Mods by ksmiz

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Mods by ksmiz

Postby TwisT on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 am

The scoreboard looks great. The shotclock glow works for me.

Also I've been working on some NCAA scoreboard textures if you're interested in them.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k1x6vz8pk1omppc/%5BTwisT%5DESPN%20NCAA%20Scoreboard%20Texture.psd
http://www.mediafire.com/view/84k2jqnbvpup7tk/%5BTwisT%5DCBS%20Scoreboard%20Texture.psd
Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby bongo88 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 am

great work on these scoreboards. They look great in game.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 pm

ksmiz

Postby Solo_Dolo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Yeah mane I like that scoreboard alot
Solo_Dolo

Postby ksmiz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:23 pm

thanks! TwisT with the texture

shotclock glow/blink example

DOWNLOAD
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm

nice work on the scoreboard. clever usage of transparency on the team colors :) I actually didn't extract the scoreboard, just assuming you used transparency to create the circle shape. But i did check it out in game and it looks great in game :) very good work from both you and twist
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

yup thanks!

this as the team color

If I can figure out how to add the shine/highlight the top upper half of the circles have that would be a nice touch
It makes it look like the logos are inside a glass sphere or bubble instead of 2d flat

The whole thing seems to have some translucency look to it on the real one.
The real timeouts don't completely wipe off the screen either more of a brightly lit on and dimmed off
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:46 am

my tsn scoreboard had a shine on the team colors. also looyh nbc sports scoreboard had a shine on it. can't remember how we got those. i'll look into sometime this weekend. but if you disect them or port yours using those as the base, you will probably figure it out in a few days.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 am

bongo88 wrote:my tsn scoreboard had a shine on the team colors. also looyh nbc sports scoreboard had a shine on it. can't remember how we got those. i'll look into sometime this weekend. but if you disect them or port yours using those as the base, you will probably figure it out in a few days.

DAYS? Image

haha thanks for pointing out tsn that's one my favorites but haven't used it in a while
I knew nbc had that kinda look but looyh makes magic so I don't expect it to look as good as his

it might be days before I'm happy with the look but I know where to focus now thanks! my scorebug isn't exactly aligned with the team color meshes o well v2 will look a little nicer when I take the time to figure it out
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

ksmiz wrote:DAYS?

haha, looks like you are figuring it out. looyh and me used black and greys built into the background. i usually used white on the shader texture. not sure about looyh's nbc shader texture.
here's some tips i made in case it helps you out.
https://i.imgur.com/HrBIdRo.png

the decimal strenght is 0.0 for weakest-- 0.99 for strongest. combine scorebug_opt decimal strenghth with gloss layer opacity to get desired results. just test in game for gloss strenghth.
Last edited by bongo88 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksmiz

Postby Murat on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 am

these are all lovely. well done mate
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ksmiz on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Murat wrote:these are all lovely. well done mate

thanks!

ksmiz

Postby Rodzilla91 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:15 am

great work (Y)
Rodzilla91

Postby ksmiz on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:11 am

Did some editing with one of the stadiums from TG's small gym mods pack

Changed basket to style of the others. Don't ask about glass square or padding color because I can't make sense of it yet. tried a few times.
Gave the fans chairs. And added a scoretable. I don't like the gatorade chairs but they worked with that item package I chose from screate. Might change those later
I made a lot of stuff able to edit now in the stadium and blacked out a lot of walls and stuff but liked the brick and put it back in. The "items" like chairs and scoretable I didn't mess with the .scne file yet

The file size is huge because there are a ton of unnecessary files as I was trying to get something to work. I'll check it out later to cut out some but if anyone wants to look into it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6rss1tka3egrbt/s729.iff

just messing around some more got the street hoop in there
ksmiz

Postby Maverick on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm

I like that. Did you notice any performance improvement without the normal crowd?

Btw you've got some great stuff here. Thanks
Maverick
for Life

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 am

ksmiz, great work
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ksmiz on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:14 am

Maverick wrote:I like that. Did you notice any performance improvement without the normal crowd?

Btw you've got some great stuff here. Thanks

Thanks! Umm not sure what you mean though. This stadium file originally didn't have a crowd at all and TGsoGood added crowd (my guess is crowddata file idk) so I went another step beyond that and added some courtside chairs from a similar stadium file (I think maybe magic summer league) so that the crowd wasn't just floating.

I'm happy to be able to run the game at all on my cheap laptop so I'm not much help with performance comparison anyway. I didn't notice any huge lags or anything bad either though.

TGsoGood thanks if you got any ideas for me to try or anything with these small stadiums lmk I was looking into bringing some of these smaller arenas from 2k17 over if I can figure out how to include the files that aren't there anymore if it would work

I tried moving the backwall of the highrise and swapping out baskets to make full sized but messed something up

I really wish I could revive this scoreboard
ksmiz

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:44 am

Yeah I wanted that highschool scoreboard too. I couldn't convert it.

I also want the Terminal 23 mycourt and the default mycourt from 2k16
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ksmiz on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 am

TGsoGood wrote:Yeah I wanted that highschool scoreboard too. I couldn't convert it.

I also want the Terminal 23 mycourt and the default mycourt from 2k16

What did you try with the high school scoreboard?

That's a screen from 2k18 so I was able to swap out "VISITOR" with away tri code.

The other things like score and time are not text like they are in the original 2k18 scoreboard

I've been able to do some interesting things with the vcuielement file but all I can reliably swap out are text values. I changed "BONUS" to the text of the clock (just an example).

The individual lights of the numbers lighting up or off are some other type of data/effect
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:41 am

I noticed, ksmiz, that you dug up "VC_Font": "jd_lcd_rounded" Using that font, you could make the highschool scoreboard. Not sure where the lcd_rounded.dds so you could make the LED more square, but the JD_lcd_rounded font could be used with the rounded corners. just need to build a lcd grid in the background texture image. the away score should sit ontop of the background texture.

Not sure where you dug up the jd_lcd_rounded font. Did you find other fonts when rummaging around?

moving the ScorebugHighSchool.VCUIELEMENT from the 2k18 scorebughighschool.iff (OC archive) to the 2k17 scorebughighschool.iff might work. not sure if you tried that.

I would move the 2k18 element to the 2k17 iff..... then add all of the 2k17/2k18 highschool.iff to the 2k17/2k18 newscorebug.... then rename scorebughighschool.vcuielement to newscorebug.vcuielement.... and see if the led lights work.

not sure if you tried that.... or something along those lines....

also, if you open the scorebughighschoo.scn in blender/notepad.... the highschool useses alot of different elements than the regular newscorebug.

anyways, i never did download 2k17 again. havent tried any of this out. of course, easiest would be to use the jd_lcd_rounded font. Unless you found other lcd fonts when you were rummaging around.
Cheerio!
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:44 am

just changed out the gatorade logos for jumpman in the substitution pop out panel

ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:51 am

Bongo the lcd font was in your list of fonts haha

I got the result of my screenshot above after doing the rename of the vcuielement file (I then changed visitor to away tri but basically that's what you get with rename)

I will try out some of your other suggestions and see where it takes me.

I think the lcd font dds would be in english.iff but not 100% on that
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:22 pm

rough highschool psd . Just need to insert LED Grid and align with the lcd font
attached below
bongo88

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding