Start, Bench, Release

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Start, Bench, Release

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 am

Olowokandi starts. At the peak, I think he was a solid big.

Kwame bencher. Average big in his days but Jordan fucked up his reputation. If he went 5th ir 6th, I dunmo if anyone would have called him a terrible player.

Bennett... is just..... Thabeet and him are disappoints.

Next up: Keith Vanhorn, Delef Schrempf, James Posey
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 am

Start: Detlef Schrempf

The ultimate two-way player of the group. His offensive game was complete, he had range, high post, low post, mid range, he could slash. He could have averaged more PPG given the chance. He was also consistent from the field, and could guard multiple positions. Good rebounder, really good passer. He was solid for the late 90's Blazers teams, great for the SuperSonics, and great for the Pacers:

Bench: Keith Van Horn

He could flat out fill it up, and catch fire. While I like Posey on the defensive end (Obviously), Van Horn gave you so much more on the offensive end as far as his repertoire. I think Keith Van Horn is a starter, and Posey is more of a threat off the bench (Mostly for defense).

Release: James Posey

Tough, because I love his defense. But, he was limited offensively, and in my opinion wasn't really starter material overall.

Next up: Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:21 am

deihatein wrote:
Release: Stephon Marbury. I don't know much about him so released lol.

Jesus, I'm feeling really old right about now
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:28 am

[Q] wrote:
deihatein wrote:
Release: Stephon Marbury. I don't know much about him so released lol.

Jesus, I'm feeling really old right about now

Don't, age has nothing to do with it. He said he knew about Steve Francis but not Marbury, but both were in the league at the same time and are the same age (Both 41 now). He just didn't follow Marbury the same way as Francis.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Moz on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Next up: Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen

Start: Clyde Drexler
Can do what the other 2 can't. Be a decent defender.

Bench:Ray Allen
Can shoot, slash, and make his own shots. A more versatile player than Reggie

Release: Reggie Miller
He's just fortunate to be in a stacked team. Can't make his own shots, can't defend, unathletic. A very limited player. Mitch Richmond is more deserving to be in the pedestal where he's on.

I don't know why nobody put this up yet so here it goes...
Jordan, Lebron, Kobe
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Moz The Boz wrote:I don't know why nobody put this up yet so here it goes...
Jordan, Lebron, Kobe

Ohhh divicive. I love it.

Start: Jordan
It's Michael Jordan.

Bench: Lebron
Probably top 5 most physically gifted players ever? Maybe higher. Still does stupid things that make me want to rip my hair out, like refusing to play in an actual NBA offense and forcing the cavs to hire yes men coaches that let him do what he wants because the cavs are scared to lose him even though he is already halfway out the door, but he got us a ring (mostly due to Kyrie). I can't not bench him.

Release: Kobe
Just a poor man's jordan, yeah? Don't need 2 Jordans.
:twisted:

Josh Smith, Tobias Harris, Rudy Gay

What a riveting trio of the same type of player.
Battle of the slightly above average modern NBA athletic (and in some cases undersized) stretch 4.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 pm

That is tough.

Start: Tobias Harris, as he's the best shooter of the bunch, and fairly solid all around. I feel he doesn't try to do too much outside of his skillset, and does it well.

Bench: Josh Smith, though it's close. He had a tendency to fall in love with the three despite not being a strong outside shooter, but he was a good defender and rebounder. Kind of a bad sign that he's out of the league by age 32 (though he's not officially done yet), but he is talented.

Release: Rudy Gay, who is talented and had some decent seasons, but has a reputation for not really helping to elevate the teams he's been on. He's a capable scorer if nothing else, though.

Next up: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan, Brook Lopez.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 am

Start: Dwight Howard

And it's not close. Howard in his prime (And even this past year) is a top tier defender and rebounder, to go along with his ability to get buckets. I've always thought he was criminally underrated offensively. It was nice to see him have a solid year with the Hornets.

Bench: Brook Lopez

He hasn't received the attention he deserves because of the teams he has been on. He is one of the most skilled scoring bigs in the NBA. He has added extended range on his shot (Albeit, shoots a few too many). An underrated shot blocker (7 seasons over 100).

Release: Deandre Jordan

Tough between him and Lopez, but I feel like Jordan's inability to produce much on the offensive end (Other than wide open dunks), and his inability to knock down free throws, makes him more of a liability than the other two. No, Dwight Howard is not a good free throw shooter, but he has more tools on the block, he is a better scorer. Jordan may be an intimidator, but only being truly effective on one side of the book, while the other two are effective on both sides, makes me release him.

Next up: Ricky Davis, Dion Waiters, Josh Howard

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 am

That one's way too easy, Andrew.

Start: Dwight. Dominant on both ends in prime. Excellent athlete, can't shoot freethrows but DJ can't either while Brook Lopez offense is inefficient regardless of shooting ability.

Bench: DeAndre. He's a nice shot blocker but not an elite defensive anchor as Dwight was. His efficiency as a rim scorer is nice too when you have guys that can throw lob to him.

Release: Brook. Even if you were looking for an offensive big, you wouldn't be winning a lot of games with him as a focal point in the offense. He's just not as talented as Dwight nor DeAndre despite the ability to score in multiple ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Ups:
John Salmons (for Bulls fan)
Michael Dickerson (for Vancouver fan)
Bonzi Wells (for Lamecock)
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 am

NovU wrote:That one's way too easy, Andrew.

Start: Dwight. Dominant on both ends in prime. Excellent athlete, can't shoot freethrows but DJ can't either while Brook Lopez offense is inefficient regardless of shooting ability.

Bench: DeAndre. He's a nice shot blocker but not an elite defensive anchor as Dwight was. His efficiency as a rim scorer is nice too when you have guys that can throw lob to him.

Release: Brook. Even if you were looking for an offensive big, you wouldn't be winning a lot of games with him as a focal point in the offense. He's just not as talented as Dwight nor DeAndre despite the ability to score in multiple ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Ups:
John Salmons (for Bulls fan)
Michael Dickerson (for Vancouver fan)
Bonzi Wells (for Lamecock)

You answered the same one I did. But since you did, what makes Lopez have to be the focal point of the offense? Why can't he just be part of the offense and still utilize his offensive ability? Jordan has never been the focal point (he's been a 4th option at best?). So how is that reasoning for choosing Jordan over Lopez? And why is that question easy? How is Lopez not as talented as Deandre Jordan?

Also, I had already answered Andrew's question, so please honor the order.

Next up: Ricky Davis, Dion Waiters, Josh Howard

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Start: Josh Howard - Was an allstar for the Mavs before getting injured, good defender as well.

Bench: Dion Waiters - Decent offensive player

Release: Ricky Davis - Tried to miss shot on purpose to get a rebound to complete a triple double. lol

Up next: Klay Thomson, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 am

Start: Ray Allen - Out of the three, I think he has the most complete game. Allen is known for his shooting, but go back and look at his younger years highlights with the Bucks and SuperSonics, he was great at getting to the hoop as well. Defensively he was always solid, not known as a liability.

Bench: Reggie Miller - It's tough giving him the nod over Klay, but he did have the opportunity to show what he could do as the number 1 option on a team. Klay hasn't had that chance, but I am not sure that Klay has the fire in his belly that Miller had. Miller was a killer, a competitor night in and night out, he would do whatever it took to win. Based on that alone, and the fact that Klay has never been given the opportunity to carry a team, I choose Miller because of the unknown. Miller is massively overrated in my opinion though, and should not have been included on the SI Top 50.

Release: Klay Thompson - Best defender on this list, and can erupt for massive scoring games with his outside shooting. He's not very creative scoring around the hoop, and can sometimes disappear on offense (Which could also be related to the team he is playing on). Maybe someday he gets his own team so we can see what he is made of.

Next up: Darius Miles, Gerald Green, Shannon Brown

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 am

Start: Gerald Green - has matured into a decent scoring option off the bench.

Bench: Darius Miles - loved his dunking and athleticism and I fondly think about the days with him and Q Rich on the clippers.

Release: Shannon Brown - kind of a lackluster career outside of riding the bench on a few Lakers teams.

Thaddeus Young, Fred Van Vleet, Jusef Nurkic
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Start: Thaddeus Young - Versatile and consistent player. Reliable guy, solid starter.

Bench: Fred VanVleet - Solid point guard, great hustle.

Release: Jusuf Nurkic - Did you see his performance against Pelicans? Just slightly better than Meyers Leonard, who was WAY worse than Nurkic. Actually Nurk is a solid center but he gets the release there, because Young and VanVleet are also not injury-prone.

Next: Joel Anthony, Brian Scalabrine, Brian Cardinal
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 am

Start: The greatness that is Joel Anthony. No more words need to be said.

Bench: White Mamba. Put faggots in their place with the Scallenge.

Cut: Sorry The Custodian.

Keith Closs, Hasheem Thabeet, Robert Swift
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 am

Start: Robert Swift

Only because with long hair he looks like Dave Mustaine (Lead singer of Megadeth)

Bench: Hasheem Thabeet

He makes the cut because of his complete dominance in NBA video games. If you were doing a draft, and didn't take Thabeet, you were a fool. He put Wilt Chamberlain to shame.

Release: Keith Closs

His last name bothers me, and he was in the NBA while having the same physique I had when I was 12.

*Changed this up to keep it going*

Next up: Tony Delk, Mike James (PG), Rafer Alston

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:37 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:Start: Jordan
It's Michael Jordan.

Bench: Kobe
Can't go wrong with a poor mans Jordan.

Release: How do you pronounce it? LeeBrawn? Can't say I'm familiar with the name.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Good save. (Y) Picking up where we left off...

Start: Mike James, being a solid backup for most his career, including a stint with the 2004 Champion Detroit Pistons. Dependable, knew his role, and had a pretty big year starting in 2006.

Bench: Tony Delk, also being a solid player, even going off for 53 points once. However, he was out of the league sooner, and at a younger age compared to James, who was three years older when he debuted.

Release: Rafer Alston, who I'd take in a streetball game and did have a good run from 2004-2009, but is the worst shooter of the bunch.

Next up: Michael Finley, Latrell Sprewell, Richard Hamilton.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Start: Spreeeeee
Has shown flashes of brilliance and can take over a game when his head is on straight when not thinking about his starving family.

Bench: Finley
A boring version of Sprewell, likely fed his family well.

Cut: Rip
Overrated shooter. A glorified 3&D player that's not even great at 3s or D.

Ricky Rubio, Lonzo Ball, Andre Miller
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball