2018 PLAYOFFS: (2) Boston vs. (3) Philadelphia

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Make your prediction!

Celtics in 4 (lulz)
10%
Celtics in 5
No votes
Celtics in 6
10%
Celtics in 7
No votes
76ers in 4
10%
76ers in 5
20%
76ers in 6
30%
76ers in 7
No votes
Where is Lamrock? I hate NovU making thread. It's stupid, but I'm an idiot.
10%
Sauru/Jao/Dee cry their best players are hurt and claim this series don't count.
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (2) Boston vs. (3) Philadelphia

Postby NovU on Sun May 06, 2018 2:58 pm

When I was making this thread poll, I was thinking about excluding 'Celtics in 4' option as it was deemed impossible task atm. But with all the 76ers choking and playing to their age and Celtics fluking out like Andre Miller's 52 points game, the poll option purposed for only 'lolz' might become the winner.

Or they can become the first team ever to blow 3-0 lead. Let's go Philly.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Brad Stevens outcoaching and bamboozling Brett Brown this series.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jeffx on Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 am

shadowgrin wrote:Brad Stevens outcoaching and bamboozling Brett Brown this series.

Is there any one better at drawing up inbounds plays than this cat? See, he's the type of out-of-the-box thinking coach we need in NY. Props to Danny Ainge. With all the shit that happened to Boston this season, they're one win away from the conference finals. It would be so much sweeter if Kyrie was playing.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue May 08, 2018 12:07 pm

No brooms, but still delaying the inevitable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Sixers finally win after putting a second ballhandler with Simmons in TJ despite Redick stinking it up and GOATvington getting limited minutes. Good sign that Fultz and Simmons can play together next season without ruining the offense.
Brett Brown should really use up some plays for Embiid in the post.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Sauru on Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm

NovU wrote:When I was making this thread poll, I was thinking about excluding 'Celtics in 4' option as it was deemed impossible task atm. But with all the 76ers choking and playing to their age and Celtics fluking out like Andre Miller's 52 points game, the poll option purposed for only 'lolz' might become the winner.

Or they can become the first team ever to blow 3-0 lead. Let's go Philly.

i think the best part of this entire season has been watching you cry about the celtics. you have been wrong about pretty much every single aspect of them team all season long. just wanted to thank you for making 2017/18 an enjoyable season for me
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 am

Well, I guess at least I won't be wrong anymore when LBJ pummels on Celtics again en route to the Finals, again. :wink:

shadowgrin wrote:Sixers finally win after putting a second ballhandler with Simmons in TJ despite Redick stinking it up and GOATvington getting limited minutes. Good sign that Fultz and Simmons can play together next season without ruining the offense.
Brett Brown should really use up some plays for Embiid in the post.

Can't agree more about Embiid. Not sure it was the Celtics doing something to keep him out of the paint but we didn't see him a lot in the post in this series. It's also one thing that's holding him down a bit.

Fultz and Simmons duo sounds great on paper but neither can shoot, not even freethrows. They could possibly be the worst shooting backcourt duo ever. Lonzo, Fultz, Simmons are 3 youngsters that I like watching and they all apparently have shooting mechanism issues, lolz. Wonder if any of these kids will become a good/great shooter.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 am

I don't know if Danny ainge is a genius or just working with some stupid or desperate GMs but he seems to be great at swindling them into really great deals. Trading down for Tatum and getting an extra pick, getting Kyrie for damaged goods, the whole Garnett and Pierce trade
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed May 09, 2018 1:24 am

someone please tell me what "cus crise" means!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 09, 2018 2:06 am

It's as retarded as the fanbase.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 2:10 am

air gordon wrote:someone please tell me what "cus crise" means!

Here you go.

I know you will appreciate this video, as you have my many videos in the past.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 am

shadowgrin wrote:It's as retarded as the fanbase.

Agreed.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 am

If retarded means loyal, I guess that's the case.

Celtics went 15-67 in 96-97, and had a higher attendance average in that season than when they made it to the Eastern Conference finals in 01-02. Attendance was higher when we went 40-42 in 14-15 (Post KG/Paul/Ray) than it was in 11-12 when they were all with the Celtics.

The Celtics fans I know are not bandwagon fans, they are passionate. Celtics fans might be the least bandwagon fans in the NBA. You may mean "annoying" when you say "retarded", annoying how? Because the crowd is loyal and loud? Boston fans for the most part also seem to be quite educated about the game, and the team specifically.

Nothing more funny than a NBA fan not actually hating the coach, or players, or even management of a team, but just hating them because they are the Celtics. Hating them because of the City itself. Not one of you dudes hate Tatum, or Brown, or Rozier, you guys totally like those guys. But you will hate Boston because its... well.... Boston....

To call the fans retarded in Boston, means you would need to call the fans retarded for every other team in the NBA. So I find that quite amusing.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 am

[Q] wrote:I don't know if Danny ainge is a genius or just working with some stupid or desperate GMs but he seems to be great at swindling them into really great deals. Trading down for Tatum and getting an extra pick, getting Kyrie for damaged goods, the whole Garnett and Pierce trade

the best part about these trades is how much the internet collectively shits on him for them. so many people on this forum were saying how he lost his touch with the kyrie deal. everyone was saying trading down was a dumb idea. lots of people looking pretty stupid in hind sight
Sauru

Postby Lamrock on Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 am

Every sports team has a "retarded" fanbase. Usually if a team's fanbase is truly hated, it's because there team is either really good, really popular, or both. I'm sure the New Orleans Pelicans fans would be pretty annoying were there more than ten of them.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Wed May 09, 2018 10:59 am

Lamerock, but I would still argue Celtics have a "retarded" fanbase in unsual larger percentile. cus crise did it for me.

Sauru wrote:the best part about these trades is how much the internet collectively shits on him for them. so many people on this forum were saying how he lost his touch with the kyrie deal. everyone was saying trading down was a dumb idea. lots of people looking pretty stupid in hind sight

LoL, you are the one who was hyped up about Fultz. I kinda remember bringing up the subject of trading down for a lower pick then you bursting into rage mode how you have man crush on Fultz. I remember this because I didn't think Fultz was worth #1 over Lonzo who(or Lavar) said he's only going to the Lakers so might as well trade down and let others deal with a headache who should go #1.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 am

NovU wrote:Lamerock, but I would still argue Celtics have a "retarded" fanbase in unsual larger percentile. cus crise did it for me.

Sauru wrote:the best part about these trades is how much the internet collectively shits on him for them. so many people on this forum were saying how he lost his touch with the kyrie deal. everyone was saying trading down was a dumb idea. lots of people looking pretty stupid in hind sight

LoL, you are the one who was hyped up about Fultz. I kinda remember bringing up the subject of trading down for a lower pick then you bursting into rage mode how you have man crush on Fultz. I remember this because I didn't think Fultz was worth #1 over Lonzo who(or Lavar) said he's only going to the Lakers so might as well trade down and let others deal with a headache who should go #1.

C us Rise wasn't fan made, it's a marketing tool/saying created by the teams marketing department. The t shirts the fans wear are handed out before the games.

The fans have zero responsibility for that saying, literally all marketing.

And I agree Lamrock, a teams fan base is attacked more excessively when the team is doing well. I stand by my paragraph about those who call it retarded, though. And my statement about the hate for a city/team, even when they don't hate the players/coach or even management.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 am

Lol see what you guys did

There is something about that areas fans for sure though

Great trades really by ainge. Most critics of the trade were railing him with the assumption IT injury wasn't as serious as it was. And can't close the book on fultz yet

Series over?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 10, 2018 8:36 am

[Q] wrote:I don't know if Danny ainge is a genius or just working with some stupid or desperate GMs but he seems to be great at swindling them into really great deals. Trading down for Tatum and getting an extra pick, getting Kyrie for damaged goods, the whole Garnett and Pierce trade

Danny Ainge learned from the best. Red Auerbach was a master at the art of the swindle. Look at how he got Kevin McHale & Robert Parrish.
Jeffx

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 pm

That was not an easy last quarter for the Celtics so congrats!
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Smart with the Havlicek impression.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu May 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Embiid lost them this one. That last play
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Clutch by Tatum.

Tatum has been the go to for the majority of the playoffs, and hes been so cool under pressure. Kids only 19 or 20, he is going to be something else (kind of already is).

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm

NovU wrote:Lamerock, but I would still argue Celtics have a "retarded" fanbase in unsual larger percentile. cus crise did it for me.

yup i wanted fultz over thomas. if you are going to remember be sure to remember everything. once we got kyrie i was all for us trading down. thats when you went into your typical anti celtics circle jerk saying how they needed to take lonzo as he was the second coming of jesus himself. again if you bring up the past dont be selective about it
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Ofc I said that. Lonzo at the time was a great deal.

Kyrie's trade panned out because he's not playing right now. lol
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball