2001-02 Roster - New Preview Video by Shady00018

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2001-02 Roster - New Preview Video by Shady00018

Postby RMJH4 on Thu May 03, 2018 8:26 pm

2001-02 Roster

phpBB [video]

Video Credits to Shady00018

After reading 'One Last Shot, the story of Michael Jordan's comeback' I was inspired to start this project. In the weeks of work since, I have decided to start a thread about my progress. This roster will be made to reflect the 2001-02 season, so this includes the vitals, attributes, contracts, coaches, cyberfaces and lookalikes. I may also make this into an All in One roster at a later time with what rebrands I can get online.

I have used a version of maumau78's base roster to get me started. If you download his latest data pack update you will have a lot of the files I used for this roster.

maumau78's Retro Base Roster

You will also need PeacemanNOT's Bucks Uniforms. Drop these straight into your modded folder. That should fix the Bucks uniform problem.

PeacemanNot's 1996-97 Bucks Uniforms

Major thanks to him for this, he has helped me out with quite a few things!

Notes:
  • Instead of using a created player template and plastering a cyberface on it, I've made sure to use filler players from the classic teams and used them for the missing players. I have had to rename some existing players too, so bio's will not be accurate as I cannot edit those fully. This is to stop commentators from blurting out the CAP nicknames.
  • I have edited all player ages and yrs pro to as closely replicate the season as possible. i.e; Rookie Report will contain actual rookie like K. Brown, T. Chandler, P. Gasol etc. These players will show up with either 0 or 1 yrs pro. Sophomores will show up as 1 or 2 yrs pro. So most of these can qualify for the Rookie - Sophomore game at ASW.
  • I have tried to add some free agent players to the FA pool, but mostly it will be CPU generated players that fill spots 13-15 on each teams roster. One problem I have is the top few free agents will be assigned to teams, so best to have a look around and release if you want accurate rosters. I will try and post a list of these free agents.
  • Real coaches will be used where possible (Head or Assistant), otherwise lookalikes will be used.
  • I have implemented the contracts from the 2001-02 Season ($42 Million Cap). The lowest cap for MyLeague is $79 Million, so you will need to use 30 team control and manage all contracts and transactions yourself to avoid crazy stacked teams. If I have time I plan to add any contracts from 2002-03 and 2003-04, so that free agency may be somewhat realistic for first season or two.
  • I hope to compile a Modded folder based on what resources I get from various creators.

Completed so far for all teams:
Rosters filled with 12 players.
Ages Correct.
Yrs Pro correct (Apart from Rookie - Sophomore, game limitations).
Correct Rookies.
Correct Sophomores.
Vitals Correct.
All 2001-02 Contracts are correct.
All head coaches named correctly, where real ones can be added they have been.
MyLeague Compatible.
Added retro courts from in game files.
Added retro courts from various creators.
Added retro logos from in game. (Cheat Engine)
Rename teams such as Nets, Thunder and Pelicans. (Cheat Engine)
Assign 2001 Uniforms sets as primary.
Arenas renamed.
All 2002-03 contracts are correct.
2002 Free Agency will be accurate.
2001-02 Game Settings File. (seaboh on steam)

To be completed:
Ratings adjustment for all teams. About 60% complete so far.
2003-04 contracts to be added.
Rotations.
Cyberface lookalikes for Head Coaches.
Playbook assignments where possible.
Finish 2002 Draft Class (seaboh on steam)
2003 Draft Class

Link to download season specific floors:

2001-02 Arena Floors

Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Sonics and Wizards floor are all from maumau78's download pack, I just renamed them. Bobcats floor (now assigned to Pelicans) is made by PickmansModel and is from 2K18 Downloads section. I'm 90% certain all the rest were already in game, I will double and treble check this. I extracted them with 2k18 explorer, then renamed them to replace each team's court.

I am still missing a Cavs and Hawks court from 2001-02. Have not found one of these yet. Any help here in sourcing or creating them would be appreciated.

The Bobcats court is also from 2014-15 and I added it to match the Bobcats Uni's in game already. I would like a 2004-05 Bobcats court, but for the moment this will do. The Pelicans are only a placeholder full of generics until the 2004-05 season anyway.

Just as an extra, if you want to overwrite maumau78's ESPN Scoreboard, here is another one that reminds me of a lot of the games I used to watch:

NBA on NBC Scoreboard for 2K18 and 2K17 2.0

File name in 2K Share: 2001-02 In Progress
Username: seaboh
Last edited by RMJH4 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:04 am, edited 29 times in total.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2001-02 Roster (In Progress)

Postby Andrew on Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Good stuff, best of luck with the project!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby maumau78 on Thu May 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Really glad to see those Projects are blossoming (Y) (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hokupguy on Fri May 04, 2018 4:06 am

Thanks for the credit to my video, its funny I also have been working on 2001-2002 roster/ mod project "secret project" . Good luck with yours.

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby RMJH4 on Fri May 04, 2018 5:13 am

hokupguy wrote:Thanks for the credit to my video, its funny I also have been working on 2001-2002 roster/ mod project "secret project" . Good luck with yours.

Wow! It never rains, it pours! I was wondering why you made that video so recently! Hope I didn't steal your thunder with posting it, I can take it down? Great to hear youre also working on one, either way, we both get the rosters we wanted. Good luck too. If I spot some things I'll let you know. I'm still making a spreadsheet for contracts if that's of any use?
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby hokupguy on Fri May 04, 2018 8:41 am

seaboh13 wrote:
hokupguy wrote:Thanks for the credit to my video, its funny I also have been working on 2001-2002 roster/ mod project "secret project" . Good luck with yours.

Wow! It never rains, it pours! I was wondering why you made that video so recently! Hope I didn't steal your thunder with posting it, I can take it down? Great to hear youre also working on one, either way, we both get the rosters we wanted. Good luck too. If I spot some things I'll let you know. I'm still making a spreadsheet for contracts if that's of any use?

no worries, you do you man.

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby RMJH4 on Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Ok,

Did some work over the weekend. Heat, Jazz, Kings, Knicks, Lakers, Magic, Mavericks, Nets and Nuggets now have their rosters filled. Work still to be done with all players are ratings, ages, years pro and contracts. Any team in green may still need need 1-2 cyberfaces and ratings work, eg Mitch Richmond Lakers, Patrick Ewing Magic and David Robinson Spurs.

I have updated a lot of coaches, any coach already in game has now been assigned to their correct team, eg Stan Van Gundy - Heat Assistant, Dwayne Casey Sonics Assistant etc.

Team rotations and playbooks etc still aren't done yet.

Download and have a look if you like!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby RMJH4 on Thu May 10, 2018 12:00 am

Ok,

All teams except Clippers have 12-13 players. Need to add some cyberfaces and lookalikes, but this is max 1-3 players per team. Haven't gone near contracts yet or attributes. Heights, Weights, playing position, uniform numbers should be correct as of Opening Night 2001-02.

Free agency pool is a bit of a mess at the moment, will delete some unnecessary players there soon.

Next stop is contracts, then remaining cyberfaces.

After that I will work on rotations, then remaining coaches and playbooks.

Give me some feedback if you have downloaded it. Without all the relevant cyberfaces from MauMau, Mr Star and VO1D some faces may not appear. This is purely a roster project at the moment.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Rosque on Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 am

Will you modify attributes or tendencies?
Rosque

Postby RMJH4 on Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 am

Rosque wrote:Will you modify attributes or tendencies?

Attributes anyway. I'll see if I have time for tendencies. May need help on that. Im basing this roster on URB for 2k14.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby RMJH4 on Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 am

Actually a quick question, whats the easiest way to add/remove headbands?
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby sgtsun on Thu May 10, 2018 9:53 am

hi bro, can you just upload the roster file? cuz I cant log in my steam account
sgtsun

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 am

sgtsun wrote:hi bro, can you just upload the roster file? cuz I cant log in my steam account

You asked this on the 03-04 thread as well. Why can't you log onto Steam?

Special offline rosters will most likely not be uploaded for you to download.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sgtsun on Thu May 10, 2018 10:58 am

Dee4Three wrote:
sgtsun wrote:hi bro, can you just upload the roster file? cuz I cant log in my steam account

there is something wrong with my 2k18, I can not download the roster online, so im just asking, it doesnt disturb anyone.
sgtsun

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am

sgtsun wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

there is something wrong with my 2k18, I can not download the roster online, so im just asking, it doesnt disturb anyone.

Except it is against this forum's rules to support pirated/codex versions of the game if that is your reasoning for not being able to get online.
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 10, 2018 11:27 am

sgtsun wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I'm asking what's wrong with it.

I'm regards to not disturbing anyone, you are disturbing the modders by asking them to upload an offline roster just so you can use it.

Tell us the problem with your 2K18, and maybe we can help.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sgtsun on Thu May 10, 2018 11:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:
sgtsun wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I'm asking what's wrong with it.

I'm regards to not disturbing anyone, you are disturbing the modders by asking them to upload an offline roster just so you can use it.

Tell us the problem with your 2K18, and maybe we can help.

If this bro says no, there will be no more ask. Thank you for trying to fix my game, but idont think it can be fixed, I guess the reason for that is I updated my game in a different way.
sgtsun

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm

The only way you would update your game differently is if you have the pirated version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sgtsun on Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Andrew wrote:The only way you would update your game differently is if you have the pirated version.

actually when you find out that your internet is too slow to update, you can try to download the upgrade patch offline and cover it over the 2k18 folder, but its not safe tho.
sgtsun

Postby sgtsun on Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
sgtsun wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Except it is against this forum's rules to support pirated/codex versions of the game if that is your reasoning for not being able to get online.

hey man, i dont know why u guys keep saying my game is pirated, who told u that? Actually I have two legal copies, one on steam, one on PS4, the only problem for my pc version is that the game keep showing me its updating but never finish.
sgtsun

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

The reason we're trying to establish whether or not that's the case is because a lot of people ask for help with pirated copies despite our clearly posted rules and long-established policy, and at least nine times out of ten when someone asks for the roster to be shared outside of the game, it's because they've pirated it. That's why we're suspicious of such requests, because that's usually the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

sgtsun wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
sgtsun wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

hey man, i dont know why u guys keep saying my game is pirated, who told u that? Actually I have two legal copies, one on steam, one on PS4, the only problem for my pc version is that the game keep showing me its updating but never finish.

That doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to use 2K share in game.

And if you can't get into the game, I doubt you would be asking for a roster, you would be asking for a fix to the problem.

However, if the game is not finishing it's update, verify your game cache. And if that doesn't work, reinstall.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Ok guys, so I have been busy with work the last few weeks. However I now have the following done:

All contracts accurate as of 2001-02 season. All remaining years are set to $0. I will work my way to add in 2002-03 contracts so Free Agency is somewhat realistic. At the moment all players will be free agents at season end.

I have almost finished the Clippers roster now too.

Next job is correct ages (within reason) and years pro for every player.

Still have some ratings work and cyberfaces etc to do. Have added a few more coaches (Mostly with Generic Faces - Will look at adding existing cyberfaces if possible later) I haven't really gone near rotations yet.

Just a shout out for help here, if anyone can do some work with cheat engine to assign existing retro jerseys to each possible team, pm me please. Would be nice to preview players with the correct uniforms if they are in game.

Thanks.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby maumau78 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 pm

seaboh13 wrote:Ok guys, so I have been busy with work the last few weeks. However I now have the following done:

All contracts accurate as of 2001-02 season. All remaining years are set to $0. I will work my way to add in 2002-03 contracts so Free Agency is somewhat realistic. At the moment all players will be free agents at season end.

Still have some ratings work and cyberfaces etc to do. Have added a few more coaches (Mostly with Generic Faces - Will look at adding existing cyberfaces if possible later) I haven't really gone near rotations yet.

Just a shout out for help here, if anyone can do some work with cheat engine to assign existing retro jerseys to each possible team, pm me please. Would be nice to preview players with the correct uniforms if they are in game.

Thanks.

Great :applaud:

I've released a BIG update:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105284

Maybe you want to use some of teh resources in your Project...
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:13 pm

maumau78 wrote:
seaboh13 wrote:Ok guys, so I have been busy with work the last few weeks. However I now have the following done:

Thanks.

Great :applaud:

I've released a BIG update:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105284

Maybe you want to use some of teh resources in your Project...

Excellent thanks maumau! I will integrate what I can! By the way, do you assign the uniforms for your retro team by yourself with cheat engine is it?
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Next

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding