Real 2018 Draft Class - Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Massive Preview Post

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Sat May 12, 2018 5:02 am

Goods just made this https://youtu.be/DY7AIL5-pV4

You can but only names cyber faces and measurements
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby ilja23mia on Sat May 12, 2018 5:03 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
ilja23mia wrote:Is it possible to make this draft for the gm mode ?
so we could play the story mode and draft the players? :bowdown:

I have not played the new MyGm mode. Is there no option to load draft classes like there is in MyLeague?

No its Not its a draft Class from 2k.. you dont have options to load a new draft class
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby d4r on Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Don't want to be pushy but are we getting close to a release?
d4r

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

d4r wrote:Don't want to be pushy but are we getting close to a release?

Don’t wanna speak for bluejaybrandon
But I will say this, production has picked up a lot on this project so just stay tuned my man
MonkeymanJSV

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 14, 2018 3:22 am

d4r wrote:Don't want to be pushy but are we getting close to a release?

It’s all good, I understand the frustration. This project has been on-going for some time. I don’t mean to continually hype it, but this is the most ambitious draft class project in next-gen 2k. No more drafting generic CAP faces with real prospect names. You’re guaranteed a full year of real drafted players that will progress naturally. This takes tons of time and many of us have responsibilities outside of modding.

We are very close to a release. One major issue is that May 30 is the withdrawal deadline. This means that the draft could be drastically different from the class we’re putting out so adjustments may need to be made. I thank everyone for their understanding.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon May 14, 2018 4:08 am

Is the class that you have on steam, the most up to date draft class that you have so far?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 14, 2018 4:19 am

TGsoGood wrote:Is the class that you have on steam, the most up to date draft class that you have so far?

No. The draft class hasn’t been pushed live for over a month.
bluejaybrandon

Postby theimer on Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

can i download?
theimer

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 pm

theimer wrote:can i download?

No. It has not been released. Just to clarify, when the project goes live it will be on 2k share with the content as a separate download on this site.
bluejaybrandon

Postby kubiks0704 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:31 am

I assume from your previous posts that you're very close to release this bad boy ;) Are you still working on players attributes, tendencies etc. or just on cyberfaces and graphics? If you're done with players skills can you upload draft class on 2k share? I know I'm asking for that second time, but I just can't wait to see Porter Jr. in my Bulls squad :D(can you imagine that? :shock:)

Great project. Keep it up! :bowdown:
kubiks0704

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 17, 2018 11:06 pm

kubiks0704 wrote:I assume from your previous posts that you're very close to release this bad boy ;) Are you still working on players attributes, tendencies etc. or just on cyberfaces and graphics? If you're done with players skills can you upload draft class on 2k share? I know I'm asking for that second time, but I just can't wait to see Porter Jr. in my Bulls squad :D(can you imagine that? :shock:)

Unfortunately, yes there are still attributes and tendencies to updated. This is because as cyberfaces are made for players, I edit their attributes to make them fit in their proper draft position. Then I have to tweak others to make sure the order remain somewhat consistent.

As you said, it is nearing completion. At this time last year, I had already completed the draft class project, but this project is just so much more ambitious.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Sun May 20, 2018 1:51 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
kubiks0704 wrote:I assume from your previous posts that you're very close to release this bad boy ;) Are you still working on players attributes, tendencies etc. or just on cyberfaces and graphics? If you're done with players skills can you upload draft class on 2k share? I know I'm asking for that second time, but I just can't wait to see Porter Jr. in my Bulls squad :D(can you imagine that? :shock:)

Unfortunately, yes there are still attributes and tendencies to updated. This is because as cyberfaces are made for players, I edit their attributes to make them fit in their proper draft position. Then I have to tweak others to make sure the order remain somewhat consistent.

As you said, it is nearing completion. At this time last year, I had already completed the draft class project, but this project is just so much more ambitious.

I understand it takes a lot of effort to change ratings/tendencies, but if you really wanted to make a version with more accurate ratings (not making them fit draft position) that would be awesome too. Personally I control all 30 teams, I don't know how many others do but it does take away the worry of inaccurate draft positions.

Either way, this is awesome. I've always had something like this in mind when thinking about draft classes, but I don't have the time anymore to continue learning how to make cyberfaces or to edit everything else. Thanks a lot.
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 am

Wzvd wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

I understand it takes a lot of effort to change ratings/tendencies, but if you really wanted to make a version with more accurate ratings (not making them fit draft position) that would be awesome too. Personally I control all 30 teams, I don't know how many others do but it does take away the worry of inaccurate draft positions.

Either way, this is awesome. I've always had something like this in mind when thinking about draft classes, but I don't have the time anymore to continue learning how to make cyberfaces or to edit everything else. Thanks a lot.

Well the ratings will be accurate regardless. The “intangibles” rating is bumped to change overall and thus draft position. So regardless, players will player like their real life counterparts
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Progress Update

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 am

I do wish there was an option for projected pick range because every time I made a draft class in the past it’s hard to line up the draft position
MonkeymanJSV

Postby brandon1ngr4m on Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm

release this week? great work btw! :bowdown: :bowdown:
brandon1ngr4m

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 pm

brandon1ngr4m wrote:release this week? great work btw! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Unlikely. I’ve had some personal setbacks and regardless, we don’t even know who’s in or out of the class. We’ll focus on getting those players that are a certainty. Getting close though.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rosque on Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

I know you guys are getting anxious about this draft class but asking for release will, get this, NOT make brandon work harder to release this.
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 am

Huge Thanks to MonkeymanJSV for his continued excellence!

Aaron Holiday

Keita Bates-Diop:

bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Keita Bates Diop and Aaron Holiday Preview

Postby Rosque on Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 am

Looks dope :applaud:
Rosque

Postby Mattmikemo on Thu May 24, 2018 1:36 am

I want to attempt an Isaac Bonga cyberface and portrait in the next couple of days (not saying it's going to look good lol). Has he already been done for this project?

I also have years of experience with graphics editing programs so if players still need portraits I can handle that too. Super excited for this project! :D
Mattmikemo

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Thu May 24, 2018 1:56 am

Monkeyman you the real MVP! Those cyberfaces are amazing!
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 am

Mattmikemo wrote:I want to attempt an Isaac Bonga cyberface and portrait in the next couple of days (not saying it's going to look good lol). Has he already been done for this project?

I also have years of experience with graphics editing programs so if players still need portraits I can handle that too. Super excited for this project! :D

Isaac Bongo has not yet been made but I had anticipated making him. I'd love to see what you can accomplish.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Mattmikemo on Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Mattmikemo wrote:I want to attempt an Isaac Bonga cyberface and portrait in the next couple of days (not saying it's going to look good lol). Has he already been done for this project?

Isaac Bongo has not yet been made but I had anticipated making him. I'd love to see what you can accomplish.

Okay cool (Y) . Like I said, I'm hoping in the next couple of days I will have time to attempt this. Fingers crossed for the result lol.

Awesome work so far btw!
Mattmikemo

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 24, 2018 4:11 am

So we have been talking and it looks like release is coming up soon. Currently the class sits just past 50 custom players complete with cyberfaces, tattoos, portraits, attributes and tendencies. The only hurdle left will be removing players that withdraw from the draft at the deadline. There will be a full write up but I want to thank everyone involved in the project either directly or indirectly. I also want to thank all of you for your dedication to this project. This forum has over 30,000 views which blows my mind.

This is an incredibly ambitious project but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you can see the hard work that went into; it truly was a group effort. I'm not promising perfection, but I can promise it will deliver where no other draft class will. This isn't some thrown together compilation of rushed faces. My hope is that this class lasts with you as you play your MyLeague and feels like a natural continuation of what 2k produced. I'll be posting preview videos soon so stay posted for that. We are nearing the home stretch and barring any unforeseen complications, you will be playing with the Real 2018 Draft Class by the end of the month.
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Thu May 24, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby OdellJR on Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:So we have been talking and it looks like release is coming up soon. Currently the class sits just past 50 custom players complete with cyberfaces, tattoos, portraits, and tendencies. The only hurdle left will be removing players that withdraw from the draft at the deadline. There will be a full write up but I want to thank everyone involved in the project either directly or indirectly. I also want to thank all of you for your dedication to this project. This forum has over 30,000 views which blows my mind.

This is an incredibly ambitious project but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you can see the hard work that went into; it truly was a group effort. I'm not promising perfection, but I can promise it will deliver where no other draft class will. This isn't some thrown together compilation of rushed faces. My hope is that this class lasts with you as you play your MyLeague and feels like a natural continuation of what 2k produced. I'll be posting preview videos soon so stay posted for that. We are nearing the home stretch and barring any unforeseen complications, you will be playing with the Real 2018 Draft Class by the end of the month.

The Hype is real
Thanks for the hard work
OdellJR

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding