2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Warriors in 4
13%
Warriors in 5
19%
Warriors in 6
13%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Cavs in 4 (bruh)
No votes
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
No votes
Cavs in 7
13%
Golden Knights in 6
No votes
STAND FOR THE FLAG
6%
Wake me up when it's the draft
31%
These poll options suck. Should have just recycled last year's... or the year before's
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Postby Lamrock on Wed May 30, 2018 2:45 pm

JaoSming wrote:Yeah I am not in the "OH GOD THIS AGAIN?!?!!" train. I'll take this matchup until some team steps up and takes it from them.

I mean that's fair. In spite of all their flaws, the Cavaliers were the best team in the East, and while the Chris Paul is disappointing (though not entirely unexpected), Golden State was missing Iguodala, and it is kind of funny seeing the analytics team miss 27 straight threes when it literally matters most.

Having said that, unless LeBron goes to another East team, Boston's gotta be the favorite to come out of the East next year, right?
Lamrock

Postby air gordon on Thu May 31, 2018 12:52 am

Cavs were the best in the East? imagine if lebron had a full season with those bums. gosh larry nance can't be this bad. Boston was the better team

is that right? GS -12.5? LOL
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 31, 2018 12:56 am

air gordon wrote:Cavs were the best in the East? imagine if lebron had a full season with those bums. gosh larry nance can't be this bad. Boston was the better team

Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Jeff Green, etc. Total bums especially that horrible, pathetic excuse for a player Kevin Love. Kevin Love is trash, what a bum.

Might as well have played 1 on 5 instead of playing with that pile of trash.

Lol gotta love the people that fall for this "solo" shit. Keep it simple my friends, follow the narrative.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu May 31, 2018 7:05 pm

air gordon wrote:Cavs were the best in the East? imagine if lebron had a full season with those bums. gosh larry nance can't be this bad. Boston was the better team

I guess that is an issue. After the blockbuster trade, the Cavs were supposed to be back on track but are left playing same shit players they always owned, almost entirely and beyond. Ffs, Jeff Green of all players is asked to step up as a starter to make the Finals? What are the chances...

Hard to imagine these bums getting to the Finals let alone making the playoffs without LBJ on the team. Not sure any other stars can do the same but perhaps the roster is built the way to suit LBJ and play making small/power forward.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby koberulz on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:50 am

JaoSming wrote:TBH, I just want the Cavs to win to even this thing 2-2. Then we can get a nice best of 5 situation.
I'm not quite sure that's how numbers work...
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:18 am

NovU wrote:I guess that is an issue. After the blockbuster trade, the Cavs were supposed to be back on track but are left playing same shit players they always owned, almost entirely and beyond. Ffs, Jeff Green of all players is asked to step up as a starter to make the Finals? What are the chances...

Hard to imagine these bums getting to the Finals let alone making the playoffs without LBJ on the team. Not sure any other stars can do the same but perhaps the roster is built the way to suit LBJ and play making small/power forward.

it is remarkable and sad at the same time clarkson and nance (and hood) were non contributors, garbage some could say. sometimes i think they were better off just keeping Wade. but its possible one of those 3 can give some good minutes for this series. cavs need some athleticism out there and i can't imagine lue leaning on a 6 player rotation all series

if tristan thomp can continue to play out on switches and draymond green continues to forget how to shoot, i think Lue can devise a good defensive scheme. too bad KD and Curry have that ability to hit those hero shots
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:20 am

koberulz wrote:
JaoSming wrote:TBH, I just want the Cavs to win to even this thing 2-2. Then we can get a nice best of 5 situation.
I'm not quite sure that's how numbers work...

Cavs win this year, next year marks the 5th year of these two teams going at it for the "best of 5"
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 am

[Q] wrote:Every NBA Finals dating back to 1991 has featured either: Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. 28 consecutive Finals with at least one of those six players

is that really such a rare and interesting occurrence tho
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:37 am

air gordon wrote:it is remarkable and sad at the same time clarkson and nance (and hood) were non contributors, garbage some could say. sometimes i think they were better off just keeping Wade. but its possible one of those 3 can give some good minutes for this series. cavs need some athleticism out there and i can't imagine lue leaning on a 6 player rotation all series

if tristan thomp can continue to play out on switches and draymond green continues to forget how to shoot, i think Lue can devise a good defensive scheme. too bad KD and Curry have that ability to hit those hero shots

Seems the Lakers and Jazz upped Clarkson and Hood's trade value before trading them away by giving them ball in their hands. Evidently both were putting up some big numbers. But neither Lakers nor Jazz are not missing their blown up raw numbers at all due to their high usage and low efficiency flaw. It sucks JR Smith and Jeff Green are still the guys to go with.

I was expecting Nance to be better than this indeed in the playoffs. But again, Thompson is a guy to go with. LoLz

But Hill is alright, not good but bearable. Verdict tough is he is an aging point guard with declining game.

That said, I dont believe having Wade or Isaiah would have been better, perhaps slightly but definitely not by much. Rose is garbage too, no real loss there either. That makes deadline trade more about Jae Crowder for George Hill deal. Sad..
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:
[Q] wrote:Every NBA Finals dating back to 1991 has featured either: Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. 28 consecutive Finals with at least one of those six players

is that really such a rare and interesting occurrence tho

You could basically eliminate Hakeem from the conversation if MJ doesn't play baseball
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:01 am

Didn't know Jao is a lowkey LeBron fan.

LeBron vs Warriors is our generation's version of Wilt vs Celtics.

A dominating once in a generation player being thwarted from winning it all by the better stacked team.

Cavs winning two games in this Finals can already be considered an achievement.
Remove LeBron from this Cavs and it becomes a lottery team similar to the Wolves team that Kevin Love used to roll with.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:11 am

Dee4Three wrote:

Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Jeff Green, etc. Total bums especially that horrible, pathetic excuse for a player Kevin Love. Kevin Love is trash, what a bum.

Lol gotta love the people that fall for this "solo" shit. Keep it simple my friends, follow the narrative.

Kevin Love and George Hill are the only starting-caliber player on the Cavaliers besides LeBron. Golden State has four all-stars. Korver is a solid role player but he's 37 years old! Players like J.R. Smith and Jeff Green are below average due to their inconsistent play, and it's always a surprise when they actually do play well. And you could say the same for pretty much all of their role players - Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance, Jordan Clarkson... sure, one or two of them will probably get hot, but it's absolutely necessary when the rest of your role players are playing like dogshit. I get that you're still engaged in that LeBron debate from the previous series thread, but you're crazy if you think he has a good supporting cast.

@ air gordon: I say Cavs are the best team in the East because they made it to the Finals. Sure, a healthy Celtics team would have probably beaten them, but the Celtics weren't healthy and as a result weren't quite as good.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:20 am

shadowgrin wrote:Didn't know Jao is a lowkey LeBron fan.

LeBron vs Warriors is our generation's version of Wilt vs Celtics.

A dominating once in a generation player being thwarted from winning it all by the better stacked team.

Cavs winning two games in this Finals can already be considered an achievement.
Remove LeBron from this Cavs and it becomes a lottery team similar to the Wolves team that Kevin Love used to roll with.

People are trying to hype Love and how good he is, but then again those Minnesota teams really underachieved while he was there. To be fair, they are still underachieving, but that's besides the point
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:24 am

Lamrock wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Kevin Love and George Hill are the only starting-caliber player on the Cavaliers besides LeBron. Golden State has four all-stars. Korver is a solid role player but he's 37 years old! Players like J.R. Smith and Jeff Green are below average due to their inconsistent play, and it's always a surprise when they actually do play well. And you could say the same for pretty much all of their role players - Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance, Jordan Clarkson... sure, one or two of them will probably get hot, but it's absolutely necessary when the rest of your role players are playing like dogshit. I get that you're still engaged in that LeBron debate from the previous series thread, but you're crazy if you think he has a good supporting cast.

@ air gordon: I say Cavs are the best team in the East because they made it to the Finals. Sure, a healthy Celtics team would have probably beaten them, but the Celtics weren't healthy and as a result weren't quite as good.

It has nothing to do with being engaged by the other thread.

His supporting cast is better than they are given credit for. Kevin Love was averaged 26 and 13 the year BEFORE LeBron recruited him to Cleveland. His role has lessoned significantly (Because of one person dominated the ball every possession), so naturally he averaged only about 18 and 10 this season. He's still an all-star caliber player. Yes, the Wolves underachieved in the West, but again that was in the West. It doesn't take away from how good of a player Kevin Love was/is.

The players can't get into much of a rhythm... ever. They are standing on the perimeter waiting for a pass in most cases, literally just waiting.

We are all literally going over the same shit over and over again in this regard, so I am cool with agreeing to disagree with you. This gets exhausting, lets see what happens in tonights game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:30 am

Only really happened the past year or so. Couldn't hate him anymore and played pretty much the entire season in the kill everything mode I like from the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZtzz_4-OA
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Old friend on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:24 am

JaoSming wrote:

Only really happened the past year or so. Couldn't hate him anymore and played pretty much the entire season in the kill everything mode I like from the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZtzz_4-OA
phpBB [video]

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:19 am

lol@ cryo fergie and jumanji 4

Lamrock wrote:@ air gordon: I say Cavs are the best team in the East because they made it to the Finals. Sure, a healthy Celtics team would have probably beaten them, but the Celtics weren't healthy and as a result weren't quite as good.

ah fair enough. i do think overall the c's had the better talent but playing on the road, do or die game 7's, and lebron james played a factor... but that water is already under the bridge

i must say though George hill does look passable as a result of just not being as bad as the rest.

isn't love playing through an injury or 2?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 am

LeBron James is ready for game 1 of the NBA Finals. Handbag and suit shorts for intimidation. Looking like he used some Nair as well.

Who wore it better?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am

Cavs have kept up with the Warriors in the first quarter with near perfect offense from LBJ. I guess cramp coming?

The Warriors are known for huge 3rd quarter, I guess that's where Cavs fate will end.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:49 am

The Warriors aren't looking particularly sharp so far. Bad shot selection, a lot of missed threes, and lacklustre defense. I don't think David West is going to get the job done on LeBron, either.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:34 pm

McGee with what might be the worst miss in NBA Finals history.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Andrew wrote:McGee with what might be the worst miss in NBA Finals history.

At least he missed..... JR is something else. Now, Warriors are killing Cavs.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Warriors survive a Hall of Fame performance from LeBron, and their own miscues for much of the game. They looked unfocused, uninterested. I expect that'll change, but yeah, they escaped with this one. Changing the charging call to a blocking foul is obviously going to be the controversial story until Game 2.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Can LeBum James do this for every game, then I can envision them taking 3 games in this series.

Who will stop this Golden States era seriously? LeBron needs to team up with Kawhi next season then I say we have a real competition.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:21 pm

benji

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball