Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am

I snagged a Mikan card for about 7k. He's not the highest overall center, but he's become almost extinct in the AH like the two Vince Carter cards. Not going to sell Reed yet, as prices are in the "I'm salty, please take this card as low as possible" state.

The PS4 AH is really messed up. Many players go for much more than they should, and as I mentioned, getting a great Center is nearly impossible now since their average price is now 300k, while on XB1, you can get Magic Shaq for around 165k.

Edit: I see Chamberlain going for nearly 500k in the AH. Compare that when I purchased him for a little over 200k the day after he came out.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:59 am

shinron15 wrote:Not going to sell Reed yet, as prices are in the "I'm salty, please take this card as low as possible" state.

I may have tried to flip him at a couple of different relatively low price points so far. :shifty:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 am

If you still have Reed, keep him for now. Once it's a couple of days past the Knicks legends, you should be able to sell him for at least a guaranteed 7k or a bit higher if you're lucky.

The picture of me getting him for 1.5k alone shows how much people are hesitant in getting him.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 am

I think they've all but given up on this mode. Easter Promo's have always been a part of ultimate team modes. No new promo coming up on 2 months now.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:15 am

The lack of new promos, lack of new masters, and unnecessary inflation of prices in the auction house are beginning to turn off my interest in LUT. It was great beforehand with the holiday promos, All-Star promos, and the AH had fair prices, but now everything has taken a complete nosedive.

It adds insult to injury how mobile Live is getting everything LUT should have, including new masters, the Easter promo, upgradable cards, etc.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 am

At least some new content is coming through. With NBA Live 16, that basically stopped halfway through March.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 am

Played the Pau Gasol Big Moments challenge, and ended up with trial LeBron. Just for fun, I put Reed in the lineup, and he did surprisingly well. He had 18 points, went 7/7 scoring, and nabbed 6 rebounds.

Just saw a video of someone pulling a trial Jokic from the challenge, but later opened a handles pack and got a 96 Iverson. I've seen people get some really great cards from the handles pack (I saw someone pull Bird iirc), but I'm scared to open one, because last time I only got Batum, Walker, and a third player I can't remember lol.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:10 pm

I feel like I probably wouldn't have great luck there, either. I think I used it all up on some of my Legends pulls.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Finally got a permanent Big Moments card via the Pau Gasol challenge!

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 am

Saw a 2015 Derrick Rose in one of the live events. I wonder what they are doing with these throwback players ...
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:49 am

Potential Rose Master challenge down the road? He's a must-have for Bulls fans if that becomes a thing.

That Pau card looks great! He's got some attributes slightly weaker than Malone, but has a good three ball on him as well.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 am

Played the big moments game and it made my blood boil a little bit seeing names like Pierce and Rondo on a green background. Let's just say I took pleasure in beating them

I also took a look at my A team before that game and figured Dominique might be expendable. I actually started pippen with his new dunking ways and I also have Rick Barry and all star MVP LeBron off the bench. Should I sell him?
Penny is a crazy finisher as well. It was mentioned that his dunk package changed and he is still really good at finishing layups. He is fast enough to blow by guys for dunks and and 1s. Loved playing win him and he wound up leading my team in scoring off the bench

Seems like they still have a lot of plans for additional content but haven't released them yet with Dirk, vc, melo, LeBron, Rose but the seasons almost over. Maybe they are saving it for the offseason when there won't be team of the weeks and rookie ladder challenges to do

Would still love to see city and classic jerseys in the mode as well as these alternate courts I've been seeing. The jazz, raptors, kings all have alternate courts.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:34 am

Somehow, I managed to foul out Perkins while playing the challenge, which forced Irving and Hayward into the lineup.

As for Nique, it's your choice if you want to sell him. Personally, I run Nets Erving, LeBron, Barry, and occasionally Drexler and Simmons as my 3's. All can do the job I look for. I'm debating if I want to get Pippen again, especially since his dunk package has been corrected, but on the other hand, I'm also comparing the attributes with All-Star LeBron, and he looks like the better offensive player. Sure, Pippen has a 99 defense, but I don't think that really matters since James swats shots left and right, and he doesn't even have a 90 defense.

Mikan turned out to be a fun player to use! Like Mutombo, he's a valuable card to have despite having lower than average overalls for a center. Plays great defense, he's not too slow, and he's a pretty good dunker.

RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 am

Lakers legends part 2 tomorrow. Legends are Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, and (yet another) Shaq.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 am

Glad I saved up coins for this. Lakers Shaq irl was better than magic shaq so this might be a chance to upgrade.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:10 am

I'll try my luck, and probably end up with West and Baylor. Not that they're terrible players, of course, but my nostalgia is partial to Magic and Shaq.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Something I also forgot to mention is that there are new Masters confirmed for this week! We were given no information or clues to who they were, but expect some new ones to drop either tomorrow, or Friday.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Currently a couple of Magic Shaqs are in the Auction House on PS4 for under 150,000 coins.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:02 am

Got Shaq.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 am

Tested my luck, and ended up with Mr. Clutch.

Since I pulled another Jerry, I sold the duplicate and got a Baylor card for 30k. With these two, I now have the early 70's Lakers trio.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 am

I pulled a Baylor card as well. I'll probably end up selling it if I can.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:10 am

I personally find Baylor fun to use. He's got a great post game, good rebounder, and an amazing midrange and finishing game. On top of that, he can be used as a Stretch Big if used properly.

Played the legends challenge, and got a trial Shaq. I wish I pulled Magic, but sadly that didn't happen. And sadly, he goes for 500k+, which basically makes it impossible to get him, unless you only use NBA Points to purchase the packs, and save all of your coins. On the positive side, I do have his Master card, and I usually use him as a pass-first player (which should be his true purpose).
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:32 am

I think I'll hang on to Magic shaq as he is a little faster than Lakers shaq

That Baylor card is a solid all around card with no apparent weaknesses. This intrigues me lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:14 am

People on Twitter are having a meltdown over the Lakers Shaq card. Little do they know his speed is basically the only thing that got nerfed significantly. From what I've seen, he's a much better inside scorer than his Magic card.

West and Baylor are going for cheap (30k and 20k respectively), so if you want to pick those two up, now would be a good time to do so. Lakers Shaq is going for fairly cheap as well. I saw him going for around 75k.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am

Considering how he was dominating the league from 2000-2002, I guess a higher Overall would be more appropriate, but it's a minor cosmetic difference at the end of the day. Maybe NBA Live should have an Intangibles rating like NBA 2K, which can basically be used to fudge Overalls either way.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18