::: A Legend Is Born ::: (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Are you looking forward to the release of A Legend Is Born Part II?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 73

::: A Legend Is Born ::: (NBA Live 06)

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:16 pm

A LEGEND IS BORN

Chapter Index

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen – Part 1
Chapter Nineteen – Part 2
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five

- - -

Prologue

“You say you’ve never managed or coached a basketball team before?”
“Not one team sir but I hope you could look past this fact…”
“Mr Sit, it is hard to do so,” The man behind the desk said, “Our franchise needs an experienced General Manager, not someone who is trying to get a job with no background whatsoever in the field.”
Will Sit looked bitterly disappointed at the man and tapped his fingers loudly and rapidly on the desk; a sign of anxiety. His mind wandered off in the distance and started to spin with the many ideas he had thought up only just before his interview. The young man had visions of turning the franchise around.

He wanted to expand the stadium, change the uniforms, advertise and promote the team. Sit wanted to bring in new players and hire a high profile head coach. And he knew that if he could call the moves, much like in a game of chess, the fortunes of this down-trodden franchise would look far more prosperous than they were at present.

“Mr Sit,” a voice called to him, pulling Sit out of his trance, “We do have conditions and certain attributes we look for in our employees. On a business level, you may not hold these but I do believe you do possess certain traits that may make up for this.”
Sit looked up and asked in a hopeful tone, trying to hide his glee, “Really?”
The man nodded, “I believe that you were a professional in your past job. You were very successful in it?”
“Yes sir, I was a salesperson at Seven Eleven sir. I made sure the floor was always mopped sparkly clean.”
“And I believe that you will bring that professionalism across from your past job into this one?”
“I will do my best sir.”
The man picked up a pen and started to spin it in his fingertips, “You seem to understand where our franchise is at. You know a lot about our past and current issues and you have your own solutions for our problems. I’m impressed by your depth of knowledge.”
Sit blushed and couldn’t believe that his hard work researching the ball club was paying dividends to his chances of winning the job. Each praise he received meant a higher chance of employment to him and so far, it was so good.
The man added, “As the owner, I like it that you believe you can add intensity to this club.”
Sit couldn’t hide the joy from his face as he beamed widely, happiness just stuck to his face as if he were a clown at the local fair.
“Mr Sit,” The man pointing the pen towards him with one hand and flipping a piece of paper with the other announced, “Congratulations. You’re hired.”
He snatched the pen from the man and hastily scribbled his signature on the contract. He put the pen down and stood up to reach his hand out to the man who had also gotten up out of his seat. Sit shook hands with his new boss.
“Your new office is on the top floor of this building, the team is waiting for you at the training centre down the road.”
“Thank you,” Sit replied.
As he walked out of the office he wanted to jump around as if he had won the lottery, only to be stoped by the staring eyes of the secretary outside and two security guards.
“Good day good people,” Sit just stated as he took the stairs instead of the lift.

Sit drove to the training centre with the utmost exhilaration. He couldn’t believe he was an NBA General Manager. The cool air inside along with the ecstatic feeling of being a newly employed NBA GM made the hairs on the back of his neck to stand. The sounds of sneakers squeaking and balls bouncing on the polished basketball court came to a sudden; almost immediate, halt as Sit approached the court. The Asian man in a black business suit with red tie moved briskly to the half court circle where a man Sit assumed as the coach stood.
“Hi,” The man who Sit thought was the coach said, “I’m the head coach of the team and my assistant staff is over there on the sideline.”
Sit’s brown eyes scanned the court, taking in all of the people he saw around him. The coaches, players and media all stopped to look at him, their eyes set on him and his every move. Although he seemed like a child among giants, Sit felt that he was in total control of the situation. He motioned to everyone to follow him to the sideline and in front of the scorers’ desk.
One of the players shouted out, “I’m the captain, nice to meet you sir!”
Sit smiled and thought about how some of the team was probably just as young as he was. He took a few steps in different directions, trying to think of something to say and then stopped to look at everyone listening to him. It was the type of grand entrance he had dreamed of.
“My name is Will and please don’t be too formal around me of this season won’t be any fun at all. I’m pleased to be a part of this organisation boys and it’s great to be able to meet all of you.”
Sit then strolled towards the court and pointed at it, “Your job as basketball players is to entertain the crowd. My job is to help you win at the same time.”
“And how are we supposed to do that,” a lanky African American man in a training singlet blurted out, “We don’t even have a fan base!”
Sit looked in his direction and boldly stated, “Well, I’m going to change that. My aim is to get this team through its troubles and trust me fellas, I’m positive I can do it. This year, we will make the playoffs.”
Voices started to mumble and most of the crowd huddled around Sit kept their eyes and ears focused on the new GM.

Sit knew he had all of the attention now and added one last comment, “It’s great to be with the Atlanta Hawks.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:20 am, edited 122 times in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Jing on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:24 pm

wow... u really do love to write.. and i read all of it too XD
yea hawks
Jing

Postby L.G. Fuad on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:45 pm

This looks like it should be awesome. (Y)
L.G. Fuad

Postby thaKEAF on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:05 pm

Niiice. :D
thaKEAF

Postby Kemp on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:13 pm

Goodluck with your new Hawks dynasty. Hopefully, you can take the Hawks to the playoffs. (Y)
Kemp

Postby jonnyboy261 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:44 pm

Great Writing!! :D
i followed ur recent lakers dynasty because i like ur stories lol
even if it is a little unrealistic

just 1 suggestion
The sounds of sneakers running and balls bouncing on the polished basketball court came to a sudden;

use squeaking instead or running :idea:

hope ur team does well and u do too as GM of Atlanta!!!
jonnyboy261

Postby Bosh4 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:06 pm

Great Start
Bosh4

Postby streetballaz1 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:41 pm

nice (Y) ,great writing interesting
Thanks to cable guy for the sig
my jersey avatars
streetballaz1

Postby Mark. on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:37 pm

Awesome stuff dude,

As ive always said, your one of the best writers ive seen.

Great imagination. (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:51 pm

ROFL, a guy goes from 7/11 to the Hawks GM? Don't make fun of the Hawks so much.
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Jing wrote:wow... u really do love to write.. and i read all of it too XD
yea hawks

- Thanks... I hope you enjoy it. What I'm looking for is to entertain you by letting you read. With myself, I find it hard to read books and texts that are about things I don't want to read about soI hope that you guys can find my text interesting since we share a common interest! (Y)

L.G. Fuad wrote:This looks like it should be awesome. (Y)

Bosh4 wrote:Great Start

streetballaz1 wrote:nice (Y),great writing interesting

- I sure hope will be good. Thanks for the support guys! (Y)

thaKEAF wrote:Niiice. :D

- thaaaanx!

Kemp wrote:Goodluck with your new Hawks dynasty. Hopefully, you can take the Hawks to the playoffs. (Y)

- Hey Kemp! Nice to see you around!

jonnyboy261 wrote:Great Writing!!
i followed ur recent lakers dynasty because i like ur stories lol
even if it is a little unrealistic
hope ur team does well and u do too as GM of Atlanta!!!

- Thanks a lot Jonnyboy! Also thank you for the edit... if you see any places to fix, tell me. Because I really want to improve my writing skills... I'm trying to read a lot more to expand my vocab! (Y)

Mark. wrote:Awesome stuff dude,

As ive always said, your one of the best writers ive seen.

Great imagination. (Y)

- Thanks mate but sorry, I will have to accept that thats a bit of an overstatement! haha... I'm not that great really but I do admit that I am good in one area and that's keeping suspence and hiding relevent facts from the reader. And that's what my writings about basically... there's always something you don't know about!

PHX4LIFE wrote:ROFL, a guy goes from 7/11 to the Hawks GM? Don't make fun of the Hawks so much.

- Yeh man... I respect them fully! But there's a big reason why that fact is in this story... you just got to read on to see!
Fresh8

Re: ::: A Legend Is Born ::: Part I :::

Postby HonorGlow on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:07 pm

Sit wrote:“Yes sir, I was a salesperson at Seven Eleven sir. I made sure the floor was always mopped sparkly clean.”

Woah wait a minute...wasn't that Mitch Kupchak's job before he landed the GM position for the Lakers... you're just one big Kupchack disciple aren't you!?!?!?! :twisted:

Wow the Hawks...Josh Childress always is pretty solid even though he's never a go-to type of dude. Joe Johnson seems to give my dynasty fits...

Sit without the Lakers...it's almost like seeing Jordan in a Washington uniform.
HonorGlow

Postby Isaiah on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:26 pm

great stuff...you can write!!!

Good luck with this Hawks Dynasty...looks promising

http://isaiahpcruz.multiply.com
Click the sig for my blog! Includes NBA analysis, etc.
Isaiah

Location: Metro Manila, Philippines (born in Los Angeles, CA)

Postby Jugs on Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:45 pm

Great start to another great dynasty

Hopefully you'll stick through the whole season this time (Y)
Jugs

Postby Null17 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:11 pm

Not in the mood to read, I rarely am. But sounds like you put a backstory to how you got a GM spot so sounds great (Y)
Null17

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 pm

Atlanta Strengthens Backcourt Rotation
Disgruntled Stephon Marbury moving to Atlanta

ABOVE: Stephon Marbury lays it up
during a Knicks charity game

Oct 23, Atlanta (AP) - It was reported that the General Managers of the New York Knicks and the Atlanta Hawks have agreed on a trade that would move Stephon Marbury to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for a package of young players.

Sources close to newly appointed General Manager Will Sit of the Atlanta Hawks confirmed that the GM and Isiah Thomas, GM of the New York Knicks had been having discussions on a possible trade for Marbury. The trade was leaked and the latest information concerning it was that in exchange for the former Georgia Tech star PG, the Hawks would send swingmen Josh Smith, Josh Childress and veteran PG Tyronn Lue.

The two-time NBA All Star Marbury was expected to last longer in the Knicks' camp with the arrival of his Olympic coach and former Detroit Pistons' coach Larry Brown. The two infamously butted heads at the 2004 Athens Olympics where Team USA struggled to bring back a gold medal in the priorly dominated Men's Basketball. Marbury had stated that he would work with Brown however, training camp and the few exhibition games they have played together haven't proven to be smooth sailing for the duo.

One such incident was only recently in an exhibition game against the Chicago Bulls. Stephon Marbury walked out on the team as Brown refused to put him back in the game with New York losing by 3 points with 4 minutes remaining in the game. Instead, Brown went with rookie Nate Robinson. The Knicks ended up winning the game by 2.

The trading of Marbury hasn't come as a surprise to many critics but the package of players the Knicks are receiving in return is. Larry Brown is known not to work well with younger players. Childress and Smith are both only 1 year deep into their NBA careers.

Many are synical about how Brown would have coped with the Knicks before the trade and others are starting to wonder about this too as the Knicks only get younger and younger. Thomas announced at a press conference today, "This is a better alternative than to have Stephon and Larry argue during the season. This trade should add depth to our team and how Coach Brown utilises the rotation is his choice."

Stephon Marbury stands out as only the second player to have career averages of 20 ppg and 8 apg. He is second only to Oscar Robertson.

- - -

New GM Steals the Spotlight

One must wonder why there was such commotion when newly appointed Hawks GM Will Sit entered the Hawks' training center yesterday. How could the GM get more attention than newcomer Joe Johnson or Hawks' star Al Harrington?

It's simple! Becuase no one knows where he's from and why he's here. The former 7-11 employee keeps telling media that he is true to his roots and doesn't lie about his past but many people are feeling that there is more to the story, than meets the eye. Amongst all of the promises of taking Atlanta back to the top and bringing fans back to ATL, we're not really sure if this guy even has the qualifications to be able to do all of this. Talk about big words from someone who's accomplished nothing.

One things true though and that is that the whole of Atlanta will be watching and listening to what Will Sit can do with the Hawks in the near future. Maybe as time passes, we will learn more about the mystery that he brings.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby ijbl on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:35 pm

Good luck with this!!! I like the possible Steph trade, its great to see some creative trades, and I think the CPU would also benefit from this trade.
ijbl

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Honor wrote:Wow the Hawks...Josh Childress always is pretty solid even though he's never a go-to type of dude. Joe Johnson seems to give my dynasty fits...

Sit without the Lakers...it's almost like seeing Jordan in a Washington uniform.

- Putting my name and MJ's name or even Lakers is quite a disgrace to both of them! Yeah mate, thanks for the support!

Isaiah wrote:great stuff...you can write!!!

Good luck with this Hawks Dynasty...looks promising

- Yo Isaiah! Ur here too! Glad you can join me! Thanks man... but again, I'm quite overrated! :lol:

Jugs wrote:Great start to another great dynasty

Hopefully you'll stick through the whole season this time (Y)

- I wouldn't call it great just yet! Thanks alot man! And it's not like I wanted to start a new one! haha

Null17 wrote:Not in the mood to read, I rarely am. But sounds like you put a backstory to how you got a GM spot so sounds great (Y)

- hmmm,. well this might not be your type of dynasty then...

ijbl wrote:Good luck with this!!! I like the possible Steph trade, its great to see some creative trades, and I think the CPU would also benefit from this trade.

- Thanks alot mate. The CPU would be worse I think! lol Hawks would get the better part of the deal! Oh btw... do u support the EPL? Seeing you're from Manchester and all!
Fresh8

Postby Jugs on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:10 pm

The Marbury trade sounds nice but I hate the fact that Childress has to be offered :cry:

Maybe even try and sign or trade for a Center (Varejao :mrgreen: )
Jugs

Postby ijbl on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:16 pm

Sit wrote:- Thanks alot mate. The CPU would be worse I think! lol Hawks would get the better part of the deal! Oh btw... do u support the EPL? Seeing you're from Manchester and all!

No, I genuinly believe this deal works for the Knicks. If I was the Knicks IRL and in NBA Live 06, I would pull this deal! I really like innovative trades that work for both!

I am from Manchester, and I do follow the EPL. I am a Manchester United fan, and go to most games (although now I'm a poor student not as many as I used to!!!! lol). You follow the Premier League? I hope your not a Harry Kewell/Liverpool fan!!! I may be forced to stop reading this dynasty :wink:
ijbl

Postby Cloudy on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:22 pm

7/11 Employee Leads Hawks to Champion Throne!
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:49 pm

Wow, great start as usual, but I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Marbury and I'd hate to see Josh Childress go.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Jing on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:21 pm

hm thats an insane trade.. i didnt think anyone could take up his immense salary
Jing

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:52 pm

aww, don't give up smith... give up al instead
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:57 am

Wow amazing writing man (Y) You have great writing. I like the trade, go for it :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame