out of nowhere on very close tip passes.

my 2 cents...
Voxel

Postby BigKaboom2 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Agreed on all of those points. I don't think FG sliders will need to go down as much as last year - percentages aren't that bad on default. Superstar is very difficult IMO.

That is a nice score for 10-minute quarters, but the game feels too fast at 40 to me.

I think you're right about the rebounding - in 06 I got used to switching to the C or PF to grab the rebound because my teammates could never time it correctly. I'll have to break that habit to properly observe the rebounding behavior.

Sounds like you've got precisely the same interception issue on Superstar - the thing is, the interception animations look very cool this year, so I'm not always that angry when I throw one.....weird, I know.
BigKaboom2

Postby el badman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:55 am

Agreed on all of those points. I don't think FG sliders will need to go down as much as last year - percentages aren't that bad on default. Superstar is very difficult IMO.

True. I played in superstar with the Bobcats against Atlanta (11mn qt), and I lost 89-106 or something like that. I didn't expect to win, but superstar is really hard this year. They were not hitting all their shots or anything (I tweaked their sliders to 35-44-38 I believe), but their defense is insane, no matter how much freestyle stuff I use, CPU always seems to know where I'm going and I had to force shots most of the time...

That is a nice score for 10-minute quarters, but the game feels too fast at 40 to me.

Same here, especially when you back down. I tried to lower it, but then the turbo (which is already very very weak) feels even more useless, so I let it at 40...
I increased user defense assist and physical defense, but didn't seem to do much. I thought you guys were exaggerating, but the PG domination is really there and very annoying...Claxton had 38 points, even with 3 defenders on him he'd find a way to the basket or get the foul and hit FTs...Joe Johnson had 36 pts and was shooting like crazy. And for some reason Josh Smith was hitting a medium to long range bunch a shots from the sides.
And of course they all played 44 minutes each, no subs whatsoever (why would EA get rid of this setting?? :evil: :evil: ).
Other than that, I lowered (for both user and CPU) dunks to 25, layups to 75, off rbd to 10, def rbd to 90, steals/interceptions to 35-35, blocks to 35-40 (finally managed to do a couple of blocks, yay!)...
That was my feedback. :wink:
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby LaSing on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 am

I haven't mess with the slider yet. Just played a few game with default setting, which is 5 min quarter all-star difficulty. This is what I see.

1. cpu interception and steal need to go down
2. offensive rebound need to go down
3. outside shooting definately need to go down, I got Devin Harris killing me from outside, he's not even a good 3pts shooter, I haven't check his 3pts ability, maybe that need to go down as well
4. dunk and superstar freestyle ability need to go down, Wade just come and dunk on everybody almost every single time
LaSing

Postby Uptempo on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:15 am

If anyone needs sliders for Next Gen playmakers has posted his first set. He hasn't finished the playbooks yet but his sliders were posted yesterday.
Uptempo

Postby LakersGM1 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:17 am

I need current gen ones.
LakersGM1

Postby MAVSMAN on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:09 am

Where did Playmakers post these sliders for Next Gen? I'd like to see them but i can't find them
MAVSMAN

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:10 am

Operation Sports, I imagine. You have to register.
BigKaboom2

Postby Uptempo on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:31 am

Here's Playmakers sliders for 360. He's going to do playbooks like last year later on he said.

SUPER STAR LEVEL

UPDATED 10/01/06

CAMERA: (PRESS CAM/10-HEIGHT/2-ZOOM) OR (CABLE CAM/HEIGHT-10, 2-ZOOM)

ASSIGN HIGH PRESSURE DEFENSE TO ALL PLAYERS ON BOTH CPU AND HUMAN TEAM TO MAKE FOULS EQUAL DURING GAMEPLAY.

MINUTES: 10

Auto Subs-ON
Game Speed: 100.........................(100 keeps the pace moving & sub's more frequent)
FT Difficulty: 50...........................(75 if your good at FT shooting)
Fatigue Effect: 75
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 75
Shooting Foul Frequency: 85
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 40
In-air Collision Foul Frequency:75

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 25
User Shot Block Ability: 15
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 100
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 100
User Offensive Rebounding: 0
User Defensive Rebounding: 50
User Fakeout Discipline: 25
User Short Range Shooting: 40
User Medium Range Shooting: 60
User Long Range Shooting: 60
User Dunk Percentage: 40
User Lay-up Percentage: 55
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 45
User Double-team Effectiveness: 5
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 25
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness-50
User Pass Lane Defensive Ability-50
User Defensive Low Post Strength-25
User Shot Alter Ability-100
User Fight Through Screen Ability-25
User Pass Accuarcy-50
User Hands in Post-25
User Hands on Perimeter-50

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 90...................(If you spend time showboating they'll pick your pocket)
CPU Interception Ability: 50
CPU Shot Block Ability: 15
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 100
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 100.....(CPU doesn't abuse this and it lets them animate more often)
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 40
CPU On Ball Defensive Assist-100
CPU On Ball Physical Defense-75
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 100
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 100
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 25
CPU Short Range Shooting: 40
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 60
CPU Long Range Shooting: 60
CPU Dunk Percentage: 40
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 40
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 40
CPU Double Team Effectiveness-0
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 100
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 100
CPU Help Side Defensive Efffectiveness-75
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness-100.......(This allows the Elite Big's to go to work if 1 on 1 down low)
CPU Close Out Effectiveness-75.............(Forces you to get your shot off quicker)
CPU Pass Lane Defense Effectiveness-50
CPU Defensive Low Post Strength-25
CPU Shot Alter Ability-100
CPU Fight Through Screen Ability-75
CPU Pass Accuarcy-50
CPU Hands in Post-75
CPU Hands On Perimeter-45
Last edited by Uptempo on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Uptempo

Postby el badman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:46 am

These are the strangest sliders I've ever seen... :shock: :shock: :shock:
100 in speed?
100 in shooting foul frequency?
100 in interception/layup block?
15 in double team effectiveness?
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Uptempo on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:52 am

el badman wrote:These are the strangest sliders I've ever seen... :shock: :shock: :shock:
100 in speed?
100 in shooting foul frequency?
100 in interception/layup block?
15 in double team effectiveness?

360 doesn't play anything like PC version or other consoles versions. The speed on the 360 is slower and toned down compaired to other versions. On Super Star there aren't many fouls called and you'll rarely see a layup or dunk get blocked.
Uptempo

Postby el badman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:56 am

360 doesn't play anything like PC version or other consoles versions. The speed on the 360 is slower and toned down compaired to other versions. On Super Star there aren't many fouls called and you'll rarely see a layup or dunk get blocked.

Oh okay, sorry about that then :oops:
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:18 am

there are no numbers next to the sliders in the 360 version. you have to count up or down from the default 50 on each slider. thats a time consuming bummer. at the default levels the cpu seems to get alot of blocks, user hardly any...

the rebounding bug seems to be fixed. and there is no substitution bug in this version, thank the gods.

shouldnt there be a 360 sliders official thread?
kingjames23

Postby From China on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:54 pm

I advise waitting for the patch! 8-)
From China

Please somebody post pc sliders........I NEED HELP!

Postby calfcramp!!! on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:43 pm

I love this game,but need somebody to post realistic pc sliders.I have tried 360 ones but they screw with the game even more.I cant play a game without some...

Craig
calfcramp!!!

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:59 am

Here's an idiotic move by EA - the User Dunk vs. Layup Frequency slider is still in the game! How does this make any sense whatsoever?
BigKaboom2

Postby jerry on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:18 am

it means like how many dunks you will do compared to layups.
JaoSming is my hero.
jerry

Postby Cable on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:26 am

Think it through jerry. Who decides whether to do a dunk a layup? Not the AI ...
And I'm going to see them in Toronto!
Cable

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:24 am

jerry wrote:it means like how many dunks you will do compared to layups.

I'm not quite THAT stupid. :P
BigKaboom2

Postby Throwbacks on Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:55 pm

Here are some PS2 Sliders that I found from another forum by MaDGaMe12
That's exactly what I'm playing on. I've played a couple games and I've tweaked some sliders and I just had a good game with Portland and Minnesota leading to overtime. Team shooting percentage is about 40 something percent which is realistic.

Game Speed: 47
Free Throw Difficulty: 60 (if you're not real good with it, stick with 40)
Boundary Force Field: 50
Injury Frequency: 20
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 88
Shooting Foul Frequency: 70
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 35
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75

Should be a decent amount of fouls per game. Just don't tend to try and steal the ball all the time and it should be okay.

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 30
User Shot Block Ability: 25
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 30
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 45
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 50
User Substitution Frequency: 0 (I substitute manually)
User On-ball Defense Assist: 45
User Offensive Rebounding: 10
User Defensive Rebounding: 85
User Fakeout Discipline: 70
User Short Range Shooting: 40
User Medium Range Shooting: 42
User Long Range Shooting: 38
User Dunk Percentage: 93
User Lay-up Percentage: 87
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 35
User On-ball Physical Defense: 45
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 30
User Double-team Effectiveness: 60
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 30
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 30

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 35
CPU Interception Ability: 30
CPU Shot Block Ability: 25
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 20
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 40
CPU Dunk Frequency: 50
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 5
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 85
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 60
CPU Short Range Shooting: 39
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 41
CPU Long Range Shooting: 37
CPU Dunk Percentage: 93
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 85
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 32
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 20
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 45
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 20
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 60
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 30
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 30

Gonna try this out and see if it makes it better.
Throwbacks

Next

Return to NBA Live 07