Real 2018 Draft Class - Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:56 am

Thank you all for your comments and the support. Unfortunately at fear of being too personal, I am in the early planning stages of a funeral. So I’ll be out of town next week with that. Sorry to everyone who I’d waiting. Believe when I say I would much rather be working carefree on this draft class. Thank you to the entire community for sticking with the project. It won’t be left in limbo.
bluejaybrandon

Postby InFaMouS ny on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:47 am

Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
InFaMouS ny

Postby benmatrix on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:22 am

Please don't hang on us
benmatrix

Postby RoastedHamm on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 am

Hey Brandon! I appreciate all your efforts on this draft class. My personal opinion is that you should release the class before you go out of town for the week. Even if the draft class incomplete, someone else could go ahead and do the finishing touches as Infamous NY said. I honestly think you waiting another week to release is a killer. The NBA draft is almost here and I think we all are holding off our MyLeague franchises for this draft class. I recommend you release the draft class before you go out of town, even if that means it's not fully complete. This is just my opinion. Obviously, it's up to you to do what you want to do.
RoastedHamm

Postby sitew33 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 am

Wow this man said he has to go out of town to plan a loved one's funeral and people are still pandering for him put aside whatever personal pain he may be dealing with or whatever personal responsibilities he may have to take care of before going out of town just so people can have a heightened NBA 2K playing experience. Bluejay, damn this draft class right now. I'm sorry for your loss and I will and I'm sure other compassionate people here will keep you and you loved one's in our prayers.
sitew33

Postby JonasGerkens on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 am

RoastedHamm wrote:Hey Brandon! I appreciate all your efforts on this draft class. My personal opinion is that you should release the class before you go out of town for the week. Even if the draft class incomplete, someone else could go ahead and do the finishing touches as Infamous NY said. I honestly think you waiting another week to release is a killer. The NBA draft is almost here and I think we all are holding off our MyLeague franchises for this draft class. I recommend you release the draft class before you go out of town, even if that means it's not fully complete. This is just my opinion. Obviously, it's up to you to do what you want to do.

Yep, I´d say the same thing.
JonasGerkens

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:49 am

sitew33 wrote:Wow this man said he has to go out of town to plan a loved one's funeral and people are still pandering for him put aside whatever personal pain he may be dealing with or whatever personal responsibilities he may have to take care of before going out of town just so people can have a heightened NBA 2K playing experience. Bluejay, damn this draft class right now. I'm sorry for your loss and I will and I'm sure other compassionate people here will keep you and you loved one's in our prayers.

My deepest gratitude to you and people in the community like you. God bless.
bluejaybrandon

Postby OG 75 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:41 am

My condolences goes out to you has well. I was gonna post my thread about my own draft classes as a temp fix for everyone who’s been waiting until you get your’s done whenever you’re feeling that it’s complete but I just got auto-logged out since I’m actually texting and driving in my driving job. Guess I’ll have to wait until I get home later tonight. Just be easy and stay up blue. I may not know you personally but I do respect your resolve none the less.
OG 75

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Just a quick preview video for gameplay

phpBB [video]

Things to Note:

- Portraits are fully completed but due to the expansion team could not be displayed, they will work fine in regular NBA modes

- This is mostly to show accurate signatures, attributes, accessories, and tendencies. Please let me know if you see anything out of place.

- The in-game numbers are mostly based off of the SimWorld structure on OperationSports. This means rookies will fall between 78-63 overall.

- This represents a collection of faces from everyone who has contributed to the project. There are obliviously numerous more faces to showcase (if you pause and look at the bench you can see a few more). I may get a full preview out before the draft depending on timing.

- I won't speak to release other than to say this is a bad week for me, but I hope to have it out on or before the draft on the 21st of June.

- Thanks to everyone who shows interest in the project and my deepest gratitude to the numerous people who have made this project a reality. There will be a full list upon release.
bluejaybrandon

Postby freezma on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Just a quick preview video for gameplay

phpBB [video]

Things to Note:

- Portraits are fully completed but due to the expansion team could not be displayed, they will work fine in regular NBA modes

- This is mostly to show accurate signatures, attributes, accessories, and tendencies. Please let me know if you see anything out of place.

- The in-game numbers are mostly based off of the SimWorld structure on OperationSports. This means rookies will fall between 78-63 overall.

- This represents a collection of faces from everyone who has contributed to the project. There are obliviously numerous more faces to showcase (if you pause and look at the bench you can see a few more). I may get a full preview out before the draft depending on timing.

- I won't speak to release other than to say this is a bad week for me, but I hope to have it out on or before the draft on the 21st of June.

- Thanks to everyone who shows interest in the project and my deepest gratitude to the numerous people who have made this project a reality. There will be a full list upon release.

are you using any mod for rim or net physics, seems different in a good way.

and regarding gameplay i think the big men dribbles the ball way too much (bringing the ball up on offense and on the break) especially ayton but also bamba, bagley, wendall carter instead of passing it to a guard

doncic didnt play like himself in my opinion. he didnt call for screens, which he does all the time in real life to score or pass. in the gameplay he played like a isolation scorer instead of pick and roll passer/scorer

other than that it looks good
Last edited by freezma on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
freezma

Postby Aston on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Just a quick preview video for gameplay

phpBB [video]

Things to Note:

Thanks, man. This looks so amazing and i cant wait now ! (Y)

One question: what is your net mod ? i love it too ^^
Aston
Culture.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Combine Preview Video

Postby Franchiseplay on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 am

@bluejaybrandon

Hey bro, I never post, but I wanted to reach out in regards to the draft class. It looks great in the video. I write for Forbes and have been following the progress of the draft class. I wanted to feature you and the other creators work in an article and video, and I was hoping to do it before the draft.

Here is my writer profile:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/#520263083c8c

and YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranchisePlaySports

Any chance of it being available before the draft? As I mentioned, you, the creators and NLSC will be cited in the piece(s).
Franchiseplay

Postby Rosque on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 am

Didn't know Brian follows NLSC. This would be a huge boost both for site and for you brandon (Y)
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 am

Franchiseplay wrote:@bluejaybrandon

Hey bro, I never post, but I wanted to reach out in regards to the draft class. It looks great in the video. I write for Forbes and have been following the progress of the draft class. I wanted to feature you and the other creators work in an article and video, and I was hoping to do it before the draft.

Here is my writer profile:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/#520263083c8c

and YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranchisePlaySports

Any chance of it being available before the draft? As I mentioned, you, the creators and NLSC will be cited in the piece(s).

Yeah of course. If you want to pm me or reach me at bluejaybrandon@hotmail.com, I can go more in-depth and provide you what you need. As long as the finished product mentions everyone who contributed.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

Brian Bowen has taken his name out of the draft.
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Wzvd wrote:Brian Bowen has taken his name out of the draft.

Wow. Really late withdrawal. I’ll get that changed.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Franchiseplay on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Rosque wrote:Didn't know Brian follows NLSC. This would be a huge boost both for site and for you brandon (Y)

He couldnt do it..so I guess I'll just wait like everyone else. :)
Franchiseplay

Postby Franchiseplay on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Rosque wrote:Didn't know Brian follows NLSC. This would be a huge boost both for site and for you brandon (Y)

He couldnt do it..so I guess I'll just wait like everyone else. :)
Franchiseplay

Postby RoastedHamm on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:45 am

Hey Bluejaybrandon, I just wanted to ask if we can expect a release before the NBA draft this Thursday? Any target date for release?
RoastedHamm

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 am

RoastedHamm wrote:Hey Bluejaybrandon, I just wanted to ask if we can expect a release before the NBA draft this Thursday? Any target date for release?

Yes it will be released before the draft. I’m out of town for funeral services currently so can’t give much more beyond that.
bluejaybrandon

Postby dasaanhuey23 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 am

dang my condolences homie, hope all is well.
dasaanhuey23

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:53 am

Can't wait for this release now, hope it will be released before the draft :D
Kaunietis22

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 am

I gotta ask why are people so anxious to have this before the draft? Like tf are you people gonna start the association a day before draft and then watch the players get drafted the next day to completely different teams? :D Doesn't it make more sense to start an association once the draft is finished?
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby waynecoop on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 pm

PettyPaulPierce wrote:I gotta ask why are people so anxious to have this before the draft? Like tf are you people gonna start the association a day before draft and then watch the players get drafted the next day to completely different teams? :D Doesn't it make more sense to start an association once the draft is finished?

If it's released after the draft then we might as well play the 2019 roster. Their really won't be a need for this draft class. People want/wanted to fantasize what will happen.
waynecoop

Postby freezma on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm

waynecoop wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:I gotta ask why are people so anxious to have this before the draft? Like tf are you people gonna start the association a day before draft and then watch the players get drafted the next day to completely different teams? :D Doesn't it make more sense to start an association once the draft is finished?

If it's released after the draft then we might as well play the 2019 roster. Their really won't be a need for this draft class. People want/wanted to fantasize what will happen.

i rather have a it be completed than rushed with flaws, spamming this thread about release date everyday wont make the proccess faster

and it wouldnt make a big difference if it was released before the draft lol
freezma

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding