Real 2018 Draft Class - Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Final Photo Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:47 am

KJBucket wrote:
Alright, please can you give us a list of all those major prospects who RECENTLY withdrew and had their cyberfaces already done ? I think by those you mean PJ Washington...is there anybody else ?

Off the top of my head...PJ Washington, Tyus Battle, and Jontay Porter were all completed and now must be replaced.

cardo wrote:You stated that you're a man of your word but then when people hold you to your word - there are excuses.

But that's not the whole story. That occurred under different circumstances when more was set, i.e. I wasn't the only one making faces. The vocal minority is not giving me any ambition to continue killing myself over this. It'll be out eventually.
bluejaybrandon

Postby ihatenames321 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:53 am

Appreciate the effort you've all put into this one.

Bluejaybrandon, please don't tell us that this draft-class will FOR SURE release before the draft.. As that isn't for sure. None of us want to hear this, as every promise you've made thus far with the release of the draft class hasn't come about.

All we want is for this draft class to be released, NOT another update telling us that the draft class has yet again been pushed back.
ihatenames321

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 am

ihatenames321 wrote:Appreciate the effort you've all put into this one.

Bluejaybrandon, please don't tell us that this draft-class will FOR SURE release before the draft.. As that isn't for sure. None of us want to hear this, as every promise you've made thus far with the release of the draft class hasn't come about.

All we want is for this draft class to be released, NOT another update telling us that the draft class has yet again been pushed back.

Bet. Forgot people around here only care about "what have you done for me lately". You know the creators and who have produced content for this project. Hell, some have even released their content for the class already. You're fully capable of compiling it yourself.

Let me know next time you find out a close family member has anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months to live. Then maybe you'll understand that living and working out of town and having to drive to see them, which you only have time for on the weekends, takes precedent over a video game draft class. So yes, I will be missing the deadlines I set and I could care less when I have something that is actually life and death on my plate currently.
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class

Postby cardo on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:12 am

Word.
cardo

Postby TRIIIAD on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:30 am

Damn that's disappointing if you're really canceling it after all the work you've put in... @bluejaybrandon just some advice since I know this isn't the first project you've canceled due to criticism, the most important thing you have to remember is that this is a free mod you are making. That means you don't owe any of us anything since your own time is the only cost associated with this. I really recommend that you don't let the criticism get to you because of that - no matter when you would have released this it would have been a release of immeasurable value to all of us, regardless of the delays.

However, I do also hope that you learn to never give release dates or set deadlines for yourself. Not only does that lead to disappointment from us but it also puts an unnecessary pressure on yourself that does not account for unforeseen life circumstances that are always bound to happen. Taking that to the extreme you can do what J. Cole did with his last album, wait until everything is completely done before even officially announcing the project (and then release it a few days after announcing). You already have a reputation as an elite creator on this forum so building hype or getting enough exposure won't be a problem.
TRIIIAD

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:41 am

TRIIIAD wrote:Damn that's disappointing if you're really canceling it after all the work you've put in... @bluejaybrandon just some advice since I know this isn't the first project you've canceled due to criticism, the most important thing you have to remember is that this is a free mod you are making. That means you don't owe any of us anything since your own time is the only cost associated with this. I really recommend that you don't let the criticism get to you because of that - no matter when you would have released this it would have been a release of immeasurable value to all of us, regardless of the delays.

However, I do also hope that you learn to never give release dates or set deadlines for yourself. Not only does that lead to disappointment from us but it also puts an unnecessary pressure on yourself that does not account for unforeseen life circumstances that are always bound to happen. Taking that to the extreme you can do what J. Cole did with his last album, wait until everything is completely done before even officially announcing the project (and then release it a few days after announcing). You already have a reputation as an elite creator on this forum so building hype or getting enough exposure won't be a problem.

I really appreciate that. Yes, I will certainly avoid release dates for anything in the future. I did want to clarify I'm not cancelling it. Too many people have contributed too many resources for me to selfishly do that.

That being said there is no release set. It'll go live as soon as it's done, whenever that may be.
bluejaybrandon

Postby sitew33 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:40 am

Hey Bluejay this thread has 7 pages of which 98% has been nothing but praise for you and the contributors to this project. You can't allow yourself to be bothered or upset by a few who don't respect your or other modders personal time nor life issues. It's your project and that being said whenever you release it is when you release it. It doesn't matter if you give a date or not none of us who isn't creating said project is entitled to have this project released on our timeline. You can't worry about who may be disappointed by it haven't been released yet because you aren't being paid for for it and your life isn't going to be enriched when you release it. To be honest most people, even the complainers are going to forget about how long it took once it's released and even still you're going to have people complaining about player X wasn't added or this player's nose is off and so on and so on. So no matter what you are going to have someone who has something to complain about (nature of the beast) but you need to ignore the negative and do what you're doing and release your project when you're satisfied with your work.
sitew33

Postby iuguernsey on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:13 am

sitew33 wrote:Hey Bluejay this thread has 7 pages of which 98% has been nothing but praise for you and the contributors to this project. You can't allow yourself to be bothered or upset by a few who don't respect your or other modders personal time nor life issues. It's your project and that being said whenever you release it is when you release it. It doesn't matter if you give a date or not none of us who isn't creating said project is entitled to have this project released on our timeline. You can't worry about who may be disappointed by it haven't been released yet because you aren't being paid for for it and your life isn't going to be enriched when you release it. To be honest most people, even the complainers are going to forget about how long it took once it's released and even still you're going to have people complaining about player X wasn't added or this player's nose is off and so on and so on. So no matter what you are going to have someone who has something to complain about (nature of the beast) but you need to ignore the negative and do what you're doing and release your project when you're satisfied with your work.

AGREED--thank you for the work Bluejay. Looking forward to playing with the class all summer.
iuguernsey

Postby waynecoop on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:54 am

Could we at least get a demo release before 2k19 or the actual draft night. I don't think everyone's waiting for a complete draft, just something that is playable.
waynecoop

Postby t-work on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:50 am

Take your time with this. A lot of people don't understand the amount of work it takes to pull something like this off. You're doing great
t-work

Postby Artu-d23 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 am

Where can I download the draft class for my nba? :wink:
Artu-d23

Postby tomortlieb on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:14 am

The sentiments regarding the overall work and attention to detail are spot on. End of the day - this is a video game. Thanks for the effort and I look forward to the release. Take your time getting to that point and take care of yourself and family first.
tomortlieb

Postby Rosque on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:22 am

Jesus f'n Christ, I know you guys are anxious about the release of this draft class and you should be! But please, for the love of God, or whatever it is that you believe in, stop with the requests to release something that is so close to being done. Brandon is doing two massive projects at the same time and has a bigger issue on the plate than a goddamn draft class or roster. Really struck a nerve with these comments. It's like you do not read that this man could lose someone in his life soon and you put unnecessary pressure on him. Please, I beg you, stop with that.

Thank you.

:roll:
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 am

Honestly, I'm completely overwhelmed. Between PM's providing help and people's comments here, it truly means so much to me.

I felt completely lost, not only on the project, but with life. To see this community behind this project and want to see it succeed is inspiring. You're all incredible and I want to think this is a shining example of why I love this community.

I will get it done. We will get it done. Thank you and god bless.
bluejaybrandon

Postby t-work on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:36 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Honestly, I'm completely overwhelmed. Between PM's providing help and people comments here, it truly means so much to me. I felt completely lost, not only on the project, but with life. To see this community behind this project and want to see it succeed is inspiring. You're all incredible and I want to think this is a shining example of why I love this community. I will get it done. We will get it done. Thank you and god bless.

t-work

Postby OG 75 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:06 pm

What up Blue?! I'm just writing to express my compliments for your hard work on this draft class despite that massive setback with nearly 1/3 or 1/2 of the prospects choosing to go back to school for another year. & I'm sorry to see what you're going through with all these haters or anxious modders that be wanting this class SO BAD. If anything, I'd advise to not let anyone & their BS to get to you.

Besides, I been coping with the wait myself by making up my own draft classes based off the PS4 version from PS4 players such ass embrace the pace & jackmove only that I have the following added with CFs & pic portraits:

DeAndre Ayton
Luka Doncic
Marvin Bagley III
Michael Porter Jr
Kevin Knox

& here are the ones with CFs but no pic portraits:

Trae Young
Tony Brown Jr
Malik Newman

All CFs were based of Razor so credit & kudos to him. If anything, just keep working at it. Eventually I may need to do some class rearranging myself.
OG 75

Postby Artu-d23 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi Blue. I wanted to know if your mod of the draft class I will be able to download it since ? I do not have the nba in steam bought sorry but am living in venezuela :C
Artu-d23

Postby Rosque on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Artu-d23 wrote:Hi Blue. I wanted to know if your mod of the draft class I will be able to download it since ? I do not have the nba in steam bought sorry but am living in venezuela :C

Buy a game, don't be a pirate.
Rosque

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:51 pm

phpBB [video]
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Artu-d23 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:49 am

Rosque wrote:
Artu-d23 wrote:Hi Blue. I wanted to know if your mod of the draft class I will be able to download it since ? I do not have the nba in steam bought sorry but am living in venezuela :C

Buy a game, don't be a pirate.

I can not brother venezuela is in the shit economically for me it would be a luxury to have nba2k18 but I live in venezuela with less than $ 30 a month
Artu-d23

Postby cjdakid3 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Has anybody made a Donte DiVincenzo yet? his stock is RISING!!!
cjdakid3

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:35 pm

cjdakid3 wrote:Has anybody made a Donte DiVincenzo yet? his stock is RISING!!!

Yes, he is completed and in this class.
bluejaybrandon

Postby cjdakid3 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:27 pm

PERFECT!!!
cjdakid3

Postby dyopopoy on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:bluejaybrandon

Hey man. just read your posts. I feel for you man. Having a love one in a life or death situation is really a guywrenching experience. Hope everything works out for you.
As for the creation of this mod, I just want to add, if it matters, JUST DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY man. If this mod makes you happy, to cover up everything that sucks in life, then do this. But if this add to the stress, just shut this down. or at least continue in your own discretion.
But yeah, whatever makes you happy. Good luck in life.
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby Pitinodidntknow on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:51 am

been following this for a long time and can't wait till it drops. Is this for pc only? or could I get the mod on xbox
Pitinodidntknow

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding