Dunk Combinations!! [Let us know your favorite dunk combo]

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Postby Jona on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:41 am

Wormy10 wrote:
deadmaneternal419 wrote:And the hits just keep on coming....y do u get 2 have an attitude wit everyone(believe me i read ur posts) but its not ok for everyone else?

For one I never get an attitude with anyone, im usually really respective to everyone on this board except for fuckheads like you

Now .....

I still cant get this freaking 720 down, I've read over and over about it but I cant even get the rotations around, its not that i cant make it
Can someone explain in detail :?: If its not a problem

I can if you've got a PS2-like controller... you start your gather just behind the 3pt line with TRIANGLE and rotate the analog stick COUNTER CLOCKWISE very, very fast... then you keep the finisher (SQUARE) pressed until your player is ALMOST facing the rim.... then you let go of everything and raise your arms in joy while laughing histerically... :cool:

hope it works, cheers
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Wormy10 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:37 pm

Ok thanks (Y)
I'll give er' a try here
Wish me luck
Wormy10

Postby Old School Fool on Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Act like your going to do a 360, You don't have to PERFECTLY go three spins with the analog stick.

I just hold R1, and press Triangle do Rotate, Triangle, 720 in the houuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!

Don't ever try 720 from Long Distance....NEVER, You going to miss 100% of the Time.

and I learned I can do Tosses to myself and do the Out of bounds dunk.

I threw it from the corner...ran caught it and did through the legs.

I, Done.

I'm starting to Master Superstar Mode.

I'm doing Superstar Mode Dunk Contests, yet I'm doing them with CPU's all Player 1. It's fun :lol:

No one can touch the Toss in the Air to Jordan Logo Dunk :lol:
Old School Fool

Postby renegade on Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:25 pm

i can pull off the double through the legs on my keyboard but i can't pull off the statue of liberty or any of the self tosses. going to buy a ps/2 controller adapter to plug into my usb port, so i can use my controller on the game. Can't wait to do some more dunks!
renegade

Postby nitro77 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:13 pm

Damn, i train as hard as i can but each dunk looks like the other. How can i modify my dunks? I know there are buttons but it doesn't work. I use the PC Version and a Generic Joystick. Help would be great. :)
nitro77

Postby mike879 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:54 am

what do you mean looks like the other? try different combinations... its all posted here. :D
mike879

Postby C89KF on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:48 pm

Can someone please tell me how to do "between-the-legs" twice off an alley-oop? I can do it when i am doing a flip. Can you do "between-the-legs" twice off an alley-oop not with a flip gather?
C89KF

Re: Dunk Combinations!! [Let us know your favorite dunk comb

Postby vinandy22 on Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:56 pm

Osei wrote:Six-Figure (Between the Legs Twice): PS2
Circle (2-foot gather), L1 (Modifier) + Circle.

Everyone must post If you know how to pull-off advanced dunks in the Slam-Dunk Contest.

can you please look out for a pc version too :D
vinandy22

Postby LegoTP on Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:36 am

Hehe, just "convert" da PS2 buttons to PC...
So it is shoot, modifier (backdown I think) + shoot.
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

pc dunk combinations

Postby utaan2003 on Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:34 pm

can anyone email me a complete list of the dunks for the pc version of the game i read through the forum and i dont know if i just overlooked it or not but it appeared to be all ps2 and xbox combos.

i can allready do most dunks but i cant figure out the 720 , 360 or the statue of liberty

im using a generic controller,as generic i mean its not a named brand but it still works very well...

the controller looks like a ps2 controller

thanks in advance

my email is damain_ridgway@hotmail.com

Damain
utaan2003

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:10 pm

The dunk contest is sick as!!!
I only just got it this afternoon, and i've pulled off the between the legs twice in practice... but can't seem to get it done in the contest ><
I've done the alley oop, flip catch dunk as well. This game is awesome! even if i get sick of the actual game, i'll still be playin' dunk contest for ages :P

btw... can you guys post dunk combos with the action rather than the button? like 1 foot gather, 2 foot gather, 1 foot 180 gather, tomahawk, clutch, pump, windmill etc? cos that would be much easier for ppl with other versions of the game to follow, rather than just use the PS buttons
MaD_hAND1e

Moves for PC

Postby declaum on Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:21 am

I would like to know what alleyoops are possible to do on the PC version as you know flicking the right analog stick to the right or whatever direction on the keyboard is not possible.
These are all the alleys and combinations i know

Alleys

Numpad 1 - Toss off the backboard
Numpad 0 - Freethrow style alley
1- Quick play button
2- Quick play button
3- Quick play button
4 -Quick play button

numpad1+numpad0 - behind the back toss
numpad0+numpad1 - backwards toss
1+numpad1 - alley off the wall
1+numpad0 - freethrow style alley off the wall
up+H+U - frontflip (without ball)
hold numpad0 - off elbow alley
hold numpad1 - 2 hands toss
hold 1+numpad1+numpad0 - behind the back toss off the wall
hold 1+numpad0+numpad1 - backwards toss off wall
hold 1+hold numpad1 - 2 hand toss off the wall
hold 1+hold numpad0 - off elbow off the wall

Funny i didn't find any use for the 2 3 or 4 quickplay buttons..

Oh and if anyone has been able to pull off a 540 or 720 on the keyboard please post and tell us how too

Either that or email me at: declaum@yahoo.com.br

Thanks in advance
declaum

Postby Old School Fool on Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:45 pm

You know even though I see the same dunk everytime when I do it in the Dunk Contest I jump up and be like "HOLY SHIT!" It's just crazy.
Old School Fool

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:20 pm

<2 foot gather + dunk modifier + pump tricks> gets you a between the legs twice, try to let the tricks button go just before the player completes the first between the legs.

<1 foot 180 gather + 360 counterclockwise + clutch tricks> 360 dunk
<1 foot 180 gather + dunk modifier +360 clockwise + clutch tricks> variation of 360 dunk

i'll post some more later... i remember how to do them, but can't remember which button is which.. i can only remember where those buttons are on my controller.
MaD_hAND1e

dunks

Postby declaum on Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:58 am

Please someone help me with the alleyoops and 540 and 720 dunks...

This is for all the people with PC wondering how to do the dunks:

Clutch tricks/ 2 foot 180 gather - Y
Pump tricks/ 2 foot gather- U
Windmill tricks/ 1 foot 180 gather - O
Tomahawk trciks/ 1 foot gather - I
Dunk modifiers - left shift & H

start dunk from corner of 3 pointer to perform a reverse dunk

reverse dunks - pump trick, under legs etc

Im still trying to figure out all the dunks that can be done on reverse, all you need is the right place to start off and you'll make it, you can use the line on the baseline for guidance, it's great help.

Y+Y - 180 under leg
I+H+o - honey dip (Vince Carters)
I+H+I - 1 Arm extension
I+H+U - around the back
I+H+Y or U+H+Y - Under leg
U+H+O - Elevation high Windmill
U+H+I - Cover eyes (Dee browns)
U+H+U - Twice Under Legs
hold left shift+I+U - Rock the cradle
hold left shift+I+I - Rock The Baby
Y+U or O+O - 180
Y+I - legs in the air 180
Y+O - 2hand 180
U+Y or I+I - Tomahawk
U+U - sideways dunk
U+I - Slam dunk
U+O - Windmill
I+O - 2 hand Pumpfake
hold left shift + y + Up-Left-Down-Right + o - 360
hold left shift + y + Up-Left-Down-Right + y - 360 under legs
hold left shift + y + Up-Left-Down-Right + U - "Airborne" 360
hold left shift + y + Up-Left-Down-Right + I - 360 arm extension (hammer)
hold h+y+ Up-Right-Down-Left + o - 360 One Hand Windmill
hold h+y+ Up-Right-Down-Left + y - 360 Between The Legs With Left Hand
hold h+y+ Up-Right-Down-Left + u - 360 Corkscrew
hold h+y+ Up-Right-Down-Left + I - slam 360
O+up+right+down+left+I - statue of liberty
O+up+right+down+left+Y - 360 under legs
O+up+right+down+left+O - 2 hand 360
O+up+right+down+left+U - 360 clockwise

it workz! hope this was usefull to yall

and in case yall forgot
Please someone help me with the alleyoops and 540 and 720 dunks...
^^
Last edited by declaum on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
declaum

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:55 am

great stuff declaum (Y) (Y) (Y)
720 dunks, I think, would be extremely difficult with keyboard, unless you have lightning fast fingers.
... you could give it a try though, you hold a dunk modifier (the same one as for the MJ rock the baby dunk) and press 1 foot 180 gather, just after you gather, quicky 360 the left analog stick twice, then press pump tricks. If you are not fast enough, you end up with a 360 dunk.
Its fun to watch for once or twice, but personally, I think its definately not worth the trouble to try it in SDC, unless you can pull it off consistently.
MaD_hAND1e

thanks

Postby declaum on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:03 am

Thanks dude! ill try it out now, by the way have you ever made a 720?
And do you know how to take free throws in a 5on5?
declaum

Re: thanks

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:52 am

declaum wrote:Thanks dude! ill try it out now, by the way have you ever made a 720?
And do you know how to take free throws in a 5on5?

Yes I have, I made some in practice, then decided to go into SDC to see what Jet and Ernie say about it... after controlling all 4 players... i managed to get on the 3 attempt of the 3rd player :? ... (i kept doing 360s and they were joking heaps about how Dominique Wilkins kept doing the same dunk and got the same score and bet Kenny Smith) I finally got it down and they said something along the lines of "How many times is he gonna be spinning??!!! You have to have helium in your lungs to make that dunk.."

Free throws should be straight forward, theres a white bar that moves horizontally, you try to stop it on the glowing rectangular thingy on the board by pressing shoot, then theres another bar that moves vertically, and you try to stop it on the rectangular thingy again.
MaD_hAND1e

k

Postby declaum on Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:13 am

i keep trying the 720 but only 360s happen, could you kinda describe with as much detail as possible how u do it, what buttons u hold and when your let go of each etc, thanks! and about the freethrow, theres no white bar and no rectangle ill check my settings to see if i deactivated or anything but my freethrow difficulty for action is 40 and for simulation 50 so i dont really know :/ Whats your one at? maybe that could help me
declaum

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:08 pm

For the 720 dunk, you gotta spin the left analog stick pretty fast, if you're using keyboard, I think it may be almost impossible.

What you do is you hold a dunk modifier (i'm not sure which one it is.... but its the same one as the one you press for the rock a bye baby dunk) press 1 foot 180 gather, spin the analog stick twice right after you gather, then press pump tricks. What I usually do is keep spinning the analogue stick until I finish the dunk to make sure I've got it around twice... but sometimes I still get 360... and I'm sure that trying it too much isn't gonna be good for my controller
MaD_hAND1e

cool

Postby declaum on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:46 am

k thanks and u know about the freethrows? there isnt and lines or rectangles to guide me
declaum

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:20 am

hmmm... sorry can't help u about the free throws thing.... maybe make a new post and ask
MaD_hAND1e

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:38 pm

I finally got the 720 dunk down. I was practicing in the DC with Wade and trying to do the 360 windmill off the back board, but instead he caught it and turned like a 360 and I aborted the dunk because I thought he was doing a 360 from too far away. Turns out he spun one more time for the 720.

Use (PS2) R1+Triangle to gather, spin the analog twice or more, then Triangle as your trick. You can use square, but It's harder imo, and I've only done it twice with square.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:04 pm

The key to pulling off the 720 is to get the 2 left analogue stick spins done before you press the trick button.
MaD_hAND1e

Postby JK-VC-RJ on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:41 pm

How to do between the legs twice after the lob? I've try using 2 foot gather to gather then 2 foot gather again for trick, but it doesn't work.
JK-VC-RJ

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2005